Euro 2012 thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sorry but that Poland-Greece game was terrible. What a shitty group.

Yeah but Russia - Czech is brilliant! They're coming back, it's 2-1 now. They're going in another gear, very fast paced after the first half!

A question about the Czech goalie on pay day...

Do you think Peter Cech checks his Czech cheque (or check) to be sure the amount is correct?

Great match. I'm impressed by how easily Russia scored.

The first day was a lot more exciting than expected. And tomorrow should be even better.

You could tell the Russian team has a lot of players from the same clubs, who play together a lot.
Much like the Spanish team.

I only saw bits and pieces of the two matches...what the hell happened to Poland (besides Szczczczczczczczczczczcny playing like a diseased chimp)? Looked like they were unstoppable down the right flank and that Greece had no answer for Lewandowski.

Poland have one of the best strikers at Euro, but they'd be disappointed that they couldn't beat Greece.

Russia got the job done convincingly as I suspected against the Czechs who are a s shadow of their former selves. Fuck, Russia are in good shape. Should go deep.

Next match The Netherlands plays I might put money on Van Persie jumping over the opponents goal. Seems more likely to happen than him scoring a goal ...

That wasn't any fun. Plenty of scoring opportunities, but when you don't score then there's nowhere else to go. It wasn't a really deserved win by Denmark, but they did make most of the opportunity they got.

:|

Well, Denmark deserved to win IMHO , becuase they actually SCORED the first time they where close to our goal.
They didn't get there that much, but they got the goal when they where.
Unlike my team that had infinite chances but missed them all.
Sad for them tough. They started so well and just lost it.

The Germany Portugal match was also quite bad though. Bit disappointed about that one.

^ Yeah, that one was pretty boring. Germany didn't deserve to win, they were lucky. On the other hand, Portugal missed too many great chances. Not a very good game.

We watched it on my dad's new tv set that my brother installed today. It has an extra large screen and everyone was just so excited about being able to watch the games on that new tele. However, during the Portugal-Germany game all of us fell asleep. The new tele didn't help. :lol:

Bad luck for Portugal. I hope they can win their next two matches.

Holland won't make it to the qf's.

Wasn't really bad luck for Portugal. When you play on the counter for 80 mins you deserve what you get.

Thinks look bleak for the Dutch, we prolly have the poorest defense in the entire competition so our forwards better start scoring. At least Sneijder was great ...

I thought Portugal and Germany both played very well on defense (Mats Hummels especially), not letting guys get free behind or around them. Germany converted on one of the relatively few chances they got, and Portugal didn't. Certainly not the most entertaining match, but it wasn't poor by any means.

5 days to Snow Patrol and 7 until I join the Green Army in Poznan

GPQRS.jpg

:heart:

God both matches were pretty damn awful. So many chances we got, and no goal. Danish got really lucky. I've lost faith in our chance to make it to the next round. :crack:

Mm for tonight, Go Italy, Go Ireland!

Hm, since our friendly win over Netherlands last year we kinda lost it a bit. Yesterday, as many said, both sides didn't show their best, so the lucky one won. Up until the goal I was pretty sure it would end a 0:0. Good thing we scored, this should give us a bit of an advantage.
The other match was interesting to watch. Quite devastating if you have such a great number of really good chances and miss every single time. The Dutch are now under a lot of pressure to score, but our defense has really stabilized, while theirs is famously weak. I wonder if Denmark can repeat what happened yesterday.

After the qualifications everyone kept saying Germany is, together with Spain, the favourite. Spain hasn't disappointed until now, but Germany, as I said, lost it a bit. Should be interesting if we can improve in the coming matches. We have to!

That was a great match, shame it ended in a tie. But Spain did come back nicely in the 2nd half.

:dance: Hope Ireland can manage to do good next match!

Spain vs. Italy, I was a bit bi-partisan here, maybe tending a little towards Spain, but it was a great game and both played fair, though the Spanish wasted a few really great chances and the Italians were mostly defensive and didn't get many chances to score. Still I think the 1 : 1 is a good result and well-deserved.

Ugh, France - England a tie. Such a shame.

And WTF is going on? Sweden was playing so much better, and now within minutes it's 2-1 for Ukrain! :crack: Wthhhh?

Back
Top Bottom