Favorite Sports That This Forum Never Talks About

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Screwtape2

Blue Crack Addict
Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Dr
I'm interested in seeing what smaller sports people here love and why.

My favorite sport other than NFL football is actually women's college volleyball. I try to catch every game on TV when Nebraska plays. Volleyball is surprisingly big in Nebraska. It's football, basketball and volleyball. It is one of best sports to watch too. Nebraska volleyball is far more important to me than Iowa football or Creighton basketball. Jordan Larson, Tracy Stalls and Sarah "the hammer of God" Pavan will always rank up there as favorite athletes.

What are your favorite less talked about in this forum sports?

The great sport that is never talked about in this forum (at least since I've been around) is golf. It's one of my favorite sports to watch and play. I'm damn good at it, too.

And I like that Tiger Woods dude, he's good.

I really like volleyball too. I used to be pretty good at it - made the varsity team my sophomore year of HS, but then moved to Oklahoma, where the basketball coach's response when I said I loved volleyball and wish they had it here was "volleyball? That's a California sport."

:angry:

Curling.

(I used to watch a lot of figure skating too, Cori. Not so much in the past few years, but we watched a LOT back when Sarah skated.)

My parents took up curling a few years ago! I don't think they've done it for a while, though. I tried it once - it was a lot harder than it looks. Damn ice.

I used to be all over figure skating, but have stopped following it so closely - I don't think I can name any top competitive skater these days, other than ... whatshisname, the American guy who's openly gay. I want to say Johnny Weissmuller, but that might be the guy who played Tarzan way back in the day. Is it just Johnny Weiss? :hmm:

I think the last time I was really following it was back when Michelle Kwan was still competing - and honestly, I didn't even realize she'd retired until several years after she had.

My parents took up curling a few years ago! I don't think they've done it for a while, though. I tried it once - it was a lot harder than it looks. Damn ice.

I used to be all over figure skating, but have stopped following it so closely - I don't think I can name any top competitive skater these days, other than ... whatshisname, the American guy who's openly gay. I want to say Johnny Weissmuller, but that might be the guy who played Tarzan way back in the day. Is it just Johnny Weiss? :hmm:

I think the last time I was really following it was back when Michelle Kwan was still competing - and honestly, I didn't even realize she'd retired until several years after she had.

:drool: figure skating.

I can't really name the top competitors in singles or pairs anymore either; I've become an ice dancing junkie. It's really figure skating in its purest form...all about edges and footwork, not throwing yourself in the air as many times as you can in 4 minutes.

The new scoring system has pretty much ruined the artistry, where pulling your foot over your head scores more points than beautiful spirals and spread eagles and interpreting the music.

...and Michelle Kwan is contemplating 2010. I love her to death, but she didn't have a triple-triple combo at 26, there's no way she'll have one at 30. She needs to be happy with her silver and bronze medals that most people never get to wear and let go of the dream of gold.

Okay, I'm done until someone starts talking about synchronized skating. :D

Last edited:
I love watching World Cup Skiing. It's a pain to actually find it on tv, but I love it and follow the season pretty closely.

Women's collegiate gymnastics and softball...no 14-year olds allowed...:no:

Who are you trying to fool, everyoe knows your favorite sport is the LPGA, and your favorite player is:
maar01_wie.jpg

Back
Top Bottom