College Football 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Preseason Rankings: Baylor - Unranked, 92 votes

Week 11: Baylor (7-0) - Rank 6/Oregon (8-0) - Rank 3

You don't even have to look at it as a hypothetical, LN7. It happened. Baylor was unranked, played almost the same strength of schedule as Oregon and ended up right near them in the rankings by doing the exact same things.

Oregon lost 2 road games. One of those teams is a top 5 team(was #5 when they played them).
They have blown out every opponent thay have beaten, closest win was 21 points at then #16 Washington. In what bizarro world does that team not belong ranked?

Really only today is a game that looks bad on their resume.

Yes but does the loss to Stanford tell the true story of that game? Seems like Stanford easily walked all over them and a last ditch effort while Stanford was rinsing out time was what brought Oregon back.

Although I definitely agree, my view is changed given what you've said and what was said before. They definitely belong ranked, regardless of where they start. But I guess their ranking tomorrow will tell the true story. I just don't think a top 15 team has ANY room for error and at this point there was a minor slip up for Oregon and a major error and if they're not around #20 (and I just don't see them falling that far), justice won't be served for their terrible showing today.

They were destroyed today by an unranked team. Justice is putting them in their place. Behind teams that haven't been destroyed by unranked teams.

Obviously you have to take strength of schedule into consideration.

How would UCF, NIU, or Fresno State have faired playing Oregon's schedule this year?

Not to pick on Ashley, but you can ask TCU the difference between playing one or two BCS opponents per year vs. playing a whole season in a BCS conference.

AKA behind UCF.
Ding.

Obviously you have to take strength of schedule into consideration.

How would UCF, NIU, or Fresno State have faired playing Oregon's schedule this year?

Not to pick on Ashley, but you can ask TCU the difference between playing one or two BCS opponents per year vs. playing a whole season in a BCS conference.

We just can't know. There's no bubble, you know? TCU entered the Big XII after the undefeated seasons. It'd be wonderful to find out just how good that team and that Boise State team were, but we can't ever know.

All that being said, I'm still a huge proponent of the value of an undefeated season and NIU and Fresno deserve more praise.

Whatever. It's pretty clear that I'm just here to rant bias for my own team, according to the interference elders, who have spoken (but then quietly agree with the point that as being made).

I agree that preseason rankings dole out an unfair advantage. It's not a new argument nor is it a fun one to engage in, so there you go.

anyone notice that there are 5 teams with 2 loses and one with 3 loses ahead of UCF in the rankings,
and UCF only has one loss :shrug:

Yeah, that was pretty sad on our part.

But, ya know, penalize Fresno and Oregon and LSU for doing the exact same thing today.

I firmly believe we deserve to drop in the rankings for this pathetic win, and it's the same point I made last week against supposedly amazing Oregon a couple of days ago (and was scolded for). But you know, ill get called out for it instead. Like your sly comment right now.

and it's the same point I made last week against supposedly amazing Oregon a couple of days ago (and was scolded for). .

Scolded??
Come on dude, drop the persecution complex.
Nobody scolded anybody, a few of us agreed that Oregon would/should drop but all felt that a 2 loss Oregon team should still be ranked, that was all.

The only thing I've pointed out to you, a few times this season, is that teams rarely drop in the rankings due to winning.

However, I think we'll see that rare situation Sunday.

What do you mean? Do you think a UCF loss plus a Cincinnati win would move UCF out of BCS standings and Cincinnati ahead of them?

I don't think so really.

But it's a moot point because UCF isn't losing to SMU and Cincy isn't beating Louisville.

Looking into it, I guess I'm misunderstanding.

I thought if an AQ didn't make the top 16 and a non - aq finished above them, they lose their berth to the non-aq.

Referring, of course, to NIU.

Also, I would definitely never count out SMU.

LOL I wouldn't sleep on SMU. UCF has to go on the road to play a team fighting for bowl eligibility when they barely survived Temple and South Florida teams that have a combined three wins.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom