College Football 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But the bowl system is silly and is just about sponsorship money when you really get down to it. They're glorified participation trophies.

Probably not, I mean, there is SO much money tied up in all of this, too, for the universities. It's how they fund these monster football teams in the first place. But you COULD fix the problem, if you sat down and looked it. There's a way to get the money back to the schools, and maybe in slightly fairer shares. Again, BBall and the other Football conferences have found a way to make it happen.

If you started a 16 team playoff in the 3rd week of December, you'd have:

Week 1: December 19th
Week 2: December 26th
Week 3: January 2nd
Week 4: January 9th.

This is absolutely not cutting into the semester, NOR is effecting the system ALREADY in place for the bowl series/championship. You're just making teams have a little less time off.

And my counter for that, as previously mentioned: Nix one week of the season, make each conference required to have a championship game as week 12. So some teams will still be playing the same amount of games they already were, but everyone will be equal.

Probably not, I mean, there is SO much money tied up in all of this, too, for the universities. It's how they fund these monster football teams in the first place. But you COULD fix the problem, if you sat down and looked it. There's a way to get the money back to the schools, and maybe in slightly fairer shares. Again, BBall and the other Football conferences have found a way to make it happen.

If you started a 16 team playoff in the 3rd week of December, you'd have:

Week 1: December 19th
Week 2: December 26th
Week 3: January 2nd
Week 4: January 9th.

This is absolutely not cutting into the semester, NOR is effecting the system ALREADY in place for the bowl series/championship. You're just making teams have a little less time off.

And my counter for that, as previously mentioned: Nix one week of the season, make each conference required to have a championship game as week 12. So some teams will still be playing the same amount of games they already were, but everyone will be equal.

I think that's doable. You split the money amongst the conferences, and that should make up for losing bowl games for some schools.

I still say that they'd need to lose a week of the regular season.

Didn't you draw up a flow diagram? Or was that Beav...

Also, March Madness usually happens around midterms, no?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

March Madness actually happens during finals for schools on the quarter system. So, yeah the NCAA really doesn't care about the "student" part of Student Athlete.

19th would be right at the end of finals week. Definitely out. Can't start that early.

For what schools? Certainly not all of them. And seriously, why is this suddenly an issue, when it's not an issue for all of the teams that participate in the early December bowls?

This year has:

Camellia December 19 Montgomery, AL MAC vs. Sun Belt

Celebration December 19 Atlanta, GA MEAC vs. SWAC

Cure December 19 Orlando, FL American vs. Sun Belt

Las Vegas December 19 Las Vegas, NV Mountain West/BYU vs. Pac-12

New Mexico December 19 Albequerque, NM C-USA vs. Mountain West

New Orleans December 19 New Orleans, LA Sun Belt vs. C-USA

Are those 12 schools somehow less important academically?

Vanderbilt literally completed just 2 passes today for about 20 yards and still nearly beat Florida on their home field. Watching that game today was like time traveling back and watching Big Ten football in the 80's. #painful

Okie State up 42-23 on TCU in 4th quarter. C'mon finish em off Cowboys!
They don't play any defense in the big 12, so TCU can still win this.

Last edited:
Thank God I never have to hear Boykin's name in the same sentence as Heisman again.

Welp. This was the one I expected the loss to come from. I obviously didn't expect them to go undefeated this year with the defense we've had. I'll be happy if they can win out and manage a top ten finish, because it means we beat Baylor, and I can live with that. Pressure's off for the top four, which is also fine. I'll go ahead and throw my support behind OSU to go all the way now, but I don't think they'll beat OU.

Having a lot of fun with college football today, otherwise, though.

Bob Saget posts twice about TCU and none about his own team :lol: I don't even know why he cares.

Sags already declared Michigan unworthy of appearing in a playoff. No wonder he's more interested in other teams.

Bob Saget posts twice about TCU and none about his own team :lol: I don't even know why he cares.

I care because I'm very happy TCU lost. Am I only allowed to post about Michigan?
And I'm not some bandwagon fan. We've lost 2 games, unless utter mayhem were to occur, we have no chance at a playoff spot. Do I still watch the games? Yes. Probably 2-3 times, but I'm also realistic in expectations.

Last edited:
I care because I'm very happy TCU lost.

Why? Serious question. I mean, I know why you're talking about TCU, but I'm curious to know the origin of your disdain, as a Michigan fan, for a relatively obscure Texas school that's had about a decade of sustained success.

Last edited:
Why? Serious question. I mean, I know why you're talking about TCU, but I'm curious to know the origin of your disdain, as a Michigan fan, for a relatively obscure Texas school that's had about a decade of sustained success.

I don't actually hate TCU, in fact I very nearly went to school there and I've been to a few games. However, all of my buddies who are TCU fans or currently go to TCU have not let what happened on October 17 go. I've been tortured to no end. Hence, my hatred for the Rangers as well. So I'm just in a very anti-TCU mode at the moment.
Yes, I'm being a childish sore loser, but you don't know how miserable these last few years have been. They have killed my spirits and crushed my soul. The heartbreaks have been too much for any fan to handle.

I don't actually hate TCU, in fact I very nearly went to school there and I've been to a few games. However, all of my buddies who are TCU fans or currently go to TCU have not let what happened on October 17 go. I've been tortured to no end. Hence, my hatred for the Rangers as well. So I'm just in a very anti-TCU mode at the moment.
Yes, I'm being a childish sore loser, but you don't know how miserable these last few years have been. They have killed my spirits and crushed my soul. The heartbreaks have been too much for any fan to handle.

:up: Thanks for responding.

Can we all agree that another year with tOSU and Alabama at the top will be fucking awful? Because we're one step closer to that after tonight's games.

NEBRASKA HECK YEAH. HOLY CRAP. Michigan is back in the race for the Big Ten championship if they win the next 2 games. Penn State on the road will be a tough game as always, can't overlook that one and Harbaugh certainly won't. That atmosphere will be nuts. However, if UM wins the next 2 and...
If OSU beats MSU....
Then UM beats OSU....
Michigan is in the B1G Championship.
Our chances were at around 10% before the MSU game, right now I'd peg our chances around 30%.

:up: Thanks for responding.

Can we all agree that another year with tOSU and Alabama at the top will be fucking awful? Because we're one step closer to that after tonight's games.

Yes agreed 100%. I hate OSU with an intense passion, "The Game" is going to be bigger than ever this year. Huge stakes on the line, especially if OSU beats MSU. Everything about OSU sickens me.

Last edited:
I know I'm the only Hokie here, but...

Has anybody else been following the rumor mill on Beamer's replacement? The latest is it could be Morris from SMU...with Foster possibly going to UGA. He once said that he didn't ever want to work with another head coach at VT. I love Beamer, but agree that it's the right time for him to retire. But losing Bud would be a kick in the nuts...not that I know what that's like, but I've heard it's awful.

Unconfirmed rumors, of course. :)

I know I'm the only Hokie here, but...

Has anybody else been following the rumor mill on Beamer's replacement? The latest is it could be Morris from SMU...with Foster possibly going to UGA. He once said that he didn't ever want to work with another head coach at VT. I love Beamer, but agree that it's the right time for him to retire. But losing Bud would be a kick in the nuts...not that I know what that's like, but I've heard it's awful.

Unconfirmed rumors, of course. :)

Rich Rod

Back
Top Bottom