College Football 2011 - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2011, 07:55 PM   #301
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:44 AM
Hey bros we're heading down to join the rally for a guy who let a known child molester hang around our college football team and our campus for over ten years!

Will there be beer?

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Old 11-08-2011, 08:08 PM   #302
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:44 AM
The prevailing feeling is that the national media is trying to make Paterno the bad guy and is ignoring the other players involved here. Spanier disappearing has a lot to do with that. People are trying to defend Joe from the national media. I know of hardly anyone who doesn't think he should do more.

I'm not saying I agree with it, but this was not some frat boy rally for Paterno with no thought behind it.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:23 PM   #303
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:44 PM
I think at this point the attention is on Paternoster because it feels like he's going to get out of this relatively unscathed. Or at least it did feel like it.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:36 PM   #304
Blue Crack Addict

What? He's got zero chance of coaching beyond this season. The only question is whether he's out tomorrow or in a couple of weeks.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:37 PM   #305
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I think at this point the attention is on Paternoster because it feels like he's going to get out of this relatively unscathed. Or at least it did feel like it.
Yeah, no, he's totally fucked.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:43 PM   #306
I hate this place

Local Time: 11:44 PM
something to take the edge off:

Facts and Chicks

nsfw
Old 11-08-2011, 08:46 PM   #307
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
What? He's got zero chance of coaching beyond this season. The only question is whether he's out tomorrow or in a couple of weeks.
Well, Spanier's career is ruined. McQueary is never going to get laid again in his life. Sandusky, Curley and Schultz will face their reckoning in court.

Paterno's career is over as well, but really, how much longer was he going to last anyway? The main thing he has to lose is his legacy, the last 10-15 years of which he decided were more important than protecting innocent children.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:49 PM   #308
Blue Crack Addict

I agree. I think as time goes by, people will understand that Joe had to go. This initial resistance is through the haze of not being able to believe it.

What a miserable time. A week ago I was excited about the prospect of playing for the Big Ten championship. Now I feel like I'm doing something wrong if I support the players, even though they didn't do anything. It's a lose-lose for everyone.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:53 PM   #309
Blue Crack Distributor

I think the last two posts were what I was trying to say. You were saying that it seemed like people were putting all of this on Paterno and I think it's more like, it's obvious the other guys are already fucked so now attentions turning to Paterno.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:56 PM   #310
Blue Crack Addict

Actually, it is not obvious that Spanier is fucked. That's the big issue. Nationally, everyone is talking Paterno. Here, everyone's wondering what the hell happened to Spanier. He canceled the press conference and disappeared. He has not spoken since he offered his unconditional support to Curley and Schultz. No one knows what Spanier's deal is because he's in hiding.

Apparently the Board of Trustees is meeting now, so shit could easily hit the fan within the next couple of hours. Paterno and Spanier could be gone tonight.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:02 PM   #311
Blue Crack Distributor

That's true about Spanner, I managed to forget about him as well, so I see where you're coming from.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:06 PM   #312
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
What a miserable time. A week ago I was excited about the prospect of playing for the Big Ten championship. Now I feel like I'm doing something wrong if I support the players, even though they didn't do anything. It's a lose-lose for everyone.
I think you and the rest of the student body can and should still support the players.

Who knows, after all this shit, once Saturday rolls around and you're about to kick off against Nebraska, support for the team (I'm talking about the guys actually taking the field) could be as high as it's ever been. Just because of everything that's happened. It'll be like "WE'RE STILL HERE, MOTHERFUCKERS!"

I think the school spirit will return very quickly. You took a huge punch, but it's not like you aren't still in the hunt for the B1G TEN title, ya know? You can still beat Nebraska. Your defense is still damn good.

It would be a nice story if the kids on the team pulled together after all this and actually did win it. Who do you play after Nebraska?
Old 11-08-2011, 09:07 PM   #313
Blue Crack Addict

Nebraska
at Ohio State
at Wisconsin

Hardest three games of the year with basically no coaching staff.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:12 PM   #314
Blue Crack Addict

Ohio St. is highly beatable.

The other two will be very tough but, like I said, just because of these crazy circumstances...who knows, something wild could happen this Saturday in the Happy Valley.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:15 PM   #315
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
I think you and the rest of the student body can and should still support the players.

Who knows, after all this shit, once Saturday rolls around and you're about to kick off against Nebraska, support for the team (I'm talking about the guys actually taking the field) could be as high as it's ever been. Just because of everything that's happened. It'll be like "WE'RE STILL HERE, MOTHERFUCKERS!"

I think the school spirit will return very quickly. You took a huge punch, but it's not like you aren't still in the hunt for the B1G TEN title, ya know? You can still beat Nebraska. Your defense is still damn good.

It would be a nice story if the kids on the team pulled together after all this and actually did win it. Who do you play after Nebraska?
Nebraska opened as a 2.5 point favorite and is now favored by 4.

Sure, emotion means a lot, but so does preparation, and it might be hard for players to pay attention to the coaches when they have just found out that none of them have testicles.

Tags
2011, college football, football, sports