College Football 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If there's anything I learned this week it's that the talent separation between a team like Florida and a team like UCF is not nearly as far as I once imagined. We could totally beat them.

Why is UT ranked? Just curious.

Also, I understand that Auburn has beaten a number of talented teams, but ranked 3-loss teams can't be common at this point in the season. I have no idea what to think of them.

Wow. Wisconsin. Wow. Penn State. Jeez.

Looks like the stars are 3/4ths of the way to a darkhorse Stanford bid for the NCG. Burn in hell, I say! Burn in hell! But they're almost there. Stanford, and their QB suffering from voice immodulation.

McGloin is better, but they only let him get a rhythm once this year (Northwestern). They always bring Bolden in, who may be the worst football player in history. Switching quarterbacks never works, anyway. Both would do better with a whole game to play, but McGloin is heads above Bolden. They only play Bolden because they're scared he'll transfer. Ruining a 4-star quarterback recruit doesn't bode well for future recruiting plays. In summary, we need Paul Jones to get his shit together. However...

Putting Moye in for that last drive (on a healing broken foot) made a huge difference. He's so good and opens up the other receivers because of the attention they give him. McG got it done with the full squad. Clutch shit from McWhiskey. Hide your girlfriends, he's going deep.

Nebraska will most likely win after the bye, but Ohio State and Wisconsin are winnable games for us.

wow. what a horrible story.

if this is how joe goes out, never thought this would be how it went down

This won't really affect Paterno. In fact, all it will probably mean is that it's going to be harder to find a replacement for him. Since Paterno did his legal obligation: report what he knew and then testify honestly under oath, there's nothing to be done with him.

This is really, really bad, though. This is a guy who advertises an athletic department under the slogan "Success with Honor." And he's covering up for this piece of shit? Yeah, I think my university is royally fucked.

ESPN link here.

Apparently a janitor and a grad student assistant witnessed separate acts of sexual assault ~10 years ago. How does nobody call the police right then and there?

This should be the end of the Curley era, but what then? Things won't be the same.

This just sucks. I don't know how to feel about my school and town right now.

I can't decide whether to be proud of the nearly 400 ywards of rushing offense TCU had today, or embarrassed by our 5 turnovers. I suppose, at this stage a win is a win. Anything to at least get us to Vegas this year. I think I'll lose my mind, if I have to watch another TCU Poinsettia Bowl.

I can't decide whether to be proud of the nearly 400 ywards of rushing offense TCU had today, or embarrassed by our 5 turnovers. I suppose, at this stage a win is a win. Anything to at least get us to Vegas this year. I think I'll lose my mind, if I have to watch another TCU Poinsettia Bowl.

If Utah makes it to Vegas Bowl as the team out of the Pac-12, I'll probably be going. TCU-Utah would be a pretty good matchup this year. Both teams are about equally sucky.

A company I used to work for always gives us free tickets. I've been to the last four Vegas Bowls in fact. Makes for a good excuse to escape down to Vegas for warmer weather and gambling, and rooms are dirt cheap the week before Christmas.

I don't think TCU is sucky exactly, but they definitely don't quite have it together.

I'm excited, though. We're playing WAY better than we did during Dalton's rookie season.

Yeah, I guess I should have said "comparatively sucky to last year". TCU was so good in 2010. I was really excited for them when they won the Rose Bowl. They are still pretty good this year....Patterson's teams are always competitive.

So we have had 2 polar opposite games on tonight. The snorefest over in SEC land and a shootout in the Big-12-2. All in all an entertaining day of football.

Oh and :lol: at ASU. They will always be chokers.

I cant figure out Oklahoma State, just when i think their Defense might be better than id previously thought, they let someone come in and damn near beat them. We blew Kansas State out last week on their home field. I guess we will find out for sure in a few weeks....if only we hadn't lost Dom Whaley and Ryan Broyles....we usually beat th pokes but it may be tougher this year than previous outings.

Penn State AD Tim Curley has resigned.

EDIT: Check that. He's taken a leave of absence. Much more in line with what I expected. This is not the place for decisive action.

Somehow I managed to completely miss what you guys were talking about yesterday...holy shit.

People here are instinctively jumping to Paterno's defense. Curley will fall. Spanier could as well. What happens with Paterno will be the most analyzed and talked about, though.

JoePa should be fired immediately. He was told if the 2002 incident and thought telling his AD was enough action? And Sandusky was still allowed to be around the program? And brought more kids to the facilities later on???

This whole incident is sickening. Everyone even remotely involved in the cover up should be canned, and that includes paterno himself.

I can't disagree. But everyone here is furiously defending Paterno for reasons I cannot fathom.

My future degree is losing value by the hour.

Embattled former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky continued to be a presence around the Penn State football program up to his arrest Saturday on child molestation charges, including working out multiple times in the team’s weight room just last week, according to multiple sources within the football program.

fire joe pa.

now.

he doesn't get to last the season. he doesn't get to last the week. fire him today.

Back
Top Bottom