College Football 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
louperor_zps0832937e.jpg

oh my

Lou Holtz trying to sway Luke Skywalker to take his father's place at his side

How was your trip to Hawaii, trojanchick? I watched some of that game and could tell USC was going to have problems later on. Hawaii has been one of the worst teams in FBS the last couple years.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Utah State game is close. The Aggies have been pretty solid the last couple years and have a legit QB in Chuckie Keeton.

The trip itself was fantastic, visited the Big Island too which was the highlight. But, yeah, watching that game, I knew we had major offensive issues. Sadly, they only got worse on Saturday.

The defense is solid, but because of sanctions we are just an injury or two away from disaster there too. It's going to be a very long season. But hopefully a short one for our head coach.

It'd be fun to see another bowl game for UCF. They beat Georgia in the Liberty Bowl my freshman year, it was pretty cool.
You're playing my alma mater this week. Should be a closely contested game since we're rolling with a freshman quarterback and playing a safety at linebacker because fuck the NCAA.

You're playing my alma mater this week. Should be a closely contested game since we're rolling with a freshman quarterback and playing a safety at linebacker because fuck the NCAA.

Yeah I wanted to mention that. It'll be exciting. Always fun to play more serious teams (even though FIU upset us two years ago).

On a side note, UCF and Penn State open up the season next year playing in Croke Park in Ireland. That's pretty cool. It'll be my super-senior-and-then-some-year but Ill still be here haha.

FUCK, how did I not know our game was tonight?

Oh my God, I'm embarrassed for that. What happened?

I don't often say the refs cost a team a game, but the refs cost TCU the game.

TT fumbled on the one yard line. TCU recovered in the endzone, but somehow TT got to keep the ball and scored a TD.

TCU had a 69 yard punt return for a TD called back for some BS "faking a fair catch signal" call.

TCU recovered a TT muffed punt late in the fourth, but the ref called a total bullshit catch interference call.

To top it all off, TT clearly fumbled on their final drive, but even after reviewing the play, the refs gave them the ball back.

The bitter irony is that the Big 12 was experimenting with an extra official tonight to help reduce blown calls. :doh:

This LSU message board I'm reading right now collectively jizzed themselves when they saw the bell boy. They were just waiting for SB Nation to gif it.

Looks like the thread is mixed on whether or not that was a fair catch call. Most people seem to agree that the refs blew the game, but they also seem to think TCU and TT both sucked.

But mostly, the thread is full of people bitching because apparently TCU losing tonight will cost LSU the national championship.

I need to find a gif/picture of this "fair catch" signal. Either way, as many said, the fact that they didn't call it a fair catch penalty until wellllll after the infraction occurred is quite telling.

Apparently the fumble call in the end zone was the right one. I can't quite tell based on the comments in the thread exactly what happened with the second fumble, but the way it sounds the officials didn't review it until the next play, charged TCU a timeout and messed up what down they were on?

But, above all the bumbling and all the insanity, one thing remains glaringly obvious after a full game: Trevone Boykin is a Running Back pretending to be a QB and nothing Patterson says or does is going to change that simple fact. God, I hope Casey comes back this season and I hope he finds any rhythm. At this point, I want to know what our 3rd string QB looks like.

what would happen if both teams played with their backup QBs?

it is a team sport

(if Johnnie could get a couple of his stripper girlfriends to go on that ABC diving show Splash, I might go Aggies.)

what would happen if both teams played with their backup QBs? it is a team sport (if Johnnie could get a couple of his stripper girlfriends to go on that ABC diving show Splash, I might go Aggies.)

They would both be significantly less fun to watch.

Wow that final score was closer than I thought it'd be considering the last time I checked it.

Good news for UCF then. I smell some votes headed their way now. Probably not enough for a rank though.

Good day. And USF just got beaten up... by FAU lol. Oh, back to Depeche Mode. Encore time!

Back
Top Bottom