Henin announces return

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nielsgov

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Henin announces return

Eurosport - Former world number one Justine Henin is to make a comeback less than two years after retiring from tennis.

"I think it is a good choice, a big decision in my life," the 27-year-old Belgian told VTM television.
"The past 15 months I have been able to recharge my physical batteries, mental batteries (and) emotional batteries.
"The aim is to return (to the WTA Tour) in January in Australia. In any case it will be during the 2010 season."
The seven-times Grand Slam winner said she was inspired by the spectacular comeback of compatriot Kim Clijsters, who won the US Open this month after only a few weeks back on the professional circuit.
"Returning at that level so fast is something I respect enormously," said Henin.
Henin, who retired in May 2008 at the age of 25 saying she no longer had any passion for tennis, had been scheduled to play exhibition tournaments in Dubai and Belgium in November and December.
Speculation then grew she was considering a competitive comeback, with Belgian media reporting she had increased her training and recently ordered 14 tennis rackets.
Henin, who won 41 titles after turning professional in 1999, was recognised as having one of the best backhands in the game.
She also bucked a trend towards a power game by taller and stronger women with her slight frame.
Henin won the French Open four times, the US Open twice, the Australian Open once and Olympic gold in 2004 but failed to win Wimbledon.
The first Slam of her comeback is likely to be the Australian Open in January.
"Justine is one of the great champions in the history of women's tennis and we, along with millions of her fans around the globe, are thrilled with her announcement today," WTA Tour chief Stacey Allaster said.
"Justine is that rare athlete who decided to step away from the game at the height of her powers and no doubt she will be a force to be reckoned with.
"Her career was marked by so many amazing moments and a new chapter begins today."

Great news. After Clijsters another Belgian that returns!
It's also good for women's tennis because it sucked since Henin retired. Hopefully she'll be as succesfull as Clijsters with her comeback.

Always been a big Henin fan. Great to see her return. Never been a fan of Clijsters though, probably because I've always been so fundamentally supportive of Henin.

Back
Top Bottom