College Football 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bring it Peef? I try to support IU, but I just can't.

Meanwhile. New uniforms! Again! And the fan shirts are pretty sweet as well.

Only postable pic I can find:
NikeUnis-pi_20100901144706_660_320.JPG

Annnnnd, website with many more pictures:

http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/usnikefootball/en_US/rivalries2010?uniform?id=tcu

I don't know, a lot of reactions I'm reading, former BYU students included, are considering this to be one of the most foolish decisions evar. Why move from what would easily have become an AQ divison to an independent who turned their back on both the MWC and the WAC and is going to have to find schools to schedule out an entire season with (when a lot of the big name schools already have their out of conference schedules for 2011 set) for at least two more years before they inevitably sign on with another conference. There's just no way this turns out good for BYU. Imo anyways.

Interesting. Yeah, no one is saying that here. Local press is loving it, as are fans. I've actually yet to meet someone in person who thinks it's a bad idea. Granted, BYU has been dealing with the frustrations Boise State is now facing since the '80's, so it's not too surprising that most fans are sick of remaining in conferences that get crap bowl games, and very little national coverage. We'll see how it all pans out in the next few years. Could be a mess, could be great.

I'm just happy I only have to watch games on "The Mountain" for one more year. What a TERRIBLE channel and idea.

Interesting. Yeah, no one is saying that here. Local press is loving it, as are fans. I've actually yet to meet someone in person who thinks it's a bad idea. Granted, BYU has been dealing with the frustrations Boise State is now facing since the '80's, so it's not too surprising that most fans are sick of remaining in conferences that get crap bowl games, and very little national coverage. We'll see how it all pans out in the next few years. Could be a mess, could be great.

I'm just happy I only have to watch games on "The Mountain" for one more year. What a TERRIBLE channel and idea.

I worked for the MTN a bit, which meant, in turn, I watched a great deal of it, I always kind of enjoyed it, though it was incredibly repetitive. It's a newer channel, it needs time, and better teams honestly, to really get things going.

Bring it Peef? I try to support IU, but I just can't.

Meanwhile. New uniforms! Again! And the fan shirts are pretty sweet as well.

Only postable pic I can find:
NikeUnis-pi_20100901144706_660_320.JPG

Annnnnd, website with many more pictures:

Nike Pro Combat Uniforms - Nike Football

Interesting. The VT uniform is supposed to honor the Corps of Cadets, which is quite obvious, since the football and cadet uniforms are practically identical. The other team may mistake the drum major for a quarterback.

procombat2010.jpg

As a former cadet, it's nice to see some support coming from the team. There's been some controversy about the program in the past.

YLB where are you? I need another friend to talk ACC to.

Are there any other Big Ten people other than Dalton? NSW no longer counts.

I have followed, albeit quietly, the Hoosiers a good part of my life, you can probably understand my football silence.

Edit: and I realize it appears that I'm contradicting my above post, but I was mostly joking earlier.

I have followed, albeit quietly, the Hoosiers a good part of my life, you can probably understand my football silence.

Edit: and I realize it appears that I'm contradicting my above post, but I was mostly joking earlier.
You'll always have Bobby Knight's sweaters.

BYU. I generally will cheer for Utah until they play BYU. If I begin to find U fans insufferable during the season, I'll start cheering against them.

Are there any other Big Ten people other than Dalton? NSW no longer counts.

I have had the, um, pleasure of living in Big Ten land since 1991. Four cities that cover five schools - and now two divisions.

I proudly watched the Gopher/Middle Tennessee State game on ESPN U tonight and was happy with the outcome.

You see, I knew there were other Big Ten people, but I live comparably to single Don Draper so forgive me if my memory's a little spotty.

Speaking of which, I better start tailgating for tomorrow's PSU home opener.

Hawaii got lei'd out.

Seriously, their head coach wears a lei. Looks like GAF's kind of school.

Yeah, that game was ugly.

On the bright side, Matt Barkley, Marc Tyler and Ronald Johnson looked very good. Unfortuantely, that was against the worst defense we will see all year. Although, I'm still optimistic about the offense this year.

The defense however apparently went to the ucla school of tackling. God that was ugly. I understand that USC is not as deep as they normally are, but something needs to be done. And that secondary was just ugly.

I really disliked Pete Carroll, that smug bastard, but they somehow managed to top that with Lane Kiffin. Fuck that guy, seriously.

Happy holiday, folks. Looks like my 11 o'clock slate will have me flipping back and forth between the Illini, the Piffany Lions, and the Fightin' YLBs. Call it Interference reconnaissance.

The Illini were really missing the JUICE! today. The defense looked periodically good though. I had fun with that game.

Currently watching Texas/Rice, waiting for the levee to break. Notre Dame/Purdue is probably the game to watch, but every time ND is praised (disproportionate to their on-field play), I gag.

Back
Top Bottom