Cricket Thread 303*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fair comeback from Ireland - they're 7/319 in their second innings after following on, 139 runs ahead at stumps on day four with Kevin O'Brien 118 not out.

Kevin O'Brien take a fucking bow. So appropriate that the man who took Ireland to the famous ODI victory over England in 2011 scores their first Test century. Makes me so damn happy.

And to think that Ireland are now in with a very real chance of drawing their maiden Test!

Never in my life have I hoped for Pakistan to pull a full-on Pakistan more than I do right now. :lol:

And hey, where's youarenotimmune? Would love their take.

Fucking shattered they couldn't pull it off after that early collapse!

But wow, what a first Test. Ireland have shown they belong.

De Villiers quitting internationals
Shame as next World Cup only a year away.

Great player. Very entertaining to watch

He’s only 34. Wonder if he’ll cash in on T20 leagues now

...........Amelia Kerr just hit the highest ODI score by a woman ever, 232 off 145 vs Ireland, with 31 fours and two sixes. Not just that but its the third highest of all time, behind Rohit Sharma and another Kiwi, Guptill. edit, she's also 17.

Future Tours Programme through 2023 is out: file:///Users/danielpaproth/Downloads/ICC_Tours.pdf

For the three countries we care about:

AFGHANISTAN
1 Test vs IRE home
1 Test vs ZIM away
1 Test vs BAN away
1 Test vs WI home

1 Test vs IRE home
1 Test vs AUS away

1 Test vs IRE home
2 Tests vs ZIM away
1 Test vs ZIM home

2022-23
1 Test vs IRE away
1 Test vs AUS home

AUSTRALIA
2018/19
2 Tests vs PAK away
4 Tests vs IND home
2 Tests vs SL home
5 Tests vs ENG away

2019/20
2 Tests vs PAK home
3 Tests vs NZ home
2 Tests vs BAN away

2020/21
1 Test vs AFG home
4 Tests vs IND home
3 Tests vs SA away

2021-22-23
5 Tests vs ENG home
2 Tests vs PAK away
2 Tests vs SL away
1 Test vs AFG away
4 Tests vs IND away
2 Tests vs WI home
3 Tests vs SA home

IRELAND
1 Test vs AFG away
1 Test vs ENG away

1 Test vs SL away
1 Test vs AFG away
1 Test vs WI away
1 Test vs BAN home

1 Test vs AFG away
1 Test vs ZIM home

2022-23
1 Test vs ZIM away
1 Test vs NZ home
1 Test vs AFG home
1 Test vs BAN away

I'm taking all the credit for them finally getting around to organise a NZ boxing day test in Melbs

I'm taking all the credit for them finally getting around to organise a NZ boxing day test in Melbs

Not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand it'll be awesome. On the other, I wish New Zealand returning to having Tests on Boxing Day was at a home ground (whoever the opposition).

Not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand it'll be awesome. On the other, I wish New Zealand returning to having Tests on Boxing Day was at a home ground (whoever the opposition).
Yeah it's only fair Australia return the favour to New Zealand and South Africa at some point.

And from South African and until recently New Zealand culture too. I don't expect the three to ever play each other on the day; all should play Northern Hemisphere teams.

7's comm team so far:

Ricky Ponting
Damien Fleming
Michael Slater
Glenn McGrath
Alison Mitchell
Mel McLaughlin
James Brayshaw
Lisa Sthalekar
Tim Lane
Abbey Gelmi
Greg Blewett
Simon Katich
Jason Gillespie
Brad Hodge
Bruce McAvaney (interviews only)

A few names I will dearly miss, most notably Ian Chappell, Mark Nicholas and Mark Taylor, but looks good so far and finally some women have been hired.

Some decent ones coming across from Ten there, and I'm impressed they've figured out that women exist and know a few things about the game. Pity Slats will still be there, especially with Chappell and Nicholas gone, the only two who were worth listening to by the end of it on Nine.

Thought Warnie (shudder) was getting a gig too?

Fucking stoked no Healy or Clarke.

And haha of course Bruce is involved. Love him.

Yeah pretty devastating to see Michael Slater on the list, he's fucking abominable. Slightly disagree on Healy & Clarke... the former is a really good, hard-nosed analyst when he's actually calling the game and not indulging in "banter" and I've really enjoyed Clarke's insights into match tactics, I think he brings a detailed eye few others have, though his style can be a bit grating.

There's more to be announced so I suspect Warnie will get a gig and a few others, and I am desperately hoping that they will actually hire non-Australian commentators depending on who we're playing, but I don't hold out too much hope. Get Sunil Gavaskar, Rahul Dravid and Harsha Bhogle for this summer, for example.

Nah, besides Warnie, Heals was probably my least favourite. His observations are inane and his banter nauseating. He and Slats are peas in a pod.

You'd think a commentator or two drawn from the touring team will be a tradition that will continue. Bumble Lloyd was always a favourite of mine just for his accent alone.

I see they didn't manage to lure Kerry O'Keeffe out of retirement.

Slater used to be good when he commentated exclusively for the English network - then Nine ruined him, like Nine pretty much does with everything.

Tim Lane is great. Mel McLaughlin is fantastic (better than the Hamish moron of similar name on the same channel), how I wish she was still exclusive to the round ball game.

Back
Top Bottom