Delhi Commonwealth Games 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's time the Commonwealth Games got the flick. i have never been less interested for a sporting event, nationally, let alone internationally.

i'd rather watch our under 11s at the cricket club bowl 10 no balls an over than this.

I really didn't think I'd be this underwhelmed by the tournament.

It's completely unnecessary, and I think a lot more people will realise that once this is said and done. The only way you can call Delhi a success is that none of the stadiums have fallen over yet.

At this point, Australia has won more golds than I knew the Commonwealth Games had in total.

I feel sorry for the commentators who get excited for every gold medal won.

I don't know how they do it.

I suppose they just employ goldfish, so that every Aussie gold medal feels like the first of the tournament. I've watched precious little of the Games not just because of the Australian gold rush, but because of how painful Channel 10's coverage is (or, for that matter, seemingly any commercial sporting coverage in Australia nowadays - it wasn't always this bad!).

I don't know how they do it.

I suppose they just employ goldfish, so that every Aussie gold medal feels like the first of the tournament. I've watched precious little of the Games not just because of the Australian gold rush, but because of how painful Channel 10's coverage is (or, for that matter, seemingly any commercial sporting coverage in Australia nowadays - it wasn't always this bad!).

i found out today that Bathurst was gradually delayed... the race finished at 453 but we saw it 'til 520. i was wondering what was going on since i usually switch over as soon as the race is finished to Suzuka. turns out they were pausing the race for ad breaks.

I thought something was off with that! I mean, we've seen races with plenty of pace car incidents run that late, but in such an uneventful race, I definitely expected it to end earlier. Well, now it's all clear. Can't say I'm tremendously shocked.

By the way, fun fact: last time Australia wasn't top of the medal table at the Commonwealth Games was 1986.

Man, that rugby sevens final was actually pretty exciting. About time something happened at the Games that actually had me on the edge of my seat.

New Zealand's never lost a rugby sevens match at the Commonwealth Games. Nice record there.

disagree, if it wasn't for britain we wouldn't be able to call you guys convicts.

Yeah, but I'm immune to this because I'm not actually Australian and I live in Adelaide - which wasn't a convict city. :tongue:

:wink:

disagree, if it wasn't for britain we wouldn't be able to call you guys convicts.

:madwife:

Man, that rugby sevens final was actually pretty exciting. About time something happened at the Games that actually had me on the edge of my seat.

New Zealand's never lost a rugby sevens match at the Commonwealth Games. Nice record there.

:bow: . . . am however, quietly pleased that the Aussie chicks came up trumps in the hockey there . . . that was one helluva game . . . and funnily enough, I was more excited by the fact that there was something that was actually entertaining to watch for what felt like the first time these games, than the actual outcome :shrug: :up:

Yeah, but I'm immune to this because I'm not actually Australian and I live in Adelaide - which wasn't a convict city. :tongue:

:wink:

:cute:

south australians rock :D :sexywink:

How fucking painful was that woman commentator during the hockey tonight! The bias of the Australian commentators has been unbelieveable, but this was a new low.

During the rugby sevens final, they took a foreign commentary feed, and you wouldn't have known the commentators' allegiances (they were, for the record, New Zealanders, but that's beside the point). Meanwhile, with Channel 10's hacks-posing-as-commentators? When regular time in the hockey ended in a draw, the Aussie woman's just mumbling "this isn't fair" in a tone as if she was about to cry. Embarrassing.

There's a reason why, during the Tri-Nations, I watch New Zealand or South African broadcasts whenever possible.

^ watching channel 10 by chance? we have been watching the games with the sound on so low it is barely audible cuz the coverage has been so freaking abominable . . . so happily I was clueless to the bias :) . . . you have to admit that the second half was an absolute cracker though :yes:

EDIT - yes you are watching 10 and the commentators / 'reporters' should all be shot and made to watch endless repeats of A Current Affair or Today Tonight as punishment for their ordinariness

When regular time in the hockey ended in a draw, the Aussie woman's just mumbling "this isn't fair" in a tone as if she was about to cry. Embarrassing.

It'd be bad enough regardless of the situation, but when Australia has already won a billion gold medals, it's just flat out whinging.

Spare a moment for Tuvalu, Aussie commentators.

It'd be bad enough regardless of the situation, but when Australia has already won a billion gold medals, it's just flat out whinging.

Spare a moment for Tuvalu, Aussie commentators.

but see I thought the Aussie national past time was whinging . . . mayhaps she was confusulated and thought that was a commonwealth gold medal in the offing too?

diving just got a little fun . . . husband quite distracted by the canadian he has christened 'nipple woman' :lol: . . . her last dive was quite the stinker :yikes: . . . landed on her back . . . big fat OUCH!

once again though am immune to commenatry . . . have some Queen on instead . . . way more fun :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom