Formula 1 2014 - Interferencers for Daniel Ricciardo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
Not sure this thread will get much interest, but we used to have a few F1 fans around these parts.

Anyway the Aussie GP is on this weekend, I'm super bloody excited as I always am, but even more so right now because the young Aussie bloke Daniel Ricciardo has qualified second, while his teammate, four-time world champ and all-round flog Seb Vettel will start from 13th on the grid. It's the first time he's missed Q3 in nearly two years.

Plenty of other interesting stuff happening too. Mercedes continue to show significant improvement, Kevin Magnussen - son of Jan, who I occasionally played as on F1GP97 on the N64 - has qualified fourth in his first ever race for McLaren, a team desperately looking to get back to the front, and well ahead of his teammate Jenson Button. Both the Toro Rossos are in the top 10, as are the two Williams and a Force India, while the two Lotuses will shockingly take the back row.

Race kicks off in about 80 minutes. Go Dan!

The end of Q3 was awesome. The crowd went absolutely nuts when Ricciardo crossed in pole, only to have it snatched away by Hamilton seconds later. Amazing stuff.

Was way too early so I only caught the last 15 laps. That Bottas kid looks great. Magnusson had an impressive weekend as well.

I feel for Hamilton. He's the one I'll be rooting for this season. Easily the most exciting driver but I'm not sure the F1 of 2014 is suited to his aggressive racing style. He'll rack up the poles as he's probably the fastest over one lap but he'll need to do more than that to actually win races.

Not suited to Raikkonen either. I think it's all a bit of a shame... there's gonna be a lot of races this year where drivers with speed won't be able to chase down drivers in front of them because they have to conserve fuel. The cars also sound awful. Not sure what Magnussen was doing at the start, he swerved right across the track, but he looks good, as does Bottas. Would be nice to see Williams up there again. Not since the days of Ralf Schumacher and Juan Pablo Montoya have they been competitive.

I agree. What I do like, however, is the powerful turbos and the new rules with regards to downforce. That means the drivers can't go full throttle in places where they could the past few seasons which makes it more exciting.

How are the new tyres?

That would suck. How does something like that even happen? You can't expect to get away with it.

Also, were you there live cobl?

Not much information to go on other than one of the rule peeps who said he "exceeded consistently the maximum allowed fuel flow of 100kg/h". Team fuck-up. He's been officially disqualified. Team is appealing.

Gotta tell you, nothing would please me more than seeing Vettel struggle this year. He is an absolute flog.

I wasn't this year. I've seen it live once, and it's better on TV, but the Fridays and Saturdays are great days to go. Last year I was in a corporate box right above pit lane on the Friday, which was absolutely fucking sick. Not to mention the free alcohol, free food and free programme, you get to watch all the pit stops, and it is truly phenomenal how quick they do it. It's also really easy to see the difference in money between the top teams and the bottom.

Gotta tell you, nothing would please me more than seeing Vettel struggle this year. He is an absolute flog.
I wouldn't expect anything else from an Australian. Still, he doesn't come across as the most sympathetic person to say the least and his domination has been boring. So I do agree.

I wasn't this year. I've seen it live once, and it's better on TV, but the Fridays and Saturdays are great days to go. Last year I was in a corporate box right above pit lane on the Friday, which was absolutely fucking sick. Not to mention the free alcohol, free food and free programme, you get to watch all the pit stops, and it is truly phenomenal how quick they do it. It's also really easy to see the difference in money between the top teams and the bottom.
That sounds great. I really want to go to Spa one day.

He's arrogant. Which I admire in most people, but when he's been up against an Aussie you gotta support the home team. He's also been the beneficiary of bullshit like calling rank, which shits me up the wall. Rubens Barrichello should have won way more races than he did. Schuey did the same thing.

Oh man, I'd love to go to Spa. Reckon if you polled fans and people in the industry of which is the best track Spa would come out on top. Was even a joy to drive on the N64. Far from where you live?

It's far in Belgium but it still isn't that far at all. I reckon it's a two hour drive.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using U2 Interference mobile app

No, totally forgot it was on. It's good to see Williams back up the front again, loved watching them when they were on top around 03-04, with Ralf Schumacher and Montoya.

Mercedes' dominance has been a bummer, but this happens in F1. Seems like in recent weeks the likes of Ricciardo and Bottas have been able to match them. Will be keen to see how Hockenheim goes this weekend, always loved that track.

Will be keen to see how Hockenheim goes this weekend, always loved that track.

P cool to check out since you dig Hockenheimring so:

kKpqyje.gif

Anyone watch Spa last night? Was great. Mah boy drove a terrific race, overtaking Alonso without much trouble, same with Vettel, and then he just drove really calmly and took advantage of Mercedes' hilarious fucjk-ups.

I fucking hate Rosberg. Everything seems to be going his way, the cheat.

Anyway, good on Ricciardo. He's the real deal.

Totally Nico's fault. Lewis came out and said Nico basically admitted to doing it on purpose. I just can't stand Lewis so I find it hilarious. And my dudes Ricciardo and Bottas podiumed so good day all around.

Back
Top Bottom