College Football 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have no doubt in my mind that y'all will crush Baylor.

Fuck prevent defense.

So glad we only dropped three stops.

I hope you are right. We are pretty good in Norman. I think Stoops has only lost at home 5 times in all these years. I was there for one of them, a miserable shitty homecoming Vs Tech Tards back in 2011.

Baylor's offense is possibly the best in the NCAA. It's insane.

Possibly? Though they did "only" score 28 against Texas two weeks ago. 61 points against TCU is insane.

When will this autograph suspension bubble burst? What caused Manziel to only get a half-game suspension and Gurley to be indefinitely? Why is Jameis always in trouble? How punchable is Lou Holtz when Notre Dame is winning?

I have a lot of questions.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

BREAKING NEWS: TCU's Trevone Boykin Has Wrist Surgery - Frogs O' War

staf.gif

I've been reading Jameis documents like the Warren Report. The way ESPN/Bleacher Report/etc... is covering this shit, you half expect Tyler Perry in Gone Girl to step up and defend him.

I've flipped a million times on how to feel about all of this, what it means for the University, etc... I honestly don't know the degree to which the original case was tampered, or if either side facilitated in the slow response of Title IX investigations. It's a he said, she said mess at this point, with the burden of evidence a year ago proving not to be strong enough a year ago to prosecute in state court. I don't think there's a sort of mass conspiracy on the part of media outlets like ESPN to vilify a student-athlete to drive ratings; it's the nature of business. You pay Mark May to scream about someone's "character" while lisping corpse Lou Holtz spittles on about Notre Dame's toughness. The Worldwide Leader makes greater millions on the success of SEC schools... but it also carries ACC games, where the ratings only truly matter when Florida State is relevant.

There may be a shade of homerism coming from me, but I'd also like to think that I'd be more critical of the goings-on of my alma mater than a more broad college football fan ingesting this news. Preaching "innocent until proven guilty" is made even tougher given the statistics on rape convictions or testimonial evidence. I honestly don't know and it makes it extremely difficult to support a team when in my gut I feel that something is off.

tl;dr - sports!

No, you personally destroyed evidence showing Jameis did it, just like I signed several papers agreeing never to tell anyone that Jerry Sandusky was a child molestor. Just accept it and take your lashings. This is the world now.

No, you personally destroyed evidence showing Jameis did it, just like I signed several papers agreeing never to tell anyone that Jerry Sandusky was a child molestor. Just accept it and take your lashings. This is the world now.

I'll wait on Mark Schlabach or Darren Rovell for more details. If only FSU and Penn State were in the SEC...

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Special teams in college is a joke. These kids have no idea what they're doing when they get to the NFL.

11th straight year we beat Washington. Still can't believe we lost to Arizona.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yes Jimbo you won because of your "high character guys".

But Jameis was cleared of all charges and definitely didn't sexually assault anyone! The police department totally didn't fuck up the investigation at all! They totally listened to the victim and treated her with respect without blaming her for the crime committed against her!

Yes Jimbo you won because of your "high character guys".

Seriously though, that post game interview was so messed up. Everything about Florida State's football program pisses me off so much.

Florida State stole that game like Jameis steals crab legs.

Good one.

It was pass interference. The decision to call it or not is on the officials, but they made the correct call.

It was a prime example of a play that never would have occurred without illegal contact. The receivers blocked the DBs from the snap, which is understandably illegal. Brian Kelly's whining is pathetic.

Last edited:
That was definitely the correct call. Kelly should be pissed at his other 2 receivers for the way they executed the play. If they just run their routes they're going to cause enough traffic for Robinson to be wide open and they win the game.

Back
Top Bottom