College Football 2010 - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login

Old 11-26-2010, 03:51 PM   #376
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:20 PM
Vegas had Alabama as a 4-point favorite. Sagarin's real ratings had Alabama ranked over Auburn. They know what's up.

Old 11-26-2010, 05:53 PM   #377
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Wow. Such immense fail by Alabama this half, I can't quite believe it.

Old 11-26-2010, 06:19 PM   #378
Blue Crack Addict

The announcers' needed to plug how awesome the SEC was every other fucking sentence. I wanted to throw a knife through my television.
Old 11-26-2010, 06:32 PM   #379
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:20 PM
ESPN is calling this game

Quote:
SHOCK AND AWE
It was a stunning turnaround in Tuscaloosa as Auburn shocked Alabama.
The Tigers erased a 24-0 deficit en route to a 28-27 win to remain unbeaten.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:24 PM   #380
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Ugh. That Auburn-Alabama game was painful to watch. I think that put the nail in the coffin for the non-AQ's chances. Arizona and Oregon State do not have the firepower to beat Oregon nor does South Carolina against Auburn. Shame too because Auburn looks like the weakest of the undefeated teams. Hopefully the fourth place finisher (likely TCU) gets a BCS invitation so there a chance for two statement wins.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:36 PM   #381
Blue Crack Addict

Big Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
Hopefully the fourth place finisher (likely TCU) gets a BCS invitation so there a chance for two statement wins.
They'll just pit Boise and TCU against each other again to avoid any chance either one embarasses a "power" school.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:47 PM   #382
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
They'll just pit Boise and TCU against each other again to avoid any chance either one embarasses a "power" school.
Isn't there a rule where if Oregon goes to the national championship then the Rose Bowl has to take the highest ranked non-AQ? Would they pass on the Big Ten winner and Stanford for the other non-AQ? I suppose we might see just how desperate the bowls are to protect those "power" schools.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:21 PM   #383
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
I suppose we might see just how desperate the bowls are to protect those "power" schools.
Not the power schools, the power conferences. They could give two shits about the actual school, it's all about what conference you're in. You're in an AQ or you're an annoyance, a fluke. Gordon Gee might as well start running the BCS.

/and I'm a Big Ten student
Old 11-26-2010, 11:19 PM   #384
The Male

Nice comeback by Auburn, but I stand by my earlier statements. Auburn has an awful habit of digging themselves deep before getting it together, and you can't pull that shit with solid teams like Oregon, TCU and Boise State. Oregon is especially dangerous in the second half themselves, and will bury Auburn in those situations. TCU and Boise State's defenses probably would keep them around 24 points or so, and that places their lackluster defense in a precarious position. I am certain they are the weakest of the top 4, and the fact that they're #2 can be chalked up to SEC politics.

What infuriated me the most about the game was how scripted it felt. If there was ever any reason to believe football as a whole is fixed, that drama-over-skill, laughably polarized game really made it seem probable. I called an Auburn comeback halfway through the second quarter, with the final drive deciding the victor. And people who have read my posts know I'm no genius, so this can be blamed solely on Alabama's testicle-free, Redskin-esque prevent scheme. Playing not to lose = loss, every time.

In other news, Boise is blowing my mind lately. Oregon/Boise doesn't seem like a terribly likely championship at this point, but it would be a winner.

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:24 PM   #385
Blue Crack Distributor

Well, it's time for Cincinnati Auburn to embarrass the BCS in the National Championship game. Anything not to have to deal with the fact that a Non-AQ is better than an SEC team. And no, I'm not talking about TCU. I know for myself that they're being fucked, but whatever, I'm over it at this point. Give Boise what one of these two school's fucking deserve.

I'm tired of the fucking NCAA. I really am. What a way to teach students about the world. "The only way you're going to a bowl game is if the other schools with an equal record to yours lose. You're never getting a chance to play them to prove you're as good, and there's nothing you can ever do to be #1, but hey, if everyone else fails, you can reap from their success."

Playoff.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:56 AM   #386
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:20 PM
They need to get rid of pre-season rankings or any sort of deal until the 4th week. It's harder to ascend the polls than it is to fall down, and it's bullshit.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:00 AM   #387
Blue Crack Distributor

What's killing me is that TCU has done nothing wrong, but because all of their difficult games are now over, they're fucked. How the hell does that work?
Old 11-27-2010, 01:43 AM   #388
The Male

TCU owes Boise's kicker a fruit basket. Don't play like pansies tomorrow. Fucking conquer.

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:44 AM   #389
Blue Crack Distributor

I mean, is anyone watching this game? IF TCU kicks the shit out of New Mexico tomorrow, and Boise jumps them after this shit, I'll just die a little inside.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:48 AM   #390
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
TCU owes Boise's kicker a fruit basket. Don't play like pansies tomorrow. Fucking conquer.
I can't believe he missed that.

This game is epic.