College Football 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any case with college athletes is unbelievably messy. Penn State had a running back named Austin Scott who was kicked off the team after a rape accusation in 2007. But there was nowhere near enough evidence for them to pursue anything and he was essentially exonerated.

FSU Athletics' policy states that if he is charged with a felony than he is ineligible for any on-field play, no questions. Until then, expect him on the field. The State Attorney pursuing the case also went to Florida State, so it's not like a dumbass in-state rivalry or alumnus affiliations are undermining due process, at least to my knowledge.

Regardless of whether or not Winston is guilty, the fact that the conversation has been made about him versus the victim is appalling and degrading. The peculiarities of the case and time at which it was re-opened (right when FSU firmly plants itself as #2 in the BCS) brings a certain degree of scrutiny, but in the end, it's becoming another instance of the law and media bending to the whims of a broader culture: in this case, college athletics.

Just goes to show you how preseason rankings are bullshit. If Oregon enters the season unranked, they're most definitely unranked at the point, yeah?

Just goes to show you how preseason rankings are bullshit. If Oregon enters the season unranked, they're most definitely unranked at the point, yeah?

Probably not. They're only two loss, one of them to the #5 team. They were doing their normal blowout thing almost all season long until that point.

I was referring to if they started unranked. Good point was made though. But I don't think they'd be top 15.

Why would they have started unranked?

And again, I don't think so, as long as they were undefeated, the margins of victory and being in the Pac 12.

For comparison, if I'm remembering correctly, Baylor began this season unranked

Follow the trajectory of both of their seasons up until the week before the Stanford loss and they're almost identical.
Basically, ranked or not at the beginning of the season, Oregon would be just about where they are now if they had started the season unranked. Maybe closer to #20 after tonight, but still ranked, imo.

They wouldn't. I'm saying that the preseason rankings hold way too much value. Oregon has again lost, but the fate of that team will be voters trying to cope with the fact that their consistently #2 team is not living up to expectations. They lost to an unranked team. Teams that lose to unranked teams should be fighting for their own ranking to prove it is legitimate. Now, I know Oregon beat another top ranked team, but my point is that the favoritism is silly. Oregon doesn't has proven they don't deserve to be considered one of the best teams.

For comparison, if I'm remembering correctly, Baylor began this season unranked

Follow the trajectory of both of their seasons up until the week before the Stanford loss and they're almost identical.
Basically, ranked or not at the beginning of the season, Oregon would be just about where they are now if they had started the season unranked. Maybe closer to #20 after tonight, but still ranked, imo.

They'd absolutely be ranked. South Carolina is too.

Who moves to #4 in the BCS? Clemson? Okie State? Michigan State?

It's a pretty steep drop-off after Ohio State anyway.

Oregon lost 2 road games. One of those teams is a top 5 team(was #5 when they played them).
They have blown out every opponent thay have beaten, closest win was 21 points at then #16 Washington. In what bizarro world does that team not belong ranked?

Really only today is a game that looks bad on their resume.

Back
Top Bottom