College Football 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...OK, back to Notre Dame/Purdue.

Has anyone mentioned that Notre Dame has an illustrious football program that Brian Kelly will undoubtedly return to prominence? I learned this within 5 minutes of first turning the game on.

"What will happen in the Brian Kelly era?"
"A sure sign of the beginning of the Brian Kelly era."
"Will be right back with Notre Dame football as they enter the Brian Kelly era."
"This is just one of the many new plays Notre Dame has to offer under the Brian Kelly era."

Who's Notre Dame's coach again?

I had hoped this game would delay the Brian Kelly era.

"OK, fuckos, it's time for the Brian Kelly era!"
"Watch how they handle the run the Brian Kelly era!"
"Watch how they handle a 20 point deficit in the Brian Kelly era!"
"Wait for it...just, wait...it's...it's coming. It's always the least Brian Kelly era before the Brian Kelly era."

96 yard drive for Michigan, 7-0 lead early on.

I'll take it.

Looks like Rich Rodriguez has good players who fit his system now, but it still makes me sad that Michigan is ditching a system that attracted/produced QBs like Jim Harbaugh, Elvis Grbac, Todd Collins, Brian Griese, Tom Brady and Chad Henne.

I just don't see the same chemistry they used to have. I haven't since Rodriguez got here. Lots of negatives...

Plus, I don't think we'll ever see quarterbacks like Elvis Grbac, Todd Collins, Brian Griese, Tom Brady, John Navarre, Chad Henne.... Kind of sad to me...but maybe i'm old school.

Though it is nice to see a good start for our offensive line. :D

edit: Next week is the test.

BTW, I am ridiculously excited that The Zoltan will be playing for the Patriots.

I'm being serious.....Mallett might be a bit of a mess off the fiend but the dude had a great season last year and he is a pocket passer that came to Michigan out of HS. They don't hire RR, he doesn't leave. When RR is gone, we'll have drop back passers again.

I think we're on the same page...my post just wasn't clear enough. I know Mallett was at Michigan and left. And I know his stats last year. 3,000 something yards, 30 tds and like 7 or 9 ints. And I also know we sucked last year...and Tate Forcier was NOT a 30 td, 7 int guy...

Your last point is exactly what my point was. Until RR is gone, we won't see a drop back passer. And I don't like it. I miss Lloyd.

I don't miss Lloyd at all. The game passed Lloyd in the late 80's.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: if I had a son, I'd want him to play for Carr because I think he'd become a better man. But I don't want the man coaching my football team.

YLB where are you? I need another friend to talk ACC to.

Right here, enjoying the first legitimate tune-up game FSU's had in a long while, even with a noon start time. What the fuck is up with that shit? Oklahoma's gonna be a dogfight, I'm just holding out hope that the defense shows up. Seeing Florida stumble also made me smile. And how about Jacksonville State? It almost makes me feel less terrible about them almost beating FSU last year. Thank the maker it was against a team from the Mighty SEC.

How psyched are you for Monday night? That's gonna be a great game. Shame our teams don't meet this year.

BYU. I generally will cheer for Utah until they play BYU. If I begin to find U fans insufferable during the season, I'll start cheering against them.

2 more weeks, kemosabe.

Right here, enjoying the first legitimate tune-up game FSU's had in a long while, even with a noon start time. What the fuck is up with that shit? Oklahoma's gonna be a dogfight, I'm just holding out hope that the defense shows up. Seeing Florida stumble also made me smile. And how about Jacksonville State? It almost makes me feel less terrible about them almost beating FSU last year. Thank the maker it was against a team from the Mighty SEC.

How psyched are you for Monday night? That's gonna be a great game. Shame our teams don't meet this year.

2 more weeks, kemosabe.

we were absolute shit last night. Our QB was way too nervous, our line didnt block well enough for him, and Utah State shredded our secondary. In fact, Utah State had more offense than we did. We did somehow stop the run and pick them off a couple of times. Also Demarco Murray ran for 200+ yards, which saved our ass. Other than that, we'd have blown that 21-0 lead and lost the game.

so freaking glad boise is kicking the shit out of tech (who i have never liked)

pour it on

don't want them playing for a national title though

Boise State absolutely dominating VaTech in DC, this is so much fun to watch.

I think I like VaTech's uniforms.

And this Ryan Williams kid is good, huh?

And Musburger really wants Boise State to win.

You know the deal with Brent, right?

He loves to bet on the games, and you can usually tell if he gambled on the game he's calling.

That was a long TD run. On 3rd and 1, too.

When in the fuck are teams going to stop going for 2 until they absolutely have to???

The only thing that bothers me more is punting from inside the opponents 40 and shit.

Back
Top Bottom