College Football 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I fought for (and won) the firing and prosecuting of all involved. What in the hell else do you want from me?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I don't want anything else from you, personally. I just wish they had suspended the program for a couple seasons. I know you don't agree. I understand why you don't. But from an outsider's view, it really does feel like that University as a whole was too obsessed with football to acknowledge a problem they were aware of. Not everyone was fired. It's just not possible that higher ups didn't know. I know factual evidence says everyone was fired. But common sense suggests too me that on a whole athletics, University operations, etc, allowed something to go on on the grounds and turned a blind eye. I know the players on the team did nothing wrong, but, man...That's just a tough break for them. A more suitable punishment is what the children deserved. The university (not the students, the people in charge of the university) should have been punished with no football. For a time.

Anyways, we've been through this over and over again. I don't cheer every time they lose, but I'm still not ready to see that program be great again.

I fought for (and won) the firing and prosecuting of all involved. What in the hell else do you want from me?

I don't want a god damn thing from you. I don't have a single fucking issue with you.

My apologies if I still have a large issue that the football program at that school wasn't given the death penalty that they deserved, and then had the soft penalties that they were given rescinded early because the NCAA is a fucking joke and wanted to make more money.

You seem to think that my hatred for that program is personal. I could give two shits that you went there. You have nothing to do with my opinion on that program.

I went out a couple years ago and bought a brand new Roethlisberger jersey. Here I am in the middle of the mall a few days later and I see the TV in the food court with breaking news about him raping that girl. Boy, that was a proud moment in my life.
Still wear it, though.
True story.

Oh yeah. Forgot to mention, I was wearing the jersey at the time. (Thought I said that, but didn't) I started getting all sorts of weird looks. At that point I should've just waltzed into Victoria's Secret.

On principle, I have no issue whatsoever with Penn State football fans. I believe many of them were disgusted by what happened and have no reason to be treated like scum for something they weren't aware of and had no control over.

If I speak to them and they're being defensive about their school covering for rape, like it's somehow absurd for me to have an issue with something like that, then I know they're dipshits and to categorize them as such. Peef isn't one of those people.

Crazy game. How many freaking games has BYU won on the last play? Gotta be a lot. Hopefully none of the injuries end up being serious, virtually all of their best players on defense went out!

Yeah that was a pretty awesome ending.

Its sounding like Taysom Hill may be done for the year though with a lisfranc injury. Damn.

Luckily the backup Mangum looks pretty good. He was highly recruited and the co-MVP of the Elite 11 with Jameis Winston several years ago.

On principle, I have no issue whatsoever with Penn State football fans. I believe many of them were disgusted by what happened and have no reason to be treated like scum for something they weren't aware of and had no control over.

If I speak to them and they're being defensive about their school covering for rape, like it's somehow absurd for me to have an issue with something like that, then I know they're dipshits and to categorize them as such. Peef isn't one of those people.

Let's be perfectly fucking clear.

I didn't say fuck peef. I said fuck Penn State.

HE responded and made it personal. I could give a shit where he went to school.

What peef and headache can do is sit in a room together and analyze game tape of the Illinois Fighting Illini and their 52 to 3 drubbing of the Kent State Golden Flashes in yesterday's season opener.

What peef and headache can do is sit in a room together and analyze game tape of the Illinois Fighting Illini and their 52 to 3 drubbing of the Kent State Golden Flashes in yesterday's season opener.

I would go as far as saying Kent State got assaulted yesterday.

Too soon?

Sent from my SM-G928P using U2 Interference mobile app

Kent State sucks, but it was impressive considering that their coach got fired last week.

I don't want anything else from you, personally. I just wish they had suspended the program for a couple seasons. I know you don't agree. I understand why you don't. But from an outsider's view, it really does feel like that University as a whole was too obsessed with football to acknowledge a problem they were aware of. Not everyone was fired. It's just not possible that higher ups didn't know. I know factual evidence says everyone was fired. But common sense suggests too me that on a whole athletics, University operations, etc, allowed something to go on on the grounds and turned a blind eye. I know the players on the team did nothing wrong, but, man...That's just a tough break for them. A more suitable punishment is what the children deserved. The university (not the students, the people in charge of the university) should have been punished with no football. For a time.

Anyways, we've been through this over and over again. I don't cheer every time they lose, but I'm still not ready to see that program be great again.

I wish I hadn't let my emotions on the subject get the better of me and stated how I feel as well as you did here.

Ahhhhh, College Football. Loved watching 14 hours of coverage. My Trojans were as expected, though I hope the offensive line gets better. Defense should be much improved. It helps that USC now has enough scholarship players to allow for substitutions. They were switching out the defensive line like a hockey shift change. Will be at the at the coliseum Saturday for game 2.

That BYU/Nebraska game was fantastic! I'm disappointed Stanford, ASU and Wazzu. Though I suspect DRay was fine with the result of the TAMU/ASU game.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

BYU...

holy shit.

I mean, really.

Two weeks in a row? I mean, not exactly the same...still 45 seconds left.

Yeah its been an amazing two weeks!

Don't worry the miracle ends next week at UCLA.

I'm pretty sure you're right. UCLA looks tough and despite the heroics again tonight, Mangum's still a true freshman that made a lot of mistakes, and will again next week...

but for one more week...Go Cougs!

Oregon/Michigan St was pretty sloppy, but I'd say it delivered. Only set the DVR for 3 1/2 hours though, which wasn't enough. Missed the last 2:35 or so, which didn't see any changes to the score.

Connor Cook was OK. Oregon's replacement for Mariota was less than OK.

Connor Cook was OK. Oregon's replacement for Mariota was less than OK.

I was in physical pain watching Adams, he really blew it in that game. Especially on the last drive. I think Phil Knight needs to pay for plastic surgery for Mariota and bring him back to play for us.

Back
Top Bottom