Espn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's also pretty hard to argue with someone whose nickname was "The Galloping Ghost."

Fuck, that's cool.

It's also pretty hard to argue with someone whose nickname was "The Galloping Ghost."

Fuck, that's cool.

You're biased, though.

illini.jpg

That being said, he's completely inarguable.

Speaking of being biased...

How many games do you have to lose by ten points on a neutral field before ESPN shuts the fuck up about you and your BCS-egg-laying coach? Apparently more than two. Jesus, does OU ever suck.

What do we think of Greg Easterbrook? Apart from his pro-Nazi stance, that is? I am not speaking ironically, here, but seriously--I understand your possible aversion to the man's personal politics made public by his own choice (and I can't tell you adequately enough how much I agree with you), but I also can't deny that I just really, really, really tend to agree with most everything the man has to say about football. Most everything, mind; not everything.

Thoughts?

I'm a big fan of TMQ, so I've got no problem with the guy.

What do we think of Greg Easterbrook? Apart from his pro-Nazi stance, that is? I am not speaking ironically, here, but seriously--I understand your possible aversion to the man's personal politics made public by his own choice (and I can't tell you adequately enough how much I agree with you), but I also can't deny that I just really, really, really tend to agree with most everything the man has to say about football. Most everything, mind; not everything.

Thoughts?

I like him more than I dislike him. Sometimes he's too fixated on certain things and talks about them repeatedly, but overall he's an enjoyable read. He and I most definitely agree about coaches needing to be more aggressive on 4th and short, or punting from the other team's 40, etc.

Thoughts?

Because I'm a homer and the way he carried on about the Pats' videotaping escapade two years ago, I think he's a complete douchebrick.

Is it me or did the station really go down the tube when they were bought out by Disney?

Or more likely Stuart Scott.

which ever came first.

wow, what i just saw was too perfectly espn for words.

they're broadcasting a yankees game (there's a shock) and the in-game sportscentre update brings stories about mark sanchez and brett favre.

that's just too perfect. i could only laugh.

Just read that espnboston will be debuting in the next few weeks and they hired Mike Reiss away from the Globe. Ugh. Why must espn insist on encroaching on the local markets?

I just find it frustrating that the world wide leader isn't comfortable enough being just that. Are they trying to completely monopolize sports coverage everywhere? A little diversity isn't such a bad thing. God, I sound like a crotchety old man.

I just find it frustrating that the world wide leader isn't comfortable enough being just that. Are they trying to completely monopolize sports coverage everywhere? A little diversity isn't such a bad thing. God, I sound like a crotchety old man.

They're a business unit, dude. They're not interested in diversity, or what you're comfortable with. They have deep pockets, and they're going to spend to make even more. Believe me, I wish it were not so but it is. You don't just sit on your revenue streams and settle for that when you identify other areas where you can generate more income, not when you're a gigantic corporate entity. Sadly.

Just read that espnboston will be debuting in the next few weeks and they hired Mike Reiss away from the Globe. Ugh. Why must espn insist on encroaching on the local markets?

Isn't the Globe having serious financial problems? Seems like it'd just have been a matter of time before a writer of Reiss's caliber would have left.

it's a good career move for Reiss. newspapers are dying a horrible death.

"A schmuck like me as an anchor? Someone call James Cameron because the ship is sinking!"

"I haven't seen an anchor look this bad since I injected Popeye with steroids!"

"How'd I do as a Sportscenter anchor? Let's just say they should have put me in the Cohn of silence! If I had a bunch of Nichols for each time I screwed up, I'd be able to fund the purse for the Mayne event of the next big UFC fight!"

"Like most well-fashioned anchors, I struggled to stay afloat!"

Rick Reilly is certainly punny.

Puns are little plays on words that a certain breed of person loves to spring on you and then look at you in a certain self-satisfied way to indicate that he thinks that you must think that he is by far the cleverest person on Earth now that Benjamin Franklin is dead, when in fact what you are thinking is that if this person ever ends up in a lifeboat, the other passengers will hurl him overboard by the end of the first day even if they have plenty of food and water.
—Dave Barry

Back
Top Bottom