Cricket Thread 303*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ian's got a point. It just proves the stupidity of the average Australian cricketer.

It's a shame how much of a non-event summer ODI series in Australia have become now.

BBL grand final for Australia Day. If we don't change the date we can at least give it a good event everyone can enjoy.

Pakistan aren't totally out of it, except for the part where we know they're going to blow it anyway.

Well looks like I'm not missing much being out and missing the BBL final. At least Sydney have got thumped. Always a good outcome.

I think it's fair to say that NZ are an embarrassment of world cricket ...

Stoinis with a hundred? What the fuck. How do you drop this from 6 for 67?

EDIT: Hazlewood run out having faced 0 balls. Ridiculous. :eek:

Last edited:
A number seven who's played four games guided the tail through 220 runs and fell seven runs short of winning the game, against a nearly-full strength NZ attack. Not your most impressive victory.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

A number seven who's played four games guided the tail through 220 runs and fell seven runs short of winning the game, against a nearly-full strength NZ attack. Not your most impressive victory.

And the more experienced members on your team fell to pieces. Not impressive for Australia either.

Also, love how Australia still can't win at the postage stamp.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

And Stoinis only has an average of under 30 in List A matches. Australia should have been bowled out for under 200 comfortably, especially after being down 6 for 67.

We had trouble dismissing one player. The rest of the Aussie team collapsed like a house of cards. Stoinis was impressive and his teammates ought to be embarrassed.

We had trouble dismissing one player. The rest of the Aussie team collapsed like a house of cards. Stoinis was impressive and his teammates ought to be embarrassed.

Also rich given we got the winning total from fucking Jimmy Neesham, Neil Broom and Trent Boult.

One guy had the game of his life (and truly, it was a performance that deserved a win, as now it'll go by the wayside) and we're pathetic?

The bowlers were poor towards the end but I wouldn't question the tactics New Zealand employed at all. Before the first ball I was walking around the concourse and everyone I had a chat to agreed that you'd do well to defend 300, and I think even Australia thought that when they won the toss.

Stoinis played an innings he never should have had to play in the first place is the more realistic headline.

Back
Top Bottom