College Football 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
NY Times is reporting that the only question they are figuring out is when JoePa is out, not if.

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. — Joe Paterno’s tenure as coach of the Penn State football team will soon be over, perhaps within days or weeks, in the wake of a sex-abuse scandal that has implicated university officials, according to two people briefed on conversations among the university’s top officials.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that the 28 year old GA didn't immediately try to stop what was happening and/or call the police. I also think that while JoePa probably did the bare minimum of what he was legally mandated to do, he failed hard at being a decent human being. Don't even get me started on the AD and VP.

443715344.jpg

Here is someone burning his degree in front of Spanier's office.

Penn State has gotta write a new school song about how they don't diddle kids.

"Do not diddle kids, it's no good diddling kids. I wouldn't do it with anyone younger than my daughter. No little kids, gotta be big."

when it's all said and done, i would actually be shocked if the reasoning behind sandusky's sudden retirement in 1999 after long being thought of as the heir apparent to being the head coach at penn state is directly related to the 1998 investigation, and that joe paterno knew of allegations of abuse as early as 1998, if not earlier.

it will also come out that mcqueary was given a coaching job to stay quiet, and that the police waited to announce the details of this and move on sandusky until after paterno broke the record.

when it's all said and done, i would actually be shocked if the reasoning behind sandusky's sudden retirement in 1999 after long being thought of as the heir apparent to being the head coach at penn state is directly related to the 1998 investigation, and that joe paterno knew of allegations of abuse as early as 1998, if not earlier.

I think thats a foregone conclusion at this point...guy at the top of his profession at age 55 retiring with no obvious reason...now we know why...

What a weird ending for a college football legend. I was always convinced that Joe was going to drop dead on the sidelines before he retired or was let go.

What do those pictures mean?

Showing that there are a lot of white kids at an American university?

The first one is people gathered around TVs in the main student building on campus.

The second one is the media on the corner outside JoePa's house.

I just don't see how JoePa didn't know about this all along. The dude runs that university, let alone the football facility. Can't imagine anyone can just walk in and do what they want without him knowing.

He allowed his friend to do this to kids. The fact that this creep was allowed on campus, on the facilities even after TWO reported incidents is just disgusting. I'm sorry, even if Joe was told that it was just "inappropriate behavior", the fact he let his friend keep working there in some capacity means Joe should burn for this too.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that the 28 year old GA didn't immediately try to stop what was happening and/or call the police.

Totally agree. You walk into your place of work and see a child being raped. What is your first instinct? Mine would be to scream and yell and call 911 - not to think "Gee, I'll make sure and tell my boss when he comes in."

From SportsCenter, it looks like there's a rally outside Paterno's house right now. And it's not the kind with pitchforks and torches.

Back
Top Bottom