College Football 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hindsight ;) Really wished LSU would've kept it close. I want nothing to do with FSU if UCF gets to the orange bowl. With that being said, tonight's victory over Houston pretty much secured the conference, with room for error. And THAT being said, UCF has a schedule left with 4 games and only one team over .500.

Neither would I, for that reason too.

Also, Florida might not be bowl eligible this year. Savoring that every second.

:banghead:

Well, not that I expected otherwise, but there it is officially.

My first time witnessing this with TCU. It's absolutely soul-crushing.

aub.gif

Just heard that be called the "best play of the year."

That's most certainly the "worst play of the year."

KNOCK IT DOWN!!

I love how most DB's can't resist going for the INT, regardless of the situation. Still a pretty amazing play considering it was 4th and 18.

It was a cool play, not a great play. It was under-thrown and should've been picked off. There was nothing impressive about the play to call it "great." It was gift wrapped.

And note, when I say it should've been picked off I understand it should've been knocked down, I'm just saying the throw itself was nothing more than a lob into double coverage. Given the game situation, you don't attempt to intercept it of course.

Trojanchick is probably pretty happy right now.

What a fucking amazing game! The energy surrounding this program since Coach O took over is unbelievable. For an 'SC crowd, it was damn loud the entire game. I pretty much have no more voice left.

The thing about the game that impressed me most was the fact the USC defense used 2 subs the entire game and still was able to hold Stanford scoreless in the 4th with 2 INTs. Insane.

So happy for this team. At this point, I think we should give Coach O a shot next year.

The Auburn play is the play of the year. Just insane considering the implications. My buddy is a South Carolina fan. The season hinged on that game. Unreal.

What about an Oregon? Louisville? Fuck South Carolina.

What?! South Carolina has no shot at the title game, but they can still mathematically win their division and get a shot to play Alabama for a BCS birth.

Oregon is now in the driver seat in the PAC-12 north and still have a shot at the title game, but need a lot of help. Like Florida taking down FSU, which I don't see happening.

Louisville plays a dogshit schedule and don't deserve a title shot even if they were undefeated. No chance with one loss.

You have a peculiarly egocentric view of the national college football landscape.

What?! South Carolina has no shot at the title game, but they can still mathematically win their division and get a shot to play Alabama for a BCS birth.

Oregon is now in the driver seat in the PAC-12 north and still have a shot at the title game, but need a lot of help. Like Florida taking down FSU, which I don't see happening.

Louisville plays a dogshit schedule and don't deserve a title shot even if they were undefeated. No chance with one loss.

You have a peculiarly egocentric view of the national college football landscape.

Peculiarly egocentric view? You clearly don't understand what I meant by that. Fuck South Carolina. Who cares what implications were present in that match? What I was saying was that there were two matches that were upset alerts that had important implications on BCS games (Temple for Louisville and USC for Oregon). I wasn't referring to the title game in specific, I was just saying fuck South Carolina because for some reason an incredibly lucky play in an SEC match has dwarfed two critical matchups where really good final minute plays were produced (Worton catch and a pretty spectacular 4th and 2 for a game winning field goal for USC).

I was drinking with some friends and one of them, a South Carolina grad, was really bummed that Georgia came back to take the lead because of the implications on the SEC championship game picture or something. I don't care about the specifics but when we all collectively lost our shit about that play, he was especially pumped because that helped SC.

That was all I was saying.

Peculiarly egocentric view? You clearly don't understand what I meant by that. Fuck South Carolina. Who cares what implications were present in that match? What I was saying was that there were two matches that were upset alerts that had important implications on BCS games (Temple for Louisville and USC for Oregon). I wasn't referring to the title game in specific, I was just saying fuck South Carolina because for some reason an incredibly lucky play in an SEC match has dwarfed two critical matchups where really good final minute plays were produced (Worton catch and a pretty spectacular 4th and 2 for a game winning field goal for USC).

Yeah, I completely misinterpreted what you meant.

Haha I read a really funny analysis of the rankings the other day. Comments on UCF -- barely beat Temple, shouldn't be ranked. Comments on Wisconsin -- don't know how they're behind the likes of a team like UCF. Comments on Louisville -- hard flight victory against an underrated Houston team, should be ranked much higher than they are.

I'm going to be honest about my post from earlier about the Auburn play: I had seen the highlight of the UCF catch against Temple but honestly thought it happened in a blowout because ... Temple. I had no idea that was a close game (I was on a bit of a bender this weekend so my attention to detail was not very good). So just ignore everything I said about the implications and shit.

We were talking about that catch at work for quite some time on Saturday…we all wound up agreeing that even in a vacuum that's an insane play, but when you consider the circumstances and stakes, it was one of the best plays we'd ever seen. I still think that now.

I'm going to be honest about my post from earlier about the Auburn play: I had seen the highlight of the UCF catch against Temple but honestly thought it happened in a blowout because ... Temple. I had no idea that was a close game (I was on a bit of a bender this weekend so my attention to detail was not very good). So just ignore everything I said about the implications and shit.

Thing about Temple is... despite only having one win on the season... they've put up close battles to a lot of teams. Decent teams, too.

That being said, UCF deserved to fall for nearly losing that game.

Back
Top Bottom