College Football 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
It begins.

Your completely arbitrary standings to begin the season:

2vlv6mx.png

So nervous, yet so insanely hyped about the Michigan game tonight. It's weird playing on a Thursday, though. I think the only other Thursday game they played was vs. Minnesota in 2003 when they came back and won after being down 35-7 in the 4th Quarter. So maybe it's good luck.
Anyways, it'll be a tough one; Utah is a good, fundamental team. But luckily we don't have Devin Gardner on this squad. We outplayed them last year and lost by 2 TD's, so I really don't know what to expect heading into that tough environment.

I'm just ready for some motherf**king college football!!!
Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

So nervous, yet so insanely hyped about the Michigan game tonight. It's weird playing on a Thursday, though. I think the only other Thursday game they played was vs. Minnesota in 2003 when they came back and won after being down 35-7 in the 4th Quarter. So maybe it's good luck.
Anyways, it'll be a tough one; Utah is a good, fundamental team. But luckily we don't have Devin Gardner on this squad. We outplayed them last year and lost by 2 TD's, so I really don't know what to expect heading into that tough environment.

I'm just ready for some motherf**king college football!!!

a Utah win would be a big upset, that school has no money

read a good article the other day that made a good case for TCU to be rated no. 1

I'm trying not to think too much about rankings right now and just watch how the season plays out, but obviously I'm hoping this shakes out in our favor better this season...

Go VT

:doh:

I was thinking Michigan State

edit to add

the Utah Utes have 5 top 25 teams in their schedule
Ohio has 1
TCU has 2

Last edited:
and Alabama has 7 top 25 teams in their schedule

if Ohio and TCU go undefeated and Alabama has a loss and the team that beat them has more losses. I can easily see an argument for Alabama playing in the playoffs ahead of them

of course it is a longs ways between now and the end of the season. This may take care of itself. Or we could have a real controversy.

Last edited:
the Utah Utes have 5 top 25 teams in their schedule
Ohio has 1
TCU has 2

Today.

When last season started, TCU had 6 scheduled games against ranked opponents. Ended up being 5. Don't count any XII team out of being ranked again by the time we face them.

Which is why I said at the beginning: This poll is meaningless.

yes this top 25 will change a lot over the season
I will say the playoffs are a huge improvement, I can see how a team that just misses can feel cheated
it's too bad this is not as clear as MLB or the NFL or even college basketball

BYU has a pretty great September schedule

Nebraska
Boise State
UCLA
Michigan

I'll be happy if they can go 2-2

Hoping that we do well without Mariota...I'm excited to see how good Vernon Adams is

if I lived in Utah I'd be a Utes fan before a Cougar fan.

I'm sure most on here would agree with you. There has definitely been a shift in the fanbase size in Utah recent years...pretty much since Urban Meyer was there.

I grew up going to Cougs games with my dad, watched Ty Detmer win the Heisman, knock off #1 Miami, etc, so I've stuck with the Cougs.

Fair enough
I have family in Orem and they're with you
I just enjoy the hell out of watching that 6'7" Travis Wilson make plays.

Utes could have screwed themselves. Luckily for them, both onside kicks were horrible.

After watching NFL I'm always stunned by the special team performances in college. What do they teach these kids? Special teams is one of the best ways to get a job in the pros.

Last edited:
Might as well keep this night rolling. I'm staying up for Colorado at Hawaii. 1 am ET kick on CBS Sports Network.

Trying to remind myself of a couple things: 1) First game of the season 2) Minnesota was under-rated last year, probably the same story this year 3) This was a pretty far away game, travel wise. 4) Meaningless as it may be, Patterson's winning percentage on Thursdays before tonight: 5-8 .385. A win is still better than a loss, Pat. 5) Defense didn't look bad for how young it is, for having new coordinators and for having two players out tonight.

Still: Did not dress to impress tonight. Boykin looks as bad as I mentally act like he is. Hopefully he shakes it off with next weeks...cupcake?...matchup.

That was a really shitty game for TCU. Turnovers. Bad special teams. Boykin.

But a win is a win, even in college ball.

Back
Top Bottom