College Football 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure how I feel about this Pac-16 thing. Nebraska? Fuck em. Good riddance. But the Big XII is a pretty good situation for Texas until we get our own network (don't scoff, this is likely). I guess we'll see how everything shakes out Friday. aggy really thinks the SEC wants them and only them. High comedy.

As for USC? Justice is served.

vacate wins from '05

Feel free to keep the loss.

brown_mack_trophy.jpg

So the Big XII is just dissolving entirely? I have no idea what led up to this. Sixteen teams in one conference sounds like a major clustercuss. There shouldn't be more than 12, and even then, they should be in separate divisions.

My understanding is the eight teams in either division (ASU and U of A joining the six Big XII teams) would play solely in their division each year, with the two champs meeting in the Pac 16 CCG. But I might be way off.

EDIT: I am sort of way off:

he new conference would be split into divisions with Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Colorado forming an Eastern Division with Arizona and Arizona State opposite the former Pac-8 (USC, UCLA, Stanford, Washington, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington and Washington State) in the Western Division.

The [anonymous Big XII] coach said it's possible the Pac-16 would push for two automatic bids to the BCS, one for each division champion. That potential bonanza could open the possibility of the two division champs from one league playing for the national title, and it would eliminate the need for a conference championship game.

No CCG and two automatic bids? Since it makes the road to MNC's easier, I'm sort of for it. If every conference isn't going to have a CCG, may as well pull a Big 10 and get a direct route to the 'ship every year. As long as OU doesn't get said route.

Plus we get the two hottest pom squads in the NCAA together at last:

cheerleaders-university-texas-pom-squad.jpg

usc-song-girls.jpg

The moves suck for Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State and Baylor but this was a long time coming. They should have anticipated that Nebraska and Colorado might eventually leave to more suitable conferences and that they were handing Texas all the power in the Big 12. The conference was doomed from the moment that the Big Ten seriously considered expansion. The schools being left out dug their own graves.

On the positive side I cannot wait for Iowa-Nebraska, Texas-USC, Oklahoma-Arizona State and so on. This should be great. :up:

I wish Penn State was in a better conference.

With a Big Ten Conference record of 81-47, PSU hasn't really "torn up" the Big Ten. Since they began Big Ten play in '93, PSU has won one outright conference championship and shared two.

So, Colorado to Pac 10, Nebraska to Big Ten, rumors of A&M to the SEC, and Texas and OU to the Pac 10. Looks like we could be saying adios to the Big 12 soon.

with USC in trouble and Masoli out in Oregon, this small 1 or 2 year window before expansion will UAs best chance to make it to a Rose Bowl.

would have been nice to see it before i die

SEC poaching VT, Miama, and FSU wouldn't surprise me one bit.

I hear they're also checking out Maryland. Which has me confused. I thought this was just for football programs? Or am I stupid and ignorant to the fact that it includes all sports in the school? If not the latter, then why the hell would anyone want the Terps?

It would include all sports

Ok, gotcha. I don't know why I didn't think it would. It wouldn't make sense to have different sports in different conferences. I think I was just misunderstanding because all of the articles I've read and the broadcasts on ESPN just talk about football.

Then I can't crack my "SEC's overrated" jokes anymore.

I know. We're going to have to pick a new super-conference to crack on.

Back
Top Bottom