Interference Fantasy Baseball '08

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished my ESPN draft. 24 rounds in 1 hour 15m. Not too shabby.

I can do tonight if thats the decision.

haven't received any feedback so i'm going to change the draft time.

so obviously the draft time has been a pain in the butt due to nobody realizing that i set the original date for easter. yahoo only slots certain times that you are able to draft. the next time that is 8pm or later available is on april 1st.

there is an 11pm est available on march 28th if people want to stay up that late.

for now i've set the draft for this wednesday at 5:45pm EST. if there are a ton of issues with that time, please post them in the interference thread. i will change accordingly.

thanks for dealing with all of this headache. i hate to say it and i know i will get shit from everyone, but if people really cant make "live" draft, another option is to just do an auto draft.

thanks for dealing with all of this headache. i hate to say it and i know i will get shit from everyone, but if people really cant make "live" draft, another option is to just do an auto draft.

well not everyone gets to the live draft anyways... those who can not make it will have their players autodrafted. but i'm trying to get a time where at least a decent number of people can get there to make their actuall picks.

normaly we have 5-6 people drafting live and the rest either forget or can't make it.

5.45 ET on Wednesday is OK with me. Thanks for trying to sort this out.

About 2 and a half hours too early for me but if it's good for most others I don't mind. Will have to look into autodrafting...how do I make sure it doesn't draft me 4 2Bmen or something silly like that?

Hewson said:
It won't draft you 4 2b, it fills all your positions.

So whoever gets Matsuzaka loses a start as the season begins Tuesday.

Yep, and a couple of saves for Papelbon too :wink:

I see that I am drafting at lucky no. seven.

Have two teams dropped out? Thought we had 13 teams at the weekend.

So I click on Kaz Matsui's news thingy on Yahoo Sports only to see this:

News and Notes
Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball '08
Player Notes

Mar 26
The Astros expect Matsui (anal fissure) to return around April 15, the Houston Chronicle reports.

Recommendation: The Astros initially thought Matsui would be able to return during the first week of the season, but his recovery is going slower than expected. There's a chance doctors won't clear him to resume baseball-related activities until next week. -RotoWire

Mar 26
2B Kaz Matsui, who had surgery to repair an anal fissure on March 17, was placed on the 15-day disabled list Tuesday, retroactive to March 21. He probably won't return before mid-April, general manager Ed Wade said. The team originally hoped Matsui would have been ready by the end of the season's first week. -Yahoo! Sports

Mar 25
Matsui will start the season on the disabled list after having surgery earlier this month to repair an anal fissure.

Advice: Matsui will be eligible to come off the DL on April 5, and could be ready to return then. He joined the Astros as a free agent after hitting .288 with four homers, 37 RBIs, 32 steals and 84 runs with Colorado last season. -STATS LLC

Mar 25
Alyson Footer, of Astros.MLB.com, reports the Houston Astros have placed 2B Kazuo Matsui (anal fissure) on the 15-day disabled list. The move was retroactive to Friday, March 21, so Matsui will be eligible to be activated Saturday, April 5. -KFFL

:huh:

Takashi Saito's News and Notes:

News and Notes
Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball '08 Player Notes

Mar 25
Saito (buttocks) was able to throw a 26-pitch simulation game on Tuesday and reported some tightness, but this doesn't appear serious, the Dodgers’ official site reports.

Recommendation: "He still has a little tightness, but he asked to throw more pitches than we had scheduled [20]," said manager Joe Torre. Saito should be good for Opening Day, but we could see Jonathan Broxton in the ninth should there be a save chance the first few days. -RotoWire

Mar 24
RHP Takashi Saito, who has overcome a calf strain this spring, has a new ailment. He missed Monday's game due to gluteus tightness. The team reported that the injury was minor. -Yahoo! Sports

I guess it's better than the alternative :laugh:

Add those tidbits to Roger's infamous abscess...

Well here we are at the traditional halfway point, the All Star break. And the Fighting Cock of Pedro leads the pack despite their genius of a GM :wink: missing the draft, having to autodraft, and ending up with both Julio Lugo (?) AND Eric Gagne (#^$%$&) on the team.

Well here we are at the traditional halfway point, the All Star break. And the Fighting Cock of Pedro leads the pack despite their genius of a GM :wink: missing the draft, having to autodraft, and ending up with both Julio Lugo (?) AND Eric Gagne (#^$%$&) on the team.

Congrats so far!

I have been failry impressed with how I am doing, knowing that this is my first time playing (or should I say, paying attention).

I am still pretty proud of drafting Hamilton, and then picking up Edinson Volquez (both sides of the best off season trade).

Yeah, I was looking back at the draft results about a month ago. You got the last pick, auto-drafted and got Pujols because people were concerned about his shoulder blowing up. You also got Berkman. Unbelievable auto-draft results (in hindsight). You kicked all our asses. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom