Delhi Commonwealth Games 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ :tsk: . . . names . . . pfft . . . nipple woman is an outstanding moniker :wink: :lol:

< don't quote me but I think it's Emilie Heymans . . . tried to find her stinky back flop on you tube for you but my investigative skillz fail dismally prior to coffee number 3 :D

Wasn't nipple woman Pamela Ware? We were most amused by that.

And I've often been following PR's approach of watching with the volume very low or muted. The netball, for instance, immediately got better when I hit the mute button. (Not sure what I was doing watching the netball, but that England vs Australia game the other day was actually more entertaining than I really give netball credit for being.)

that's a cup of hot fat with a hair in it :lol:

me too. such a shame they're not on JJJ anymore.

ah the good ole days of radio :p . . . but yes, life is infinitely poorer without a regular dose of giggles from that team . . . and I just rewatched that video again for shits and giggles . . . thigh slappingly funny . . . *closing the door* :giggle:

Wasn't nipple woman Pamela Ware? We were most amused by that.

And I've often been following PR's approach of watching with the volume very low or muted. The netball, for instance, immediately got better when I hit the mute button. (Not sure what I was doing watching the netball, but that England vs Australia game the other day was actually more entertaining than I really give netball credit for being.)

You may well be correct :) - the technicalities of sporting events has never been my strong point (unless of course there is futbol involved and then my track record improves markedly :wink: ) and besides the Queen soundtrack that was bouncing off the walls and the size of said nipples was a trifle distracting :lol: . . . currently watching Aus v NZ netball game to the dulcet, and alarmingly soothing, tones of the vacuum cleaner :cute: :laugh: :up:

EDIT - vaccuum cleaner quiet now and it's interesting listening to the commentary with Australia on the back foot - as unpatriotic as this may seem I am quietly pleased that this game is not a whitewash - good ole competition is a fabbity thing . . . :up:

Holy shit, we won another gold medal. I didn't know we were allowed any.

And that's about it. Phew. Thankfully we're back to normal programming.

Given the quality of programming on Channel 10, I'm not sure that's a good thing.

ah the good ole days of radio :p . . . but yes, life is infinitely poorer without a regular dose of giggles from that team . . . and I just rewatched that video again for shits and giggles . . . thigh slappingly funny . . . *closing the door* :giggle:
:up: i have The Dream on DVD... i've watched it start to finish about three or four times. hugely entertaining.
Holy shit, we won another gold medal. I didn't know we were allowed any.
you need them, having just lost to Bangladesh in the cricket and all.
Given the quality of programming on Channel 10, I'm not sure that's a good thing.
Simpsons repeats > Comm games
Liz Ellis

*shudders*

Well, that was a weak Commonwealth Games for New Zealand. We finished 11th on the medal table, which is our equal lowest ever (we also came 11th in 1970, with just 2 gold medals to our name). However, we did win 36 medals total, which is better than 31 last time - but a bit poor compared to 45 medals (11 gold) in 2002.

Funnily enough, Australia's haul of just 177 medals is less than the last three Games, at which they cracked 200 every time. Their 74 golds is less than the last four Games, at which they got over 80 each time. But if this is "not as dominant as usual" ... well, sweet jesus, no wonder so many people reckon the Games are a waste of time.

you need them, having just lost to Bangladesh in the cricket and all.

Yeah, but you lost to them years before we did. :tongue:

Tim Lane: "The Simpsons, it's a great show. But the might and the power and the strength of the Australian Neighbours is just truly inspirational. And that spirit has triumphed over the ability of The Simpsons."

Luke Darcy: "Yeah, well said Tim."

Liz Ellis: "How shit is The Simpsons, really!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom