Great Moments in Sports Douchebaggery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
24ky2dc.jpg

/thread

Sophie's choice was a less excruciating to watch decision! If you can't Heat em, join em!

Excuse my ignorance, but how on earth did they score a goal?

The umpire and linesman were fooled by the guy who threw the ball inside the goal. He even goes back to check if there were any holes in the net to make sure that ball didn't go through the nets. It's pretty pathetic, really.

This motherfucker:

YouTube - Dale Hunter cheapshots Pierre Turgeon

All these years later and it still gets my blood boiling......

"Hunter achieved notoriety for fouling other players. He holds one of the NHL's longest suspension records: 21 games for delivering a late hit to Pierre Turgeon from behind.
Late in the deciding Game 6 of the 1993 Patrick Division Semifinals between the Capitals and New York Islanders, Turgeon stole the puck from Hunter and scored, putting the game out of reach. Hunter, who was trailing Turgeon on the play, checked Turgeon well after the goal as he started to celebrate. Turgeon sustained a separated shoulder from the hit, causing him to miss all but Game 7 against the Pittsburgh Penguins in the second round, as well as most of the series against the Montreal Canadiens in the conference finals. New NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman, who had earlier promised to crack down on violence, suspended Hunter for the first 21 games of the 1993–94 season—at the time, the longest suspension in league history for an on-ice incident (in terms of games missed). Years later, Hunter admitted that he'd gone too far."

And we haven't won a fucking playoff series since.

This motherfucker:

YouTube - Dale Hunter cheapshots Pierre Turgeon

All these years later and it still gets my blood boiling......

"Hunter achieved notoriety for fouling other players. He holds one of the NHL's longest suspension records: 21 games for delivering a late hit to Pierre Turgeon from behind.
Late in the deciding Game 6 of the 1993 Patrick Division Semifinals between the Capitals and New York Islanders, Turgeon stole the puck from Hunter and scored, putting the game out of reach. Hunter, who was trailing Turgeon on the play, checked Turgeon well after the goal as he started to celebrate. Turgeon sustained a separated shoulder from the hit, causing him to miss all but Game 7 against the Pittsburgh Penguins in the second round, as well as most of the series against the Montreal Canadiens in the conference finals. New NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman, who had earlier promised to crack down on violence, suspended Hunter for the first 21 games of the 1993–94 season—at the time, the longest suspension in league history for an on-ice incident (in terms of games missed). Years later, Hunter admitted that he'd gone too far."

And we haven't won a fucking playoff series since.

Once upon a time I was a huge islanders fan. Pierre Turgeon was my favorite player.

I pretty much haven't had any interest in the sport since. That was our cup if turgeon was healthy

Once upon a time I was a huge islanders fan. Pierre Turgeon was my favorite player.

I pretty much haven't had any interest in the sport since. That was our cup if turgeon was healthy

Yeah, the 1992-93 was kind of the last good run for the Isles. :sad:

Dale Hunter- :angry::angry::angry::angry:

I guess it could be argued that Mike Milbury was a huge douchebag for pissing away all of the Isles' draft picks. :angry:

i hate to turn my own sports douchebaggery thread into the dale hunter is an epic douche thread, but what the hey...

pierre turgeon, and the new york islander franchise, and to some extent a large part of long island's economy, were never the same after dale hunter's cheap shot. turgeon was a budding superstar and the islanders were a franchise on the rise. another stanley cup, or at the very least a string of successful seasons built around turgeon's starpower easily could have led to the redevelopment of the "nassau hub" area around the nassau coliseum, a project which has been talked about for years but still remains stalled as the coliseum falls apart and the islanders current ownership threatens to move the team.

Back
Top Bottom