College Football 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Douchiness and partying don't equate to a lack of work ethic. I assume every athlete works his ass off until it's indicated otherwise.

Can we all just agree that someone outside of the SEC and not named Notre Dame needs to win the title this year?

No, but I'm an SEC homer so feel free to ignore my opinion.

I will agree it needs to be someone outside the state of Alabama. The not Notre Dame thing will take care of itself. No way every bounce goes their way two years in a row.

Yay, we only fell 4 spots:

AP Top 25
RK TEAM RECORD PTS
1 Alabama (58) 1-0 1497
2 Oregon 1-0 1355
3 Ohio State (1) 1-0 1330
4 Clemson (1) 1-0 1304
5 Stanford 0-0 1277
6 South Carolina 1-0 1181
7 Texas A&M 1-0 1085
8 Louisville 1-0 1073
9 LSU 1-0 971
10 Florida State 1-0 953
11 Georgia 0-1 894
12 Florida 1-0 875
13 Oklahoma State 1-0 780
14 Notre Dame 1-0 707
15 Texas 1-0 674
16 Oklahoma 1-0 612
17 Michigan 1-0 583
18 UCLA 1-0 387
19 Northwestern 1-0 320
20 Washington 1-0 315
21 Wisconsin 1-0 287
22 Nebraska 1-0 219
23 Baylor 1-0 150
24 TCU 0-1 148
25 USC 1-0 135

The ACC may not be as unwatchable this year, but hey, that remains to be seen.

Fun fact: much like the past two Heisman winners, Mack didn't recruit Jameis as a quarterback.

I've been seeing Texas fans all over SLC tonight. Supposed to be 10k+ at the game tomorrow.

When you've got as many t shirt fans as we do, there's usually a big contingent at any road game.

pFeqPHd.gif

Longhorns got stomped! BYU set their all time school rushing record mid-way through the 3rd quarter. Ended with 550 rushing yards. Most Texas has ever given up.

Wasn't Notre Dame's defense supposed to be the greatest in the history of time?????

What happened?!?!?!?!

:lol:

Longhorns got stomped! BYU set their all time school rushing record mid-way through the 3rd quarter. Ended with 550 rushing yards. Most Texas has ever given up.

Wasn't Notre Dame's defense supposed to be the greatest in the history of time?????

What happened?!?!?!?!

:lol:

All of this plus TCU"only" beating SE LA by 38-17 AND this:

TCU Horned Frogs QB Casey Pachall has arm surgery - ESPN

is making this possibly the worst college football day of my shorter time watching.

UGH just look at this:

2013 OVERALL FBS RANKINGS

PASSING YARDS

99th
Overall

RUSHING YARDS

82nd Overall

POINTS FOR

55th
Overall

POINTS AGAINST

68th
Overall

I know it's only week two, I'm just bummed out about this season a little already.

Go fuck yourselves, Notre Dame.

I don't even like Michigan.

Oklahoma Defense has given up 7 points in two games. The problem is, our offense has only scored 50 points. We apparently don't have a QB who can throw the ball, though he can run it, that's not going to work every time and down the stretch. Don't know if he will grow out of it or if a change will be made.

I can see we are going to have problems with Baylor, TCU, OSU, and probably a couple other teams. Notre Dame on the road, this could be an ugly season, or it could be another 2009 with a nice Bowl win against Stanford, or 2005 with the Holiday Bowl win over Oregon.

Speaking of Oklahoma State....I certainly hope none of this is true:

SI investigation alleges Oklahoma State impropriety

Sports Illustrated is preparing to publish a series of articles alleging improprieties in the Oklahoma State football program dating back more than a decade, the school said Saturday in a news release.

According to The Oklahoman, the series of reports, expected to be published within days, includes the following allegations:

•Payments from coaches and boosters to players.
•A bonus program run by former assistant coach Joe DeForest, now at West Virginia, for Cowboys players that existed as recently as 2011. Coaches and boosters paying athletes, including violations ranging from paying for jobs not performed, overpaying for jobs and strictly paying players for performance.
•Academic corruption involving grade changes and players' work being completed by others.
•Drug abuse among players and sexual relations with hostesses in the school's Orange Pride program.

:doh:

Oklahoma Defense has given up 7 points in two games. The problem is, our offense has only scored 50 points. We apparently don't have a QB who can throw the ball, though he can run it, that's not going to work every time and down the stretch. Don't know if he will grow out of it or if a change will be made.

I can see we are going to have problems with Baylor, TCU, OSU, and probably a couple other teams. Notre Dame on the road, this could be an ugly season, or it could be another 2009 with a nice Bowl win against Stanford, or 2005 with the Holiday Bowl win over Oregon.

I think Knight is done unless Bell totally shits his pants (in other words, I believe Bell starts vs Tulsa) . If the only differentiation is run game ('cuz neither can throw), give me Blake Bell, who is a bigger Tim Tebow minus the Messiah powers. Or consider that Kendal Thompson will be back from injury within a week or so. Knight had his shot and he just doesn't have it. He's like a David Ash without any experience. Yeesh.

All that said, I absolutely love that we're finally running the ball and that we've ditched that fucking silly 'hurry up and wait' offense, which has in turn helped the defense. If this offense, doing what it is doing, can find an accurate, competent QB, we'll win the Big 12. If we can't, like you alluded to, we'll probably lose about 4 games. Maybe more.

P.S.
Mike Leach motherfuckers! LOL @ Lane Kiffin.

How crazy was the storm before the game? Weird night, weird game.

Back
Top Bottom