College Football 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't believe College Football starts in less than 2 months! Could be a rough year for my Wolverines. I'm hoping for 8-4 at best, but I think 7-5 or 6-6 are more realistic.

Interesting game in the first month. The Buckeyes and the Trojans going at it. I guess either way I win, a team I dont care for loses! ;)

I can't believe College Football starts in less than 2 months! Could be a rough year for my Wolverines. I'm hoping for 8-4 at best, but I think 7-5 or 6-6 are more realistic.

Interesting game in the first month. The Buckeyes and the Trojans going at it. I guess either way I win, a team I dont care for loses! ;)

The only thing that worries me about the start is complacency...the Trojans play VA on Aug. 30 then its two weeks for OSU at home and then another 2 weeks off until their next game...

I want football NOW!!!! Pete Carroll...

ps...I'm also pulling for the backup QB's to come through, Mitch Mustain, the Arkansas transfers is after Mark Sanchez and then Aaron Corp, a tall left hander who, I think will outdo Matt Leinart by the end of his career...just gotta give them a chance.

And then after Corp is gone, we've got the consensus All-American QB from Mater Dei high school, Matt Barkley...already committed and ranked #1 Rivals prospect for 2009...

Prospect Ranking

Rivals.com Rivals100 2009 | Rivals.com Football Recruiting | last sorted on 6/9/2008
2009 Rank Pos Ht/Wt Schools
1 Matt Barkley
Santa Ana (CA) Mater Dei QB 6-3/226 USC
Remains at No. 1. Righty threw for 3,560 yards and 35 TDs in 2007.

Matt Barkley just won the Gatorade Amateur Player of the Year at the ESPY awards in Los Angeles....'SC has a good one on its hands and he still needs to finish his Sr. year at Mater Dei...(hope he's fast enough to avoid the cheap shots).

Can't wait for the season to kick off. Been a rough 3 year stretch for the Hawkeyes after a unbelievable 3 year run of top 10 finishes (or it may have been 2 top 10, but they had 3 10 win seasons).

Kirk Ferentz is on the hot seat. Lots of experience coming back, and no OSU or Michigan on the schedule. Although this would be the year to play Michigan as they'll be transitioning to a new scheme. Anything less than 8 wins is a real disappointment.

It pains me to say this, but I think OSU will be in the title game AGAIN this year....and they'll probably lose again too.

The only thing that worries me about the start is complacency...the Trojans play VA on Aug. 30 then its two weeks for OSU at home and then another 2 weeks off until their next game...

Wow, I didn't realize they were playing in Char-vegas. When USC played VT it was at FedEx field in MD. Would you want to go? I can ask my friend if she can get tickets for you. She works at UVA.

Wow, I didn't realize they were playing in Char-vegas. When USC played VT it was at FedEx field in MD. Would you want to go? I can ask my friend if she can get tickets for you. She works at UVA.

Well, we talked about it last year and we kinda dropped the ball,,you moved, me, I was just too busy here and there..I would take you up on that in a second BUT its Labor Day weekend and we're already booked 5 days in Las Vegas 8/28 - 9/1...

Thanks so much nontheless...same time next year?????

Sun Devils :rockon:

Tough schedule this year, though...three easy games against NAU, Stanford, and UNLV, then they get a visit from Georgia, then go to LA to take on USC (probably the two NC game teams this year) two weeks later. At least the back end is fairly light, but I have a feeling the damage will be done by then. I'm thinking a 9-3 season and another trip to the Holiday Bowl is on the way.

:hyper: I'm very excited for the season. I started watching regularly last year, and I never cheer for any particular team, so I get to watch all of the games with no bias. It's always a lot of fun for me.

I'm not optimistic about this season at all.

Over/under on Colt's interceptions is going to be set (by me) at 19.5. That's all that little china doll does is throw picks.

GAINESVILLE, Fla. - Florida coach Urban Meyer confirmed to reporters following practice Thursday night that senior tight end Cornelius Ingram would undergo season-ending knee surgery next week.

Ingram, who caught seven touchdown passes last season for the Gators, tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during a 7-on-7 drill Tuesday in practice. At the time, he didn't think it was a serious injury, but his knee began to swell later that night and into the next morning. An MRI showed a complete tear of the ACL.

"It's the hardest part of the game, the hardest part of coaching and the hardest part of playing, especially when you've got a guy like that who does everything right," Meyer said.

Ingram considered turning pro following last season, but elected to return for his senior season. The Gators had spent a big part of the spring and summer putting in a two-tight end package that would feature both Ingram and sophomore Aaron Hernandez.

"You feel terrible for [Ingram]," Florida quarterback Tim Tebow said. "He's such a big part of what we were planning to do, and I know he was going to have a great season. We've got to handle it, deal with it and go on, but it's not easy."

Ingram, who's already used up his redshirt year, could petition the NCAA for a sixth year, but Meyer indicated that the NFL would probably be Ingram's next stop.

:sad:

holy shit clemson at 7?? :ohmy: this will be an interesting season.
and i wanna know why the fuck the acc championship is now in tampa. it was in jville last time, and there were talks of it moving to SC to be more convenient...since tampa is further south than jville, it's even more of a pain in the ass of a commute :(

Sun Devils :rockon:

Tough schedule this year, though...three easy games against NAU, Stanford, and UNLV, then they get a visit from Georgia, then go to LA to take on USC (probably the two NC game teams this year) two weeks later. At least the back end is fairly light, but I have a feeling the damage will be done by then. I'm thinking a 9-3 season and another trip to the Holiday Bowl is on the way.

You'd better get a note to Rudy Carpenter to advise him this is HIS year to prove his mettle and to keep his composure throughout the season; it could be a good one...

:yikes: Its already started for 'SC...QB Mark Sanchez suffered a dislocated kneecap during yesterday's practice! (that's gotta hurt!) They've got Arkansas transfer Mitch Mustain and Aaron Corp in the waiting...

Back
Top Bottom