Espn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mikal said:
Yankees
Red Sox
Brett Favre
Kobe
Lebron
Brett Favre
Red Sox
Big Market Teams
Mark Sanchez
Tiger Woods
Tom Brady

RG3 and Manti Te'o deserve spots on this list.

Which isn't as outdated as it should be.

ESPN is losing people left and right.
I think it's hilarious. What a joke that network has become.

Did you guys hear FOX is going with an all-sports channel? Two of them actually.
Speed is becoming FOX Sports 1 and Fuel is becoming FOX Sports 2.

NBC and CBS have channels. Digital cable is going to very slowly erode at ESPN. It won't make a difference for a couple of years, but eventually it will force the WWL to improve editorially.

She was one of the reasons I tuned in to ESPN. Sure as Hell wasn't Steven A. Smith or Skip Bayless.

Why not?

Look what you're missing!

https://twitter.com/riotcolors/status/294831435678896128/photo/1

I wish I had been here to rage at zoney for this back in 2009... :lol:

I went to lunch yesterday and saw Ultimate Frisbee on the TV screen over the bar - it was an ESPN Network.

A new low?

It's funny, ultimate frisbee was a huge deal at my high school. Like if I talk long enough about how big a deal it was, a little googling and you'll be able to guess exactly where I went to high school, because there aren't exactly that many places where it's as big a deal. And probably fewer where it's not only a big deal, but a much bigger deal than football.

Where the hell is zoney anyway?

Sent from my SM-N900P using U2 Interference mobile app

Where the hell is zoney anyway?

Sent from my SM-N900P using U2 Interference mobile app

He'll be back in September.
He has relegated himself to once a week appearances to do the NFL pick'em during football season, other than that he's basically a no show.

Hell, I could make a top 20 but my brain is failing me right now.

Those not yet mentioned:

College football alone:
Joe Schad (for the NBA-inclined, imagine Windhorst with ten times less cred)
Mark May (a mountain of reasons, but mostly he doesn't know shit)
Jesse Palmer (nobody is higher on Jesse Palmer's opinion than Jesse Palmer)
Brent Musburger (if your team is a perennial favorite, I don't even have to explain)
Paul Finebaum (if we can count him, has an SEC Penis permanently up his ass)

"editorialist hacks"
Skip Bayless (if you need this explained, you are probably a dick too)
Stephen A Smith (to a lesser extent, more his mannerisms than anything)
Dan Le Batard (know-nothing)
Michael Smith (know-nothing #2, but even worse)
that chick with Michael Smith...can't even think of her name. (know-even less)

NFL:
Merrill Hoge
Tedy Bruschi
Ron Jaworski
(these three aren't atrocious...I just feel like they say absolutely nothing every time they speak, even Jaws' XandO breakdowns are patently obvious)

anchors in general:
Trey Wingo (aside from Berman, nobody on all of ESPN likes the sound of his own voice better than Wingo)
Neil Everett (he's not funny but evidently nobody has told him that)
Stuart Scott (lack of self-awareness much? I even saw him doing analysis. He's the biggest dork that believes he's the exact opposite. He's still doing 'catch phrases' like it was 1994 and not 2014)

Special category unto himself:
Chris Berman. I literally can't (and won't) stand to watch/listen to him. Thank God the NFL Network covers the draft too.

Honorable mention:
Dick Vitale (I don't hate him, he seems likable enough as a person, but my god he's a worthless analyst. If it's not related to a half-dozen programs (or even less), he knows next to nothing)

I'm sure I'm forgetting a good 10 more.

John Gruden. And I hate to even mention Skip Bayless because he doesn't deserve the afternoon.

Sent from my 831C using U2 Interference mobile app

U2Dm, the only two names on your list I disagree with are Neil Everett and Stu Scott. I actually still like Stu after all these years. I find him sincere in his cheesiness. And Everett seems to have good taste in some areas of pop culture.

The rest on your list, yeah. They blow.

EDIT: Actually, Jaworski still makes me laugh. I disagree with that one, too. Maybe I'm just looking at it a bit differently. Often I find I can tolerate the shitty TV sports personalities as long as they are unintentionally funny to me.

"AND THAT'S WHY THE EAGLES...CAN'T STOP THE RUN!"

I don't hate Stu, more than anything else, I just find him annoying...and mostly I was just perturbed that he was doing fucking NBA analysis. But that's not his fault, that's the fault of someone at ESPN asking him to do it. Just like I saw Rece Davis doing CFB analysis a few times.

As a rule of thumb, I FUCKING HATE when the anchors get involved in the analysis. I don't give a fuck what their opinion is. I barely give a fuck what the analysts are saying unless they're telling me something I don't know. I mean, it's very possible to tell me something I don't know about the NBA or basketball, but it's less likely in football, particularly college football. That said, I've about had it with glorified fans like Stu Scott or Skip Bayless that have this incredible platform to spout nonsense.

And I'll admit, Neil Everett is a personal grudge because of Sonics/Thunder. He spent a good...I don't know, maybe a year, not even calling them OKC or Thunder or whatever it was always "Not Sonics" or "Midwest". In what other line of television could someone get away with that? That said, still, I don't find him funny and I generally don't like the self-appointed comedians very much at all. Unless its Kenny Mayne...and he's not on the air much anymore.

Is Rick Reilly still on espn? I hate him too.

Also, you ask know Mark Sanchez is going to be an analyst on the four letter at some point.

Sent from my 831C using U2 Interference mobile app

I don't watch much Sports Center, so I can't really comment on the others, but I'll usually have First Take on in the morning. I have to say they're far superior to the snoozefest that is Mike and Mike. What a dog shit show that is. 2 milquetoast clowns with awful PC opinions on everything. As far as First Take, I switched over from Mike and Mike when I first got out to the west coast, and haven't turned on Mike and Mike since. That being said, Skip Bayless is a douche with an occasional good point. His constantly trying to be inoffensive is offensive. I used to dislike Steven A. Smith, but he has grown on me. I really enjoy him now.

Anyone watch Boomer and Carton or Mike Francesa?

"Hey, you guys on Myspace?" :wink:

Back
Top Bottom