College Football 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And the new logo. :lol:

28l3s7l.jpg

How do they name one division "Legends" and not put Joe Paterno in that division?:huh:

And Michigan has that whole "Leaders and best" lyric in their fight song. They are of course in the Legends division.

The division names are horrid.

I do think it's cool they named the championship trophy after Joe Pa. That's cool.

i haven't seen a picture of the trophy yet, is it of an old dude pooping himself?

Basically DJK was living with a drug dealer, he got caught with drugs, and admitted to using, so he's off the team.

Jewel Hampton, who was out for the the year with a torn acl (2nd time in 2 years) had an incident back in June that got him suspended for the 1st game of the year, and had another incident (which isn't being reported) and he's being able to save face by transferring.

Adam Robinson was suspended for the 1st Q of the OSU game because of school/grade issues, and is being reported that he still hasn't gotten things up to snuff (though he is eligible, just isn't putting forth the effort coach wants), and is suspended for the bowl game, but is welcome back to the team for next year if he wants.

There are no other suspensions to talk about at this time, though there's still 14 more days till the game, so anything can happen.

The press conference basically admitted that there may be some changes to the drug testing program they run, as there appears to be some loop holes (like a guy living with a drug dealer and doing drugs passing tests). The AD and KF stated that even if a player fails a test, the first step is counseling and getting him help, and that doesn't mean he can't compete in games if he has had a clean slate prior to the failed test.

They will not disclose who's failed, who's refused to take tests, etc.

So a lot of rumors going around, and they turned out to be false in regards to player suspensions (at one point 23 players were rumored to be ineligible).

What i took out of it, players did fail, but none of them had any prior issues, so it's giong to be kept in house. If they screw up again between now and when they graduate, they're gone. The three players who were mentioned had nothing to do with each other and were indeed poorly timed incidents with the drug bust.

Still, in the past four years there's been drugs, theft, rape, and assult charges all against this football team. Kirk Ferentz is a stand up guy, but part of me wonders if there's just a poor culture in Iowa City that leads these guys to drugs or problems with booze. Maybe Iowa City police have it out for players where other college towns tend to hush hush some of the problems players get in to.

Either way, at least Iowa won't be playing a bunch of walk ons in the bowl game. Which that might be a bad thing too considering how the team fucking quit after it lost to fucking Northwestern for like the 5th year in a row.

The rumor was that twenty-three failed a drug test, which still could be true if it's being kept in-house like you said.

Not a great year for the Iowa program, though. Although you guys did embarrass us. Again.

Some teams (like Penn State) run an offense that plays into Iowa's strength on defense. Wisconsin and MSU are two other schools, which is why Iowa either has great success against those schools, or keeps the score close.

Against the spread teams, like Northwestern, Indiana, and others, Iowa gets spread out with LB's covering larger portion of the field and they do just enough to beat the Hawkeyes.

I do think Penn State would have put up a better fight later in the year. Tough enviornment to play in earlier in the year and with a freshman QB.

Paterno clearly made the wrong choice at QB to start the season. McGloin's just better than Bolden, who has no feel for the pocket.

And Penn State's offensive playcalling is shit.

I'm ever so psyched to watch BYU play against the powerhouse, UTEP, this Saturday.

The greatest part of that Oregon uniform was that I was scrolling down, so it was slowly unveiled for me and my response was "Hey, that's not too bad...there uniforms have been worse...oh wow, it's just straight up white, well it still looks pretty snaz--oh my god yellow."

I've gone through all five stages of grief thanks to Muschamp. Now I'm just hungry.

Hey Impy, been a tough year for you understandably. What do you think the chances are of Gilbert being the starting QB next year....or is Case McCoy anywhere near ready? Or are they thinking of someone else entirely?

Anyone else happen upon the 1-AA (FCS) semifinal currently on ESPN2 between Eastern Washington and Villanova?

If you thought Boise's blue field was gawdy, check out EWU's field...oy vey.

10atwpRedTurfFirstPractice6641.jpg

Back
Top Bottom