College Football 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
all this past week and yesterday, everybody was talking about how boise was going to be #1 in the bcs poll. this was before the texas game.

so oklahoma became #1 because they beat texas and texas beat nebraska?

all this past week and yesterday, everybody was talking about how boise was going to be #1 in the bcs poll. this was before the texas game.

so oklahoma became #1 because they beat texas and texas beat nebraska?

i dunno, its probably that and a combination of how we beat Iowa State, Florida State. We've beaten 3 ranked teams this year in Florida State, Air Force, & Texas. Last night we had 672 yards of total offense.

AF got their second loss yesterday so they dropped out, FSU is only a 1 loss team still. Texas is back in the Top 25 after beating the Cornhuskers.

im not so sure i like the bullseye this early on in the season, especially facing an undefeated Missouri team on the road next week...

I've calmed significantly since initially seeing the BCS rankings, but suffice it to say, I was unhappy. Not so much about TCU, but the combination of the screwing that Oregon, Boise and TCU collectively took.

I've calmed significantly since initially seeing the BCS rankings, but suffice it to say, I was unhappy. Not so much about TCU, but the combination of the screwing that Oregon, Boise and TCU collectively took.

You don't remember that BCS stand for "Big Conference System"

As much as Boise and TCU need the AQ unbeatens to lose, I think losses by those teams earlier rather than later could be the worst case scenario. It will force voters to make some major choices that could change college football. I am not sure they are ready to pull that trigger. If the coaches (or realistically their assistants) and Harris Poll voters are faced, in the final few weeks of the BCS, with the very real possibility of a Boise or TCU in the national championship what will they do? TCU almost got in last year because with Texas and the SEC no one really expected it to happen. If voters see a non-AQ with a great shot do they drop them in the polls out of personal interest or bias? That is why TCU and Boise should hope Oklahoma gets beaten in the Big 12 Championship and the others quite late as well.

Announced moments ago..

PAC-12 North

CAL
Stanford
Washington
Washington State
Oregon
Oregon State

PAC-12 South

Arizona
Arizona State
UCLA
USC
Colorado
Utah

In 2011, play all within same division plus 4 from other; division championship decided by winner of specific division, HOMEFIELD advantage to team with better record, head to head tie-breakers, etc....*SC excluded from 1st championship game due to probation (can't advance)

Should be noted that USC/UCLA will play Stanford/Cal annually.

Also, the revenue sharing system was altered in order to get this particular alignment pushed through.

espn-300x100-1949.jpg

Shit, I dunno. I never really thought about it.

Things mankind needs to survive:

1. Water
2. Air
3. Nondescript pieces of fabric with the Longhorn logo awkwardly photoshopped onto them.

1. Oregon
2. Boise State
3. Auburn
4. TCU
5. Missouri
6. Alabama
7. Michigan State (how in fucking hell are they ahead of Missouri??)
8. Oklahoma
9. Utah
10. Wisconsin

Just IMO. Auburn would get slammed by Boise, possibly TCU, especially with that lackluster defense, but it's impossible to deny that the win over LSU was awesome.

Oregon is, by far, playing the best football in the NCAA right now. They are the deserved #1. I am baffled that Auburn is being crowned as such.

Whoever's the team du jour in the SEC will get the benefit of the doubt because of the conference's prestige. I think that a Boise/Auburn matchup would be a barnburner like the Arkansas game.

Also, Cam Newton's the shit.

What the fuck is wrong with the BCS?

Nothing, its functioning perfectly as it is designed to reward only teams from the 6 so called power conferences(and Notre Dame, snicker, like that'll ever come into play again).
The BCS will do everything in its power to keep Boise and TCU out of the title game.
They'll "reward" them by letting them play each other again in the Fiesta Bowl , a BCS game, but they can't be allowed to play one of the schools from the big 6 conferences for fear of a repeat of Oklahoma/Boise from the 2007 Fiesta Bowl which would prove they are better than the teams that will ultimately land ahead of them in the BCS standings.

Prediction, final 2010 BCS standings:

1. Alabama: 12-1 (wins SEC title game)
2. Oklahoma 11-2 (wins Big 12 title game)
3. Oregon: 11-1 (Pac 10 champ, 1 loss is to ineligible USC, so doesn't count much)
4. Ohio St 10-2 (Big 10 champ)
5. Virginia Tech: 10-3 (wins ACC title game)
6. Syracuse: 8-4 (surprise Big LEast champ)
7: Notre Dame: 5-7 (hey its Notre Dame, and losing to Navy and Army isn't that bad this year)
8. Florida: 8-5 (SEC title game loser)
9. Auburn: 11-1 (Late season loss to Bama stings)
10. Boise State: 12-0
11. TCU: 12-0
12. LSU: 9-3 (SEC rules, all others drool)

he was probably a Texas fan. Using the same logic, if he were an OU fan his last words would be "HOOK EM HORNS" just to make texass look bad :sexywink:

BTW, what do you make of the deal about OSU WR Justin Blackmon getting arrested near Dallas?

i feel bad for the freshmen qb who threw the pick in the end zone

but fuck notre dame.

hope you're cursed for the rest of time now

So...uh....next week. Yeah, I'm not sure if I'll survive it.

Go TCU, Go LSU.

And in the last week of the regular season, Go Alabama.

looks like you picked an awesome game to go to

i'd like to apologize to the 82% of the nation that watched arizona poop themselves for 3+ hours

but i'm sure the discussion will lean more towards texas and oklahoma taking even bigger dumps in their pants

Back
Top Bottom