College Football 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep. The defensive playcalling was so horrific that it didn't matter though. Don't handle an offense with kid gloves when their back is to the wall.

Anyway, fuck Boise. They get a free ride for the next 11 weeks, but the idiotic penalties and overall sloppy execution they showed tonight won't win them another Fiesta Bowl.

Interesting, I saw far more sloppy execution and idiotic play calling on the other side of the field. To each their own.

While we're on the subject of cheerleaders, there was a Virginia Tech cheerleader that was in numerous shots tonight who absolutely terrified me. Her face looked like it had been contorted by the Joker's smiley laughing gas.

Interesting, I saw far more sloppy execution and idiotic play calling on the other side of the field. To each their own.

What befuddles me is the final "drive" for Va. Tech.
They get the ball with roughly a minute to go, down 3, at the 35, needing about 35 yards for a legit long field goal attempt, with 2 timeouts and on 4 successive plays, instead of trying to move down the field, they are looking for 4 home run bombs of 40-50 yards, resulting in 3 incompletions and a sack.
They were acting like there were only 10 seconds on the clock.

They also went for the home run on third and eight the prior drive when running the ball would have taken an additional 30 seconds off the clock, a bad move in my book. Of course, then you've got the waived block in the back and the bullshit late hit call, so I don't know what to make of this game.

Right here, enjoying the first legitimate tune-up game FSU's had in a long while, even with a noon start time. What the fuck is up with that shit? Oklahoma's gonna be a dogfight, I'm just holding out hope that the defense shows up. Seeing Florida stumble also made me smile. And how about Jacksonville State? It almost makes me feel less terrible about them almost beating FSU last year. Thank the maker it was against a team from the Mighty SEC.

How psyched are you for Monday night? That's gonna be a great game. Shame our teams don't meet this year.

Super-psyched! Despite the chaos we had to crawl through to actually get to our seats (one in our group was handicapped, and we were sent walking to 6 different gates around the stadium to get special seating tickets. wtf.) it was an awesome game. I saw a lot of sloppy playing on both ends of the field.

There's a little saying we have, "Every time VT loses, it's Stinespring's fault. Every time they win, it's Foster's doing." Which usually holds true, but the defense was embarrassing to watch. I hope this doesn't color the rest of the season. I'm also really tired of telling everyone outside the ACC how great the Hokies are when it seems like they choke every season opener.

Could Boise St make the national championship this year? It's quite possible. Apparently there's some sort of "curse", that whichever team VT plays in the opener, is the next team to make it to the championship game. Let's see if the Broncos can ride this one.

BTW, I was really surprised to find our teams weren't playing each other this season!
I'm rooting for Virginia Tech and I don't really know why.

Cos you love me?

I was mainly wanting a good game, but, was also pulling for Virginia Tech, mostly cos of Unico.

:koss:

BTW, I was really surprised to find our teams weren't playing each other this season!

V Tech losing means that everyone will be jumping on the Miami bandwagon even sooner.

Two seasons in a row, too.

Realized I forgot to post the polls today. Even if y'all probably already looked them over, here you go:

zveydj.jpg

How the hell did we get a #1 vote?

V Tech losing means that everyone will be jumping on the Miami bandwagon even sooner.

Two seasons in a row, too.

After this Boise St. game, I think the Miami game is going to be the most important game for VT this season.

I know right? I was shocked last year, too. I really really hope next year's schedule is better...I suppose it can't get worse.

VT takes on JMU on Saturday. JMU students go to their own games for the marching band, not the team.

Some say Boise State are a gimmick team with a soft schedule, but there was nothing Hokie about their huge win Monday night.

Well, you can blame Florida's second half on me. No matter: it's tailgate time, bitches. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAW!

I think GT might need a nod over in the D-Bags of sports thread. Regardless, worst football game I've ever seen right there.

DA U and DA Ohio State University are among DA biggest d-bags in college, but I have to cheer for someone. tOSU losing would make my day.

Brian Kelly and the Notre Dames aren't blowing my mind, but this is probably the most competitive game on right now.

"James Madison's best work since the Federalist Papers". Quote the ESPN sportscasterdude nevermore.

Back
Top Bottom