Great Moments in Arizona Basketball History, brought to you by Donovan McNabb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't get how you can play such high level basketball and not understand basic strategy.

That one doesn't really kill me, the Webber one never did either. Now the dude who made the steal and celebrated, got whistled for a walk, and ended up costing his team (granted on a ridiculous bank 3), that was pretty bad...can't even remember the player, it was in a Big 12 tourney game.

while i mock the stupidity because i'm baisicly an asshole... i can certainly understand how it could happen.

my question to you is this... have you ever been in a high pressure athletic situation?

Yeah. I have played basketball for many years and been a part of close games. I still think there is no excuse for that foul. All the players on the floor should know the score.

you're making two seperate arguments and trying to morph them into one.

i'm sure both of those kids are fully aware that it's not a good play to foul somebody and put them on the line in a tie game. yes, they should have known the score and yes they shouldn't have done it... but i understand why they did it. they're a bunch of freshman on a team in disary who got lost in the moment when the lights were shining.

even though i used that reference at the start, i know full well that it's a hell of a lot different than, say, donovan mcnabb not knowing the rules (and then readmitting that he not only didn't know the regular season rules but didn't know the playoff rules either. these kids choked up in a big spot. it can happen to anyone.

and when i said "high pressure athletic situations" i don't mean close games.

I could see it happening once, but the second time...wouldn't have happened if Lute was still there...it falls on the coach methinks.

I could see it happening once, but the second time...wouldn't have happened if Lute was still there...it falls on the coach methinks.

i could run with that... underprepared, underfocused young players who made these bonehead plays would have been a lot more prepared for the moment with lute olsen at the helm.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom