Does anyone believe this crap??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i-want-to-believe.jpg

I think Marion Jones ruined it for a lot of people.

true. a girl at work said she was so used to hearing the doping stories after success that she was highly wary of phelps until she saw a bio about his body being so appropriate for swimming. it's amazing that we're so jaded and yet still watch and hope we're not being duped.

I believe it for sure. It annoys me that these people always almost immediately cop a "well, he's obviously on steriods" tag. What, if like Phelps, he's just that good?

but remember... soccer players don't take roids. only athletes where previous athletes in that sport have been caught cheating take roids. all of 'em. even the guy who tripped over the starting blocks.

Well, I am not particularly a soccer fan, but the frequency of drug cheating in that sport SEEMS a lot less than in athletics.

I admit I am cynical, but if you look at the number of Olympians lauded in their day and subsequently exposed as cheats, is not cynicism valid?

I hope this guy is for real, I honestly do.

Well, I am not particularly a soccer fan, but the frequency of drug cheating in that sport SEEMS a lot less than in athletics.

I admit I am cynical, but if you look at the number of Olympians lauded in their day and subsequently exposed as cheats, is not cynicism valid?

I hope this guy is for real, I honestly do.

there's cheating going on in every sport... some sports catch more than others because some sports go after them more than others.

i suppose cynicism is valid... but i just hope that eventually the cynicism goes away. when you get to the point where you can't see an amazing athletic accomplishment and not be cynical about it, well, then there's really no place left to go.

and also... if major league baseball's steroid investigations have taught us anything, it's that more often than not it's the mediocre guy who's trying to hang on who turns to illegal enhancements.

I just find in disconcerting that as soon as an athlete does something awesome, a la Bolt, he's immediately a target. Okay, so if later down the track it is found he was a drug cheat, then sure, jump down his neck. But maybe he is just that good.

And how come Phelps has never copped this?

Back
Top Bottom