Euro 2012 thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sweden playing better!? They were awful except for the last ten minutes.

Shevchenko, a true hero now. And Zlatan is still genius.

Having seen all the teams play now,I think Russia have played the best football. And what has happened to Fernando torres?!

Have to adjust for quality of opponent though.

Also, Torres has been comically awful ever since he moved to Chelsea.

Sweden playing better!? They were awful except for the last ten minutes.

Shevchenko, a true hero now. And Zlatan is still genius.

Zlatan got beat on the second header though (although the Swedish defender who wandered off the near post should be shot). He was face-guarding Shevchenko and didn't see the corner come in.

Zlatan got beat on the second header though (although the Swedish defender who wandered off the near post should be shot). He was face-guarding Shevchenko and didn't see the corner come in.
I'm talking about his attacking qualities.

Greece behind by two points already.

I guess they find soccer just as hard as finances. Poor guys.

Not too many teams are going to beat Portugal in an open game, but props to Denmark for trying.

Netherlands are still alive, but need a pretty big W and some help from ze Chermans.

The Dutch played better, but the Germans scored. Sounds familiar.
Now beat the Portuguese!

Really? I thought germany played better than us.
Your defense was way more uptight and your attacks maybe a bit less, but that didn't keep you from making 2 pretty nice goals.

If you get through , I hope you Germans kill Spain for us.

That was a disgrace. Again. We're out of the cup. Ugh.

Now I really don't know who to root for. Every team I support loses, or in the case of France and Italy, ties. :(

Perhaps I should start supporting Spain. :mac:

Oh lol, I heard 9,5% on the radio.

Yeah, uhm, if Germany beats Denmark(likely) and we beat Portugal with at least 2 points difference... :lol: I doubt that will ever happen.

Irony would have it if we beat them by 1-0, finally they win a match and they still lose.

Bad enough that Ireland sucks and has to play Spain. Adding insult to injury...

untitled-69b8g0.gif

That was just ridiculous. He's pushing him with his hands down, what the heck ref? :doh:

God that was a sucker of a match. Poor Ireland got owned so hard.

Really? I thought germany played better than us.
Your defense was way more uptight and your attacks maybe a bit less, but that didn't keep you from making 2 pretty nice goals.

If you get through , I hope you Germans kill Spain for us.

Yes, the defense has gotten pretty solid, and we played better in this match than against Portugal, but all in all the Germans weren't necessarily better. Then again, that's always been the case. We are just efficient, and it's true, both goals were really nice.

The semi-finals are going to be the toughest match for Germany.

Its pretty obvious that the magic we had during the world cup, didn't stay with us the last 2 years.

I'm gonna root for Germany if we lose, practically neighbours anyway and far more polite then those damn french tourists. :fist:
Really GG wtf. Spain? I'd rather have a vulture stealing one of my kidneys.

Watching Spain v. Ireland was depressing. Ireland was the little kid surrounded by three bigger kids who wouldn't let him have the ball. Except the bigger kids are actually a bunch of midgets.

Back
Top Bottom