College Football 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You realize TCU has had one of the consistently best defenses since well back in the MWC days though, right? We're super hurt and young on defense. Hopefully we hobble through this year on offense, and manage to pull it back together next year. I don't see it getting fixed this season.

I get the rest of your point, though, I'm just saying that these schools play each other really damn hard and I love watching them. But, offense-heavy football is certainly my kind of football, so that helps.

You realize TCU has had one of the consistently best defenses since well back in the MWC days though, right? We're super hurt and young on defense. Hopefully we hobble through this year on offense, and manage to pull it back together next year. I don't see it getting fixed this season.

I get the rest of your point, though, I'm just saying that these schools play each other really damn hard and I love watching them. But, offense-heavy football is certainly my kind of football, so that helps.

I know that TCU used to have good defense, especially in big games. I remember their defense shutting down a top 5 OU team in Norman in 2005 and obviously the Rose Bowl a couple years ago. They used to always be a great defensive team. That's how I remembered Gary Patterson teams.
But I also have seen that since they've joined the Big 12, they've been giving up tons and tons of points. Even with that many injuries, giving up 40+ points 3 times this season is really, really bad.
Big 12 football is entertaining, but I hate that style of football
I'm more of a defense first, hard hitting, man ball. I passionately hate the spread/read option offense. There's a reason Rich Rod didn't last at UM. Even though he's done decent at Arizona, people like to rewrite history. He was an abysmal failure at UM and we had the 3 worst defenses in school history.
Watching UM punish teams again is beautiful. 3 straight shutouts and would be 4 if UNLV didn't score a last second garbage touchdown. MSU will be a test, but I think we beat them.
UM will move into the top 10 this week and hopefully game day will be making the trek up to Ann Arbor.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Last edited:
I assume the top 5 tomorrow will be:

1 OSU
2 Utah
3 Baylor
4 TCU
5 MSU

and I think that's probably correct.

And here we are:

1. tOSU
2. Baylor
3. TCU
4. Utah
5. Clemson
6. LSU
7. MSU
8. Florida
9. TA&M
10. BAMA

I hate when teams are punished for winning. Use it as bulletin board material, MSU.

I know FSU hasn't lost yet, but I'm surprised Michigan hasn't passed them up to crack the top 10.

Utah remains underrated. Only school in the top 4 with multiple impressive wins.

Last edited:
I will say this, as we go back and forth about the AP poll vs the Coaches Poll from time to time. I like the Coaches poll more, and this is part of the reason why:

2ag7m9t.png

Notice what teams from the Big XII are getting votes in the Coaches Poll that aren't in the AP Poll.

Losing isn't good, obviously, but if you look at who WVU, KSU and Texas have been playing, do you expect them to win those games?

I'm not saying they should be ranked, mind you, but definitely don't sleep on them.

I will say this, as we go back and forth about the AP poll vs the Coaches Poll from time to time. I like the Coaches poll more, and this is part of the reason why:

2ag7m9t.png

Notice what teams from the Big XII are getting votes in the Coaches Poll that aren't in the AP Poll.

Losing isn't good, obviously, but if you look at who WVU, KSU and Texas have been playing, do you expect them to win those games?

I'm not saying they should be ranked, mind you, but definitely don't sleep on them.

The coaches poll is a complete and utter joke. It amazes me that it still exists. There is absolutely no justification for Texas, WVU, and KSU to be getting votes. Texas is 2-4. How on earth can anyone justify getting them 4 votes.

The coaches poll is a complete and utter joke. It amazes me that it still exists. There is absolutely no justification for Texas, WVU, and KSU to be getting votes. Texas is 2-4. How on earth can anyone justify getting them 4 votes.

Have you watched them play? This is the thing, for me. A team like Toledo, I'm glad they're ranked, they're undefeated, they should be, but to look at WVU's two losses and say they didn't play great football tells me you didn't watch them play. Losses matter, but in a ranking system like this, it's important to WATCH the teams. Which is part of the reason I AM glad there's a panel now required to do just that.

Just an observation.

K-State, they lost by two points to the #15 team in the country and by one score to the #2 team...if you don't think they're good, I have no idea what else to tell you.

Texas's blow-out loss to TCU aside has now defeated the #10 team in the country, lost by 3 points to #15 and lost by 1 point to #23. They did get blown out by Notre Dame as well as TCU, which is point enough that they're still rebuilding. But the fact is, they're by no stretch a bad team either, and if you watched the games against OKState and Cal, they lost both of those games on special teams plays right at the end of the game.

The AP poll puts a stupid amount of emphasis on the previous year and gives the benefit of the doubt to the usual suspects no matter how mediocre they are. But then the coaches poll has its own flaws and biases.

Last edited:
For sure. My only purpose was to highlight the fact that many years (and in every division, I'm just using this one as an example), there are teams that will lose 3 games, but still play great football, and it's a shame that in this particular setup, Ws are all that matter.

If you're going to do the paper championship thing, at least do it right.

Have you watched them play? This is the thing, for me. A team like Toledo, I'm glad they're ranked, they're undefeated, they should be, but to look at WVU's two losses and say they didn't play great football tells me you didn't watch them play. Losses matter, but in a ranking system like this, it's important to WATCH the teams. Which is part of the reason I AM glad there's a panel now required to do just that.

Just an observation.

K-State, they lost by two points to the #15 team in the country and by one score to the #2 team...if you don't think they're good, I have no idea what else to tell you.

Texas's blow-out loss to TCU aside has now defeated the #10 team in the country, lost by 3 points to #15 and lost by 1 point to #23. They did get blown out by Notre Dame as well as TCU, which is point enough that they're still rebuilding. But the fact is, they're by no stretch a bad team either, and if you watched the games against OKState and Cal, they lost both of those games on special teams plays right at the end of the game.

Who has K-State beat? I don't care who they've lost to. 2 losses. No way they should be ranked.
Texas sucks. Through and through. They played above their heads in a big rivalry game, that's fairly common. They suck.
The coaches poll has been proven time after time to be ridiculous and very bias. The coaches don't watch all of the teams, heck most of the time it's some low level assistant casting the vote. It's all about pumping up your conference.

Doesn't matter what poll it is. The usual suspects always get credit. Even when a dark horse team appears, shadows of doubt will always stop them from being taken seriously.

The coaches poll has been proven time after time to be ridiculous and very bias.

Again, ridiculous compared to what?

The coaches don't watch all of the teams, heck most of the time it's some low level assistant casting the vote. It's all about pumping up your conference.

And the AP poll utilizes sportscasters and journalists that may or may not watch every game, while also having their own personal biases and schools/conferences that they want to push. That's the thing about humans.

There is no reason to trust either of the polls and take them as gospel. They both have huge, inherent flaws. The BCS standings exist to bring disparate polls together and still fail because polls are always kind of wrong.

Last edited:
Cubs/Mets?

If that's what you're talking about, it's a best of 7 series.

Jack Black vs. the Monsters? That's a one game playoff.

so I am watching a few college ball games today

Mich v Mich St., this will be fun, can Harbaugh crack top ten?

Ole Miss Clemsomed :huh:

Baylor is keeping the pressure on TCU

Alabama v Texas A M, one must fall

and later

Ohio St v Penn St

then

Utah v Arizona St

today teams will rise and fall

Back
Top Bottom