College Football 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This weekend is Christmas for me. been waiting all summer.

Over/under 2.5 weeks for our first "What's Eating Garrett Gilbert?" headline from a major paper.

banana.gif

Boring games tonight...but Saturday should be good...

LSU - Oregon
Boise State - Georgia.

Its ridiculous they are on at the exact same time though.

and I'll be interested in BYU-Ole Miss

also TCU-Baylor is on Friday night for Bono212 :up:

I'm thinking of heading to our Nevada border town of Wendover Fri night to place some bets on games this weekend. Anyone have any suggestions of what teams I should waste my money on?

One of the few games I'll get to watch, and I have prior commitments :scream:. I may have my dad record it for me, but I don't see myself being able to resist following on my phone.

I'm also annoyed by that, and also found last night's games extremely boring. Disappointing first night, even though Utah won.

Beating Montana State by 17 instead of 71 has got to be disappointing as well.

I laughed pretty hard when I saw they were your first competition as part of the BCS. Maybe this transition wont be so scary after all?

Beating Montana State by 17 instead of 71 has got to be disappointing as well.

I laughed pretty hard when I saw they were your first competition as part of the BCS. Maybe this transition wont be so scary after all?

Utah is going to have problems at QB this year (despite their starter Wynn returning). He looked pretty awful last night. I don't seem them winning more than 6 or 7 games. Of course that would still get them a spot in a bowl like the Holiday Bowl, which would be better than any bowl they could have made for winning the Mountain West. (excluding BCS bowls)

...and I think playing USC at the Coliseum next week will welcome the Utes to BCS competition pretty fast :wink:

Edit: Trojanchick beat me to it :)

Anyone have any suggestions of what teams I should waste my money on?

I was just looking at some point spreads. I'm not actually much of a better but I am a huge CFB fan. I can only say what looks good to me.

I think Michigan is going to be fired up under their new coach, Hoke.
And they'll be wanting to take it out on Western Michigan.
They're only giving 14. I think they will cover. I love this pick.

I also like Ole Miss to cover the 3 against BYU.
SEC home opener, Nutt's nuts are on the line.

I like Indiana and their new Kevin Wilson offense to cover the 6 against Ball State.

I like LSU giving 3.5 to Oregon.
Never pick a non-con against LSU in Baton Rouge.
Not that I think it will be a blow-out or anything close but 3.5 isn't much.

This is a shootout. Reminds me of the WAC.

Utah is going to have problems at QB this year (despite their starter Wynn returning). He looked pretty awful last night. I don't seem them winning more than 6 or 7 games. Of course that would still get them a spot in a bowl like the Holiday Bowl, which would be better than any bowl they could have made for winning the Mountain West. (excluding BCS bowls)

...and I think playing USC at the Coliseum next week will welcome the Utes to BCS competition pretty fast :wink:

Edit: Trojanchick beat me to it :)

I'm really looking forward to trying to avenge our loss in the '01 Vegas Bowl. That was one of the more miserable spectating experiences of my life.

The Pac-12 South is deceptively good this year. UofA should be pretty good, USC if we can keep people healthy and the O-Line doesn't let Barkley die should be good. Utah is always solid. ASU and UCLA could be good, but then again I don't have much faith in either of their coaching staffs so I will believe it when I see it. Colorado won't be good but they won't be WSU bad either.

Please TCU for the love of God PLEASE don't resort to pansy prevent bullshit now, like Baylor has for the whole quarter.

The most depressing thing about the loss is how it revealed the mediocrity of Pachall. NO pressure whatsoever, none, and you throw the ball into triple coverage on 3rd down in a four-down situation? Nuh uh. Not acceptable. Andy Dalton wasn't a genius, but he wouldn't have done anything that egregious.

I can't stand losing via interception. Especially under these circumstances. Too many Packers related nightmares.

Back
Top Bottom