Fantasy Football 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexHamilton

The Fly
It's about that time. How many leagues are you playing in? Who are your sleepers/busts for the upcoming season? How did you fare last year?

I won my first fantasy football title last year (in my 3rd year of playing). My roster included:

QB - Drew Brees
RB- Michael Turner
RB - Matt Forte
WR - Andre Johnson
WR - Greg Jennings
WR - Bernard Berrian
TE - a different scrub from week to week
K - see TE
DEF - Baltimore

with Maurice Jones Drew, Steve Slaton, Aaron Rodgers, Marshawn Lynch, and Chris Chambers coming off the bench

i was wondering if anyone was starting a Fantasy League for Blue Crack.

i haven't had my draft yet, but i'm proud to say that i was the smart one last year to draft Steve Slaton in the 14th round in my keeper league.

by the way UTDallas, how many teams are in your league? that's a monster draft. how the heck did you end up with Forte and Turner?

by the way UTDallas, how many teams are in your league? that's a monster draft. how the heck did you end up with Forte and Turner?

Ten teams in my league. Apparently none of the other guys trusted Forte and Turner. They all wanted more established backs. My picks went like this:

1st - Drew Brees
2nd - Marshawn Lynch
3rd - Andre Johnson
4th - Maurice Jones-Drew
5th - Greg Jennings
6th - Aaron Rodgers
7th - Michael Turner
8th - Matt Forte
9th - Chris Chambers
10th - Bernard Berrian
11th - Heath Miller
12 - ?
13 - ?
14 - ?
15th- Steve Slaton

I can't see who picks 12-14 were because they weren't on my final roster. I had the 5th overall pick and everyone laughed at me for taking Brees. He ended up being the highest scorer in our the entire league.

I had Turner on my team in 2007 and knew he would do big things in 2008. I was prepared to take him in the 3rd round but much to my delight (and surprise), he kept dropping. I got him in the 7th and he was the second highest scoring RB.

No one drafted the Ravens D and I picked them up after their week 1 performance. They went on to be the highest scoring defense in our fantasy league.

It may seem strange to use my 6th round pick on Aaron Rodgers, who sat on my bench the entire season, but he ended up being the 3rd highest scoring QB, and that pick prevented anyone else from getting him.

oh! :doh: i'm sorry, i was thinking that this was a draft your just held, lol!

yeah, i'm lucky enough to have Brees as one of my keepers. he's great. very consistent. you'll always get at least 250 yds and 2-3 per week out of him.

There always is more than enough interest. We usually have two leagues (although a lot of people - myself included - play both).

Zoney, I think you were the commish for the autodraft league, right? And Headache took the live draft league? I like that setup, if others are willing to do it again.

Forgot to add earlier: I recommend doing this on NFL.com this year. I had a league there last year and it was much, much better as far as the user interface, trade/add/drop system, and player news and stats were much easier to read. Not to mention the fact that it updates live without having to pay $30 per person. And it's a fast, easy sign up process too for those without an NFL.com account.

For your consideration, Mr Commissioner(s). :wink:

I think I was commish last year for one league - I will do it again.

It is still early folks. Headache is still on his summer on-court sabbatical (I think).

Either that or he's on a self imposed Interference exile until U2 dumps the Crazy Tonight remix from the setlist.

both?

i will set it up shortly

As I stated, NFL.com is my favourite - but I'll take ESPN as a second choice. Yahoo is pretty awful as far as stats go. Tradition be damned.

i actually prefer Yahoo over ESPN and NFL. maybe i'm just comfortable with it, but i've been commish in a league for 8 years, and i've never had any problems.

It's the having to pay $30 for live score updates - something you get for free everywhere else - that really annoys me about Yahoo. And the fact that no stats update before Tuesday morning.

ETA: And now I see Yahoo is offering free live scoring this year for the first time. Disregard everything I said, that was my only hangup with Yahoo, really. :up:

It's the having to pay $30 for live score updates - something you get for free everywhere else - that really annoys me about Yahoo. And the fact that no stats update before Tuesday morning.

ETA: And now I see Yahoo is offering free live scoring this year for the first time. Disregard everything I said, that was my only hangup with Yahoo, really. :up:

oh good! yeah, that was the only downfall for me too.

so do we know when this live draft will be?

YOOHOO2.jpg

I would suggest the first four days of September - that way preseason's done and we know the deal regarding injuries and what not, and that gives people a week to add/drop/trade to their heart's content before play starts.

Zoney, I know doing two leagues is a big deal. If you want me to do the live draft league and you can keep your usual autodraft league, I can do it. It's your call, big guy.

what kind of caps do we want to put on the number of people in the league.

As Interference Fantasy Sports Leagues go, I want to give first right of refusal to those who have been in the league in the past. Do we have a list?

I will PM those who have played in the past with the league and password and give a deadline to respond. If not filled to the agreed upon caps, I will open the leagues in this thread to others (this allows me to play favor to those interferencers I like and CLEARLY screw the ones I do not like...stupid newbies). :D

Thoughts?

If you need another person for an even number, I'll join again this year. I'm not around here much anymore, but the Interference league is the one I've been a part of for the last few years, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom