College Football 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not going to blame the refs. They won because Winston had all the luck on his side. Several INTs were dropped and his only TD was on an ill-advised throw that got tipped to the right spot. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. They're both, so 10-0.

I would love for a top 5 team to have a crack at them, but we're going to be waiting a while for that.

Gonna take a shot at predicting this week's top 10:

1. Oregon
2. Alabama
3. FSU
4. Mississippi State
5. TCU
6. Arizona State
7. Baylor
8. Ohio State
9. Ole Miss
10. UCLA

Last edited:
Ah, I wasn't really blaming the refs, but that call sucked assssss.

That's probably a very accurate top ten, but I almost wonder if they even cave to the pressure, this time, and flip TCU and Baylor.

Bama will and should be ranked #1.

1. Bama
2. FSU
3. Oregon
4. Baylor

But what's crazy is that this year's FSU squad isn't nearly as talented or disciplined as last year's team, yet they're undefeated. I am going to repeat this point until it becomes moot, as I am the resident homer.

I'm going to make a bold claim and say that, based on FSU's inability to play more than 2 quarters, a Bama/FSU national championship game would end up very similar to Bama/Notre Dame. I would put money on that if I had any to throw away. FSU is getting the benefit of the doubt because of The Streak, which has become increasingly fragile. But yeah, 10-0 is tough to argue with as far as ranking is concerned. They'll stay where they are.

Baylor doesn't deserve to be in the top 5. One ranked win, a loss to a now-unranked team and the worst out of conference schedule in the top 25. Nah. If they knock off KSU and TCU falters, sure.

Last edited:
It's neither here nor there, I just don't see Baylor jumping three spots on a BYE week. But with Arizona St. shitting the bed, I do see TCU and Baylor right next to each other, now. Just not sure what order. My GUESS is

Oregon
Alabama
FSU
Miss St.
TCU
Baylor

But I wouldn't be surprised to see Baylor/TCU.

I'm not going to make excuses for TCU, that was a travesty, but it was snowing, and I can't honestly tell you that I've ever seen TCU in the snow. I'm glad they got out of there with that W at all.

Also, just for fun:

FSU, losing at half time in games 2, 3, 7, 8, and 10.

TCU, losing at half time in games 8 and 10.

If you don't think FSU should have dropped based on performance, I'm not sure why you're advocating a two spot drop for TCU, either.

Gonna take a shot at predicting this week's top 10:

1. Oregon
2. Alabama
3. FSU
4. Mississippi State
5. TCU
6. Arizona State
7. Baylor
8. Ohio State
9. Ole Miss
10. UCLA

Arizona State was winning when I typed this. Adjusted:

1. Oregon
2. Alabama
3. FSU
4. Mississippi
5. TCU
6. Baylor
7. Ohio State
8. Ole Miss
9. UCLA
10. Michigan State

If they weren't the defending champions nobody would have FSU in the top 4. They're simply not that good.

On a side note... we know a ton of stupid shit that Jameis Winston has done off the field. We also know that the Tallahassee police have done everything in their power to cover up everything that any football player does.

So just imagine for a second all of the things that Winston has done that we haven't found out about? He may have been the second shooter on the grassy knoll.

"Raise your hand if you've ever been personally victimized by Jameis Winston" ?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The only reason I'd put Baylor over TCU is that they beat them head-to-head. Both teams are clearly the class of the Big 12, and whoever wins the conference should be in the playoff... unless Ohio State wins out.

And I said this a few days ago, I bet there's a chance that FSU makes it to the 4-team playoff, lays an egg, and validates everyone who says they were overrated. Hell, who knows how the student hearing for Jameis will go. I have a very hard time supporting the team while he's the face of the program and will be relieved when he leaves.

There's obviously systemic issues in the program, Tallahassee PD, athletic department. I've never seen a school undergo as much scrutiny from the media all at once (ESPN, the New York Times, Fox Sports, Bleacher Report), and some of it is deserved while a good bunch of it is yellow sports journalism. Even the tenor of the conversations here regarding the team are overwhelmingly dismissive and negative. I understand that to a point, but come on.

As far as on the field play, the offensive line has been shaky, the d-line rarely pressures the QB, and that leaves the secondary out to dry. Having the amount of freshmen out there that they do will allow those things to occur. I think they were expected to win out due to their schedule, but who expected them to repeat?

Not that I'm trying to change anyone's minds, far from it, I'd just like to be able to come in here and support my team with a little less vitriol.

Not related to your school at all (I think the news is pretty awesome, actually), but who's the guy in the ESPN photo wearing the headdress, and were there teeming masses of complaints afterwards?

I would imagine so, that's his thing.

EDIT: Yeah, I've found some articles about it, there was limited "outrage" about it. Doesn't seem to be nearly the anger that random airheads get for wearing headdresses at festivals, though.

Arizona State was winning when I typed this. Adjusted:

1. Oregon
2. Alabama
3. FSU
4. Mississippi
5. TCU
6. Baylor
7. Ohio State
8. Ole Miss
9. UCLA
10. Michigan State

1 Alabama 9-1
2 Oregon 9-1
3 Florida State 10-0
4 Mississippi State 9-1
5 TCU 9-1
6 Ohio State 9-1
7 Baylor 8-1
8 Ole Miss 8-2
9 UCLA 8-2
10 Georgia 8-2

Ahhhhhhh nice try, thanks for playin', thanks for playin'.

Should the top 3 all win out, its almost disappointing that this is the year we have a playoff instead of the BCS trying to explain a tit le game between Oregon and Bama while FSU sits undefeated. (Except of course the BCS system would have had FSU at #1)

1 Alabama 9-1
2 Oregon 9-1
3 Florida State 10-0
4 Mississippi State 9-1
5 TCU 9-1
6 Ohio State 9-1
7 Baylor 8-1
8 Ole Miss 8-2
9 UCLA 8-2
10 Georgia 8-2

Ahhhhhhh nice try, thanks for playin', thanks for playin'.

:lol: They hate Baylor.

All I've seen of Ohio State this year was the game they should have lost to Penn State so none of this makes any sense to me.

My top 8 would be more like...
1 Oregon
2 Florida State
3 TCU
4 Alabama
5 Ohio State
6 Baylor
7 Mississippi State
8 Georgia

I still don't think Alabama is that good, nor Mississippi State. Oregon has played the toughest schedule and has the best QB in the country. TCU has beat multiple very good teams and been more impressive than Bama this year.
We all seem to forget that Bama hasn't beaten a currently ranked team besides MSU and didn't looked very good in many games (i.e. Arkansas, WVU, etc.) I hate Ohio (State) and so I don't watch them without a bias hate and so I won't ever rank them in the top 4, even if they're undefeated.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom