College Football 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love that Auburn and Oregon did not crack the top 32. I love it.

College football only needs one thing to be changed: it needs a fucking playoff system.

I still don't understand why I was supposed to be excited by Penn State winning the Orange Bowl in 2005 when I believed them to be good enough to at least play for the championship. I mean, what did they win? A consellation prize?

And then yesterday my brother was rooting FOR Ohio State, the team he dislikes most, because, "For Penn State to move up in the BCS, they need a better strength of schedule, so Ohio State needs to win." I don't like that we have to root for rivals because of a computer system. In college basketball do you root for your rivals to win in other games? Methinks not.

Hence, why it needs a playoff system.

AP Top 25

* 1.USC (33)
* 2.Georgia (23)
* 3.Oklahoma (2)
* 4.Florida (4)
* 5.Ohio St. (1)
* 6.Missouri (6)
* 7.LSU (1)
* 8.Texas
* 9.Auburn
* 10.Wisconsin
* 11.Alabama
* 12.Texas Tech
* 13.Kansas
* 14.East Carolina
* 15.Arizona St.
* 16.Oregon
* 17.Penn St.
* 18.BYU
* 19.South Florida
* 20.Wake Forest
* 21.Fresno St.
* 22.Utah
* 23.California
* 24.Illinois
* 25.West Virginia

View Complete Poll Sun Sep 7, 2008
USA Today

* USC (34)
* Georgia (18)
* Oklahoma (3)
* Florida (3)
* Ohio St. (1)
* Missouri
* LSU (2)
* Texas
* Auburn
* Wisconsin
* Kansas
* Texas Tech
* Arizona St.
* Oregon
* BYU
* Alabama
* Penn St.
* South Florida
* Wake Forest
* East Carolina
* Fresno St.
* Utah
* Clemson
* West Virginia
* California

View Complete Poll Sun Sep 7, 2008

I love that Auburn and Oregon did not crack the top 32. I love it.

College football only needs one thing to be changed: it needs a fucking playoff system.

I still don't understand why I was supposed to be excited by Penn State winning the Orange Bowl in 2005 when I believed them to be good enough to at least play for the championship. I mean, what did they win? A consellation prize?

And then yesterday my brother was rooting FOR Ohio State, the team he dislikes most, because, "For Penn State to move up in the BCS, they need a better strength of schedule, so Ohio State needs to win." I don't like that we have to root for rivals because of a computer system. In college basketball do you root for your rivals to win in other games? Methinks not.

Hence, why it needs a playoff system.

Well, Sally, it aint happening anytime soon.

I just hope Florida State doesn't shit the bed next week against Western Kentucky like Virginia Tech did against Eastern Carolina today. One can only hope, at least.

yeah no shit. wtf ecu came outta nowhere. i'm glad wv lost to them though, that doesn't make vt's loss look so pathetic.

and beamer better not ever have taylor sit out for an entire game the rest of this season. :mad:

Already started to get very amped for the Trojan/Buckeye game on Saturday. I don't see Ohio St winning, but, I do hope they make a game of it. I guess they have a fighting chance if Wells is healthy. He's definitely playing, but who knows if he's 100% or not. Pretty cool to have such a big game in week 3 of the season.

Already started to get very amped for the Trojan/Buckeye game on Saturday. I don't see Ohio St winning, but, I do hope they make a game of it. I guess they have a fighting chance if Wells is healthy. He's definitely playing, but who knows if he's 100% or not. Pretty cool to have such a big game in week 3 of the season.

I concur...I can't believe that a game with National Championship implications is being played this early!!! :rockon:

If we're not going to have a playoff, at least get rid of the polls until late September or October.

Too many good teams get handicapped early in the year because of the screwy poll system. You can't honestly predict who is #1 team in nation, or even top 3 until you see a few games.

THe very few times I flip on the radio, this is all I hear about. I'm pretty excited about this game myself.

If we're not going to have a playoff, at least get rid of the polls until late September or October.

Too many good teams get handicapped early in the year because of the screwy poll system. You can't honestly predict who is #1 team in nation, or even top 3 until you see a few games.

The BCS standings don't come out until midseason.

Of course, one of the ingredients that goes into the BCS standings is the USA Today coaches' poll, which does start at the beginning of the season and therefore does have initial-position bias. Oops.

schiano kinda wishes he took the big money to move on to another school right about now.

rutgersfinger.jpg

I actually saw that kid flip the bird on TV last night.
:hi5:

Yeah RU is back to its old ways, I sent an email to my buddy who is a grad/former O-lineman at Rutgers, he hasn't responded.

Is it time yet? Is it time yet?

OSU vs. USC

8 p.m. ur time, 5 p.m. BAW time!

FIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SC.jpg

I have a feeling you guys are going to put a beat down on the Buckeyes. Buckeyes have a lot of talent though and everyone is counting them out. "Could" be interesting. But I doubt it. ;)

Look to be Florida State's last pre-season game today against the illustrious Chattanooga Mocs, so that's good.

I think I'm going to see them play Virginia Tech (which doubles as a college visit) and Boston College this year. Nothing will top seeing them beat BC in Boston though... that was one of the coolest games I've ever seen.

Maryland pulled the upset and manhandled California 35-27. :rockon:

Missouri may put up 70 points in this game against Nevada. :ohmy:

Come on...tOSU is just saving it up for next week...Troy...what a schedule!

'SC did look strong but they weren't firing on all cylinders...I agree with your two predictions....and Rey Maualuga gets my vote for the Butkis award!

Fucking shit.

I'd feel better if Purdue would have held on and beaten Oregon. Not a good day for the Big Ten.

At least Wisconsin is up 10-0 at Fresno St.

Back
Top Bottom