FC Barcelona Fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree, Cups are irrelevant to the genuine football fan. It's about following the fortunes of your club through thick and thin. Not just watching a Messi highlights package 3000 miles away and thinking "he is good" and his team wins trophies so I will support them. You can actually enjoy following your club when engaged in a relegation battle, sometimes more so than when you're a chance of winning a league or competition, which is why glory hunting is such a pointless exercise.

I agree, Cups are irrelevant to the genuine football fan. It's about following the fortunes of your club through thick and thin. Not just watching a Messi highlights package 3000 miles away and thinking "he is good" and his team wins trophies so I will support them. You can actually enjoy following your club when engaged in a relegation battle, sometimes more so than when you're a chance of winning a league or competition, which is why glory hunting is such a pointless exercise.

Just a quick update. My mother is from Barcelona and I am actually related to Iniesta. My Mom's cousin is his father so this love I have for Barca started back as far as 1982 when I was 7 and saw my first game at Camp Nou. A certain Maradona was playing in the squad then and scored a beauty right by my seat, well I was hooked.

This is my legitimate connection to a storied and true club just like U2. Fierce, passionate and full of rich history.

Mes que un club!

Long way out.....

Hey jimmmm,

shouldn't you be supporting your own United in Lincolnshire? I am talking about Scunthorpe United. Or at least you could support Sheffield or Hull who are still closer.

Salford is a long 140 miles (2 hours and 33 minutes) for a east midlands chap to travel! BUT at least your not from London which is very insulting to the capital cities multitude of professional clubs to support!

I am shocked when I travel to London for business, how many young punks are selling out their southern heritage and supporting the north because of it's success.

You see in the end, that is the nature of sports. Competition for glory and silverware is the #1 driving factor to it's success and why certain clubs are more supported than others.

It may be too late for you to be saved as you have supported the correctly named "red devils" for too long but do yourself a favor and don't subject your children to this abuse, eh?

Enjoy your Ferguson-less season with Moyes running the show by his coat-tails. This is actually the first year in many when the prem league looks interesting and might be worth a view!

Obviously you didn't read my post when I first went to see United, back in 1974 football was nowhere near as high profile as it is now, and I, up until that point wasn't interested in the slightest about it, my elder brother took me over to see the United game as a treat to his kid brother, and it was the greatest gift anyone could have given me, and as I said, I was hooked, instantly, you supporting barcelona could NEVER appreciate such an atmosphere, a Division 2 game, Jesus, even now you hardly take enough to fill a single decker bus to most away matches never mind back in the '70's, Uniteds support that day got me hooked as much as the football, again I'll state, United were in Division 2 that season, hardly the actions of a "glory hunter"
And again you keep spouting off about "enjoy" the SAF less years, as if its going to be some sort of disaster, if we don't win trophies then so be it, as I said earlier football isn't and never will be ALL about winning trophies, if it was, why were United constantly the best supported club in England throughout the predominantly trophy-less decades of the '70's & '80's.
And 1 more thing why the hell does it bother you and anyone else who doesn't support United that we have fans all over the world, what difference is it supporting United from a different town or country than barcelona.
Admit it you are really a bin dipper masquerading as a barcelona fan, only they could be as bitter about United's global appeal & support as you so obviously are.

I took the guy from behind and pushed him away. He then pulled out a knife and tried to stab at us but by this time was grabbed by security and held for the Police. We were told to leave and not show our faces in their Man U bar again.

English Football Violence is legendary and your fans are some of the worst. I have never encountered any other supporter pulling knives on people.

Dec 2009 article:

Manchester United fans topped the Premier League for arrests last season, police figures show.

The number of football-related arrests fell to 3,752, down 90 from the 2007-8 season. Half were for disorder and about a third for alcohol offences. Other arrests were for ticket touting and violence.

Of the 1,600 fans arrested from clubs in the top flight, 185 were followers of Manchester United. Fulham had the fewest fans arrested with just 13

Back
Top Bottom