College Football 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a grudge against South Carolina. They almost that to UCF and didn't move in the rankings, meanwhile UCF lost half of their votes after that loss.

I don't follow or understand college football nearly well enough but that seems pretty damn biased to me. All things considered, South Carolina should've dropped off from that showing.

As much as people say style points matter, they very rarely seem to matter negatively.

And a loss from any team in the 20s usually results in a drop out of the top-25.

EDIT: Wait, UCF wasn't even ranked?

One of the best sporting events I've seen in person yesterday. Not the most well played game but quite dramatic and thrilling. Allen Robinson is going to be a first round pick.

Close wins in the SEC are "gritty" and signs of champions. If power teams in other conferences barely eke out a win then it's a knock against them. Whatever, next week is gonna rule.

As much as people say style points matter, they very rarely seem to matter negatively.

And a loss from any team in the 20s usually results in a drop out of the top-25.

EDIT: Wait, UCF wasn't even ranked?

Unranked UCF (with like 30 votes or something) played #12 South Carolina and for all intents and purposes dominated most of the game. SC was lucky to squeeze out a victory.

And when it came time to vote, SC pretty much stayed neutral in the standings and UCF lost about 2/3rds of their extra votes. SC should've plummeted if you ask me, and if there was ever a loss that might bump you up in the rankings... that was it for UCF.

Michigan and Notre Dame dropped by having close wins over inferior opponents as well. UCF may be the cream of the AAC crop besides Louisville, but that's not saying much.

Preseason rankings are all the difference in the world.

Right, it's not saying much. And I guarantee if UCF pulls that win off they get their ranking. It's not a matter of UCF though, they lost. It's a matter of SC really deserving to feel the hurt after narrowly escaping a far inferior opponent. It screams bias.

It's harder to drop from rankings when your strength of schedule is still very high.

I'm amazed that the ACC has 3 top 10 teams and that FSU plays both of them this season. Miami seems ripe to be exposed as a not ready for prime time team, either by FSU, Virginia Tech, or both.

Either way, UCF needs to be in a larger/more competitive conference or win out for any serious national consideration. Is what it is.

If South Carolina can't beat Florida -- a team without an offense-- at home, then they shouldn't be ranked. Mizzou is also ripe for exposure.

Georgia could still win the East if they beat Florida.

I hope UCFs victory against #8 Louisville is enough to earn the votes back for losing to South Carolina :rolleyes:

On a more serious note, hope it gets them a rank.

I hope UCFs victory against #8 Louisville is enough to earn the votes back for losing to South Carolina :rolleyes:

On a more serious note, hope it gets them a rank.

Dude, seriously, relax. A loss is always going to cost you votes. You lost 2/3rds of 20-odd votes, you weren't exactly pushing for #1 or something. You'll be ranked next week, so take a breather.

Doesn't UCF have a shot at an automatic bid? Relax. There's still a lot of football left to play.

Travis and I are debating about who's going to take the Big 12. On paper, it seems like Baylor is the obvious choice, but who have they really played so far this year? OSU lost to an, admittedly bad, WVU, but they've had a few contests this year already. Baylor's really played next to no one, besides K State, who is also pretty bad this year.

I feel like we may have had this conversation a week or two ago, so sorry if I'm repeating myself. I'm just curious for opinion. Clearly it ain't going to be TCU, but we could be a wrench in the works for either team. We certainly don't ever let Baylor run us over, so they've got that to watch out for, and near the end of the season to boot.

Given how backloaded the Big 12 schedule is, it's almost impossible to say at this point. Baylor is the favorite, but I wouldn't count out Oklahoma at this point, even with the one conference loss. Texas' whole season was on the line with that victory. I don't see them winning out when they still have to face Baylor, Okie State, and Texas Tech, but stranger things have happened. They'll beat each other up.

The Big 12 is a weak conference without a national title contender. The lack of divisions like every other conference adds to the parity and instability. The Big Ten would be almost as bad were it not for Ohio State.

Undefeated Baylor is the only shot the pitiful Big 12 has at a national championship contender. Even one loss and the strength of schedule will sink them. OU and OSU are equally likely to take the division, perhaps more so, but they're out as far as the title game goes.

Okie State has looked weak against middle-of-the-road Big 12 teams.

I don't mean to be the ACC's cheerleader; I'm astounded that they're this much better than the Big 12 and Big Ten... dare I say close to the Pac-12 in terms of consistency and quality at the top of the conference?

I just read an article suggesting that Pachall might be back within a week or two. Maybe even making an appearance tomorrow.

I'm just a glutton for punishment, being excited by this.

So, I just turned the OSU game on :|

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd it's 17-0.....

FML.

So glad I have to go film a wedding right now and can't watch anymore of this.

Someone please fire our OC. Please?

Oh my God, they finally unleashed Tyler Matthews?

And he fumbled on his first drive :(.

And now he almost threw an interception. I get to watch 4 minutes of football right now. This is what I see.

Hahahaha did any of you guys see that last Ohio State TD pass? I don't think there was a safety within 30 yard of the receiver.

Back
Top Bottom