College Football 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did I mention:

1852222471.jpg

Holy crap. What a day.

Dammit, Utah.

Serious congrats to him on that one.

So, we're still 3rd, no shock, but within 40 of Auburn on one poll and within 4 in the other.

I'm going to allow myself some excitement.

The last two games have actually been fun to watch, which I couldn't say for the first 12 home games I saw as a student. And look at that, we're back in the top 30.

McGLOIN.

Impy, if you are out there, you've got a bunch of dumb ass inbred rednecks coming to town on saturday. No i don't mean the Longhorn fans either, im talking about the okla state cowboys. They're led by a 30 year old hick who formerly played professional baseball, perhaps the best WR in the country who also happens to drive very fast while under the influence of alcohol (*we were all in love with dying we were doing it in texas*), and Coach Gumby {*THATS GARBAGE*} who's cowpokes haven't won in Austin in 40 years {*IM A MAN! IM 40!*}.

Now honestly, i dont see Mack Brown losing 6 games this year. This is the perfect opportunity for you guys to win a big game at home against a tough opponent. Please, Impy, please go to your palace on saturday night and make so much mother fucking noise that the poor cowpokes wont know their X's from O's. Please go stomp a mudhole in their ass, send Dez Bryant's agent to their lockerroom with hookers & booze, etc. Put visine in their gatorade coolers, whatever it takes, I don't really care. Just WIN!

Today was NOT good for TCU. SDSU is technically the #27 team in the country, and they still won, but it was close, and Boise (on purpose) killed Idaho and still have a ranked team to play this season. Add to that Baylor and Utah losing today and I'm starting to lose my hope.

But, man, I'm excited about Nevada and Fresno joining the MWC (along with Boise of course). I figured that would be a close game, but 35-34 is just nuts. Here's to Nevada taking Boise out :wink:

Absolutely absurd...and what about the people who bought tix sitting in the east end zone?
Now they pay big money to see zero action??
I'd be writing a strongly worded letter if I were one of those fans.

That's just bullshit. Especially when they made the east end zone look pretty ok.

In other news, Go Fresno.

The only thing that depresses me about this game is that the golden boys of the SEC are being embarrassed by another SEC team.

Auburn is the only undefeated team with holes.

Vegas had Alabama as a 4-point favorite. Sagarin's real ratings had Alabama ranked over Auburn. They know what's up.

Wow. Such immense fail by Alabama this half, I can't quite believe it.

The announcers' needed to plug how awesome the SEC was every other fucking sentence. I wanted to throw a knife through my television.

Ugh. That Auburn-Alabama game was painful to watch. I think that put the nail in the coffin for the non-AQ's chances. Arizona and Oregon State do not have the firepower to beat Oregon nor does South Carolina against Auburn. Shame too because Auburn looks like the weakest of the undefeated teams. Hopefully the fourth place finisher (likely TCU) gets a BCS invitation so there a chance for two statement wins.

They'll just pit Boise and TCU against each other again to avoid any chance either one embarasses a "power" school.

Isn't there a rule where if Oregon goes to the national championship then the Rose Bowl has to take the highest ranked non-AQ? Would they pass on the Big Ten winner and Stanford for the other non-AQ? I suppose we might see just how desperate the bowls are to protect those "power" schools.

I suppose we might see just how desperate the bowls are to protect those "power" schools.
Not the power schools, the power conferences. They could give two shits about the actual school, it's all about what conference you're in. You're in an AQ or you're an annoyance, a fluke. Gordon Gee might as well start running the BCS.

/and I'm a Big Ten student

Nice comeback by Auburn, but I stand by my earlier statements. Auburn has an awful habit of digging themselves deep before getting it together, and you can't pull that shit with solid teams like Oregon, TCU and Boise State. Oregon is especially dangerous in the second half themselves, and will bury Auburn in those situations. TCU and Boise State's defenses probably would keep them around 24 points or so, and that places their lackluster defense in a precarious position. I am certain they are the weakest of the top 4, and the fact that they're #2 can be chalked up to SEC politics.

What infuriated me the most about the game was how scripted it felt. If there was ever any reason to believe football as a whole is fixed, that drama-over-skill, laughably polarized game really made it seem probable. I called an Auburn comeback halfway through the second quarter, with the final drive deciding the victor. And people who have read my posts know I'm no genius, so this can be blamed solely on Alabama's testicle-free, Redskin-esque prevent scheme. Playing not to lose = loss, every time.

In other news, Boise is blowing my mind lately. Oregon/Boise doesn't seem like a terribly likely championship at this point, but it would be a winner.

Well, it's time for Cincinnati Auburn to embarrass the BCS in the National Championship game. Anything not to have to deal with the fact that a Non-AQ is better than an SEC team. And no, I'm not talking about TCU. I know for myself that they're being fucked, but whatever, I'm over it at this point. Give Boise what one of these two school's fucking deserve.

I'm tired of the fucking NCAA. I really am. What a way to teach students about the world. "The only way you're going to a bowl game is if the other schools with an equal record to yours lose. You're never getting a chance to play them to prove you're as good, and there's nothing you can ever do to be #1, but hey, if everyone else fails, you can reap from their success."

Playoff.

They need to get rid of pre-season rankings or any sort of deal until the 4th week. It's harder to ascend the polls than it is to fall down, and it's bullshit.

What's killing me is that TCU has done nothing wrong, but because all of their difficult games are now over, they're fucked. How the hell does that work?

I mean, is anyone watching this game? IF TCU kicks the shit out of New Mexico tomorrow, and Boise jumps them after this shit, I'll just die a little inside.

Back
Top Bottom