College Football 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Andy Reid gimmick needs to pop in and rip Chip Kelly for his clock management.

First he sits on three timeouts because he wants to keep the hurry-up offense going, but then he puts on the brakes near the end zone and settles for a long field goal with an awful kicker. Jesus.

I want somehow to see Houston play for the title.
So lets have LSU pummel Arkansas, Auburn beat Bama, Oklahoma beat Okie aSt in 2 weeks after losing to ISU this week (otherwise the BCS would vault OK with 2 losses past an undefeated UH team), Virginia pound the Hokies, Notre Dame beat Stanford, Wyoming pull off a monumental upset of Boise and of course Houston beat Tulsa...that would be good fun.

Houston is going to lose, so they lost the conference. Boise loses the Mountain West to TCU with a TCU win over UNLV, so that would make TCU the best non-AQ.

However, they need to crack the top 16. Teams that, with a loss, would benefit TCU significantly:

#17 Baylor (vs. #22 UT)
#15 WIS (vs. #13 MSU)
#14 GA (vs. #1 LSU)
#13 MSU (vs. #15 WIS)
#11 KSU (vs. ISU)
#10 OU (vs. #3 OSU)

Gus Johnson is absolutely crushing the Wisconsin-MSU game.

And a MSU running-into-the-punter penalty robs Gus of an epic ending. Jesus Christ.

...bullshit. that's all I can say. Fucking hate this system so much. I never thought TCU deserved the BCS bowl, but the rules are the rules, and TCU should have moved up two spots. Georgia got murdered, Oklahoma got murdered, and MSU lost. I just don't understand.

And please don't think I'm only upset about TCU. Boise and OSU got fucked as well. Even in an AQ the system is bullshit.

had boise and/or osu took care of their business and not lost to lesser teams, they would be getting ready to play for a title.

it also matters when you lose. the later in the season you lose, the more it hurts in the rankings.

Back
Top Bottom