General European Football Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

domo-kun

ONE love, blood, life
Okay, halfway down the season and no football topic to be seen anywhere?!
Shame on you al!

I'm making this a general thread for chatting,
comments and discussions on all European leagues, teams etc.
Since there is no point in making a separate for each league.

So do post away on:

- All European national Leugues
- Champions League
- Europa League
- <3 for any kind of EU footy!
- Funny footy vids, meme's or pictures
- Making fun of Ronaldo('s hair) in general.

And on that bombshell :

Here is a quick recap of the most popular Leagues.

National Leages Recap :
(midseasonish)

Eredivisie:

1. PSV
2. FC Twente
3. Ajax
4. Feyenoord
5. Vitesse
6. FC Utrecht
etc.

Bundesliga:

1. Bayern Munchen
2. Bayern Leverkusen
3. Dortmund
4. Eintracht
5. SC Freiburg
6. FSV Mainz 05
etc.

Primera División:

1. FC Barcelons
2. Atletico Madrid
3. Real Madrid
4. Malaga CF
5. Betis
6. Levante UD
etc.

Serie A:

1. Juventus
2. Lazio Roma
3. Napoli
4. Fiorentina
5. Internazionale
6. AS Roma
etc.

Premier Leage:

1. Manchester United
2. Manchester City
3. Tottenham
4. Chelsea
5. Everton
6. Arsenal
etc.

Well, I'll just say that I'm a stupid American who grows more fond of Football every year....and I finally attended some matches overseas this year: A Champions League match featuring Bayern Munich hosting/destroying Valencia....and then a Bundesliga match, again with Bayern as hosts, against Frankfurt. The crowd was ok; it sure wasn't Dortmund but it was still pretty loud, especially for the Champions League match. I hadn't attended a game since going to a CONCACAF match featuring the US vs. Mexico, and that was insane.......

I'm also an Arsenal fan, but, again, I'm still in a learning phase, I'm no expert or anything close. I just know that I love all the major international competitions, be it the World Cup or just Champions League action, and I enjoy watching Arsenal when I can.

Bayern is a wonderfull club, I followed them in their best years becuase a lot of my fav. Dutch players end up playing in the bundesliga. (Van Bommel and Robben in their glory days)
The crowds at EL are not very extreme, but as long as there is some kind of atmosphere you should be happy! You went to some nice matches!

I'm supporting PSV, our National team and the Belgian National team.
Lot of PSV players are coming out for both of those national teams, and are on their game right now.

I also support my National team, but I also root for Spain.

One day I might go to an MLS game, just so say I did. A team plays very close to where I live.

Oh I'll make fun of Princess Ronaldo any time :wink:

But yeah, I'd love to go to a Premier league match sometime, Arsenal would be cool. Or to see Bayern play with Robben :love:

I'll be curious to see how the Euro cup and Champion's league will go. Madrid wasn't quite impressive in the first rounds, I'm rooting for Borussia now I've seen them play! :D

I´m more exited about our national league. Please let PSV get the Cup-Schaal on our 100th Anniversary .:heart:

Ajax don't have an anniversary to celebrate !
I frigging beg to the god of football this year. PSV deserve it. They have won the most matches until now, they have scored the double amount of any team in any European National Leage... All team players scored at least 1 or more goal , and so on.

I'd be gutted if they mess it up now @_@
They are bad for my health even though they are so fucking awesome.

Most hyped up match of the season tonight. I'm looking forward to it.

Here's hoping for a United win.

Yes I think it's almost 100% certain that Mourinho will end up at Old Trafford at some point.

Ronaldo would be too good to be true.

I also hope the Rooney rumours aren't true.

Yeah me too. Maybe it's because of Mourinho. If he goes to Chelsea now he'll probably never end up at United.

Please get him and not Moyes.

Manure should get some unknown who has impressed with a club from a lower division, rather than a big name whose track record is exaggerated with the excessive talent a his disposal. As long as Manure don't get Malky, I'm happy!

I thought Fergie from the BEP was retiring. I was shattered to learn that was not true.

I hang shit on soccer all the time, but few sports coaches/managers, if any, have the record and respect Sir Alex does. :up:

There are reports that Moyes has already been signed... but there are reports that pig man exists as well, so we'll see.

h708A838A

Bah. Was hoping Moyes would eventually win a trophy at Everton.

So...

Dortmund very strong when pressing all over the pitch, but expended a lot of energy and now Bayern starting to assert themselves.

Both keepers in god mode.

Robben continuing to find new, amazing ways to choke.

Also, for those watching in the USA, Gus must be dying inside.

What a great climactic goal- Robben just blasted in like a tank through the centerbacks to put it away.

And now Bayern -barely- won the triple. They got Lazy in the last half.
Actually loving Robben anticlimax at agains BvB. It wasn't a spectacular goal at all. But FINALY he made that important goal

-For the Germans... (!?!)

Should have happened in the WC of 2010 :lol: Sorry Arjen.

Back
Top Bottom