College Football 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
illini-tim-beckman.jpg

Danny Boy said:
I'm going to games Friday and Saturday. Don't believe I have ever attended back to back college games before. I feel like I could drink 1000 beers this weekend, you guys.

Dude have fun. I'll be watching. Either you or Bono212 will be celebrating Sat night.

I might be going to Chicago to watch the game with the contingent of alumni there. I say I'm going to do this every year, but this year, I may actually do it.

Wow. How 'bout K-State falling to North Dakota State.

Bad start for the Big 12.

As a friend of mine would say, there are no revenge fucks in football, its only a game, etc. True that. But I did find myself oddly rooting for North Dakota State last evening, for no apparent reason. I know K State beat OU in Norman last year, (actually we turned the ball over 3 times and gave them a TD on one fumble near the goal line and lost by 5 points, but whatever), but I have a lot of actual respect for K State.

Texas Tech tards, on the other hand, I loathe their very existence, except when we put up 60 points on them. I was actually outright rooting for SMU last night, DAMN the LITTLE big 12!

The enemy of my enemy is my friend, will root for whomever can take down a programs entire season in one game, etc. Or not, guess I have to, root for Okla State today as well as the rest of the Big 12. Hopefully K State was an anomaly. Its too bad that Tech Tards won though. That would have been hilarious.

Anyway, just to see if Impy Error is awake

tumblr_lsrnvvhGn71qcrw2q.jpg

pic_y79_l.jpg

tumblr_lx83oy83zd1qbxr0fo1_500.jpg

having said all of that, of course, we will be lucky to win 8 games this year. And that includes today....

still

BOOMER
SOONER

Toledo has a solid chance of upsetting Florida today. That'd be delightful.

Waiting 'til Monday for FSU/Pitt sucks.

As a student at North Dakota State, I can say that the win last night against Kansas State is probably the biggest football victory in program history (even bigger than the previous 2 years of FCS championships). I certainly wasn't expecting the Bison to win, so I'm ecstatic.

Even though K State may not have been picked to do spectacularly this season, they are the reigning Big 12 champions, so it's pretty monumental.

How exciting :).

It's awesome to see your team take down what appears to be a giant sometimes.

I, too, would be thrilled to see tech lose every game, Garrison.

As a student at North Dakota State, I can say that the win last night against Kansas State is probably the biggest football victory in program history (even bigger than the previous 2 years of FCS championships). I certainly wasn't expecting the Bison to win, so I'm ecstatic.

Even though K State may not have been picked to do spectacularly this season, they are the reigning Big 12 champions, so it's pretty monumental.

How exciting :).

It's awesome to see your team take down what appears to be a giant sometimes.

I, too, would be thrilled to see tech lose every game, Garrison.

:up::up:

Tech fans treating Kingsbury as the messiah are the worst. I'm usually all about the rest of the conference doing well in nonconference games, but I'll make a special exception for Tech.

Tech fans treating Kingsbury as the messiah are the worst. I'm usually all about the rest of the conference doing well in nonconference games, but I'll make a special exception for Tech.

Yeah generally, I mean you want to beat everyone when your turn comes to play them, it would also be nice if they were undefeated when you do beat them. I just cant root for Tech though.

Pregame commentary for Notre Dame football is completely unbearable. I hope they lose this and every other game they ever play by a thousand.

Disappointing finish, but TCU played quite well. I think #20 is a good spot for them. The defensive line was manhandled by a superior squad, resulting in some nasty gains for LSU, but the secondary looked really good and I was happy with their running game, which found many holes in a very good LSU defense. I think they're a solid 9 win team that has improved from last season, but they simply played a better team tonight.

If I have any concern going forward, it's the quarterback controversy that Patterson is fostering by benching Pachall. I wish he had shown some faith in him. Boykin did improve as a passer though, which is a nice problem to have, but I wouldn't be surprised if this game shook Pachall's confidence, and that is an issue.

I don't understand any of the QB decisions Patterson made tonight. I think it sends a horrible message.

That being said, Boykin did appear to have improved, however, where were the WR tonight :crack:

On another note, Johnny Football is an asshole. But we know this. He makes me laugh, and he's fun to watch, but what he did today gave me no confidence in his NFL prospects. There are many areas he needs to improve in (including his build and his attitude) if he wants to survive in the pros. And considering his attitude about college, he'll likely end up in the 2015 draft, so he doesn't have a lot of time to improve.

Back
Top Bottom