College Football 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

No spoken words

Blue Crack Supplier
Hahahahahaha, Lane Kiffin is reported to be the next USC coach.

I laugh because of all his talk and rhetoric about reviving the Volunteer program, etc....and he jumps after a year.

Tennessee couldn't have thought (at least 100%) that Kiffin was committed for the long haul. Could they?

He can sleep tonight knowing that he's still a better human being than John Calipari, if that's any consolation (because that's about all going for him right now).

I have a friend who goes to the University of Tennessee who just messaged me saying there are a bunch of riots going on down there. They've also apparently painted the UT Rock with a series of phrases involving "Fuck Lane Kiffin."

I'm happy with the hire, but seriously rioting? I mean he was like 7-6 last year. I totally understand them being pissed that he left after a year, but rioting pissed?

If he can pull off bringing in Chow, this will be a brilliant hire. Kiff and Orgeron are top notch recruiters and well Norm Chow and Monte Kiffin are like Xs and Os geniuses.

However, the local LA news found some entertaining tweets:

"It's like getting divorced from a stripper"
"At least he used a trojan to screw us"

Tennessee couldn't have thought (at least 100%) that Kiffin was committed for the long haul. Could they?

Um, I'm sure they figured they'd get more than a year though. Did you think he was leaving after one season? I hope you're just playing Devil's Advocate cos you were bored at the moment, cos there's no way you're justifying his departure. You're better than that.

I have a friend who goes to the University of Tennessee who just messaged me saying there are a bunch of riots going on down there. They've also apparently painted the UT Rock with a series of phrases involving "Fuck Lane Kiffin."

You don't say.

30mbgww.jpg

I'm sure Lane Kiffin is just using USC as a stepping stone to the NFL, Tom Cable's not gonna last long in Oaktown.

He'd be a fool to flee SC for the Raiders, unless sanctions get handed down (which might happen).

Let's not forget he's a lousy coach.

Lousy is putting it lightly. :wink: Four out of his five NFL wins came against teams under .500 including two teams that combined for 3 wins. Three out of his seven college wins came against teams that combined for 4 wins. When almost half (5) of your twelve wins come against teams with 7 combined wins, that's a sign of a terrible head coach. How any USC fan can be hopeful or excited is beyond me.

Definitely.

And Tennessee appears to be going after Coach Boom. Me no likey.

I much prefer penalizing guys for taunting by saying, "Fuck that guy, he's a dick, he's now on my shitlist" than anything actually involving a penalty. I'm disappointed I get to hate less now.

So, it's been a quiet offseason so far right?

Holy crap, today's been epic.

1) Oregon's Masoli is dismissed from team.
2) Nebraska leaves Big 12 for Big Televen.
3) This means the Pac-10 likely expands to Pac-16 (*with new name cause Oklahoma doesn't really scream Pacific now does it).
4) Finally after what seems like decades the NCAA is set to announce findings/sanctions against USC. (Likely to be moderate, 1 year bowl ban, vacate wins from '05, lose some scholies). Note* I'm cool with forgetting 2005 except for the Bush Push.

Phew. That's a busy fucking day.

Back
Top Bottom