College Football 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That personal foul call on Nebraska was such crap. I HATE seeing great games ruined by shit officials. :down:

Someone please explain to me why you have the away team's conference officiating the game? Why not in a non-conference game use third party officials?

thanks :) that was a great game. great comeback by nebraska. nearly gave me a heart attack!!!

Both teams look to be on the rise. VT could be really good as they gain more experience. Nebraska looks to improve over the remaining games and into next season. The story of these two teams is that you can fix mistakes but not a lack of heart. These two teams have a lot of heart. :up:

Both teams look to be on the rise. VT could be really good as they gain more experience. Nebraska looks to improve over the remaining games and into next season. The story of these two teams is that you can fix mistakes but not a lack of heart. These two teams have a lot of heart. :up:

Well, Tyrod could be the best thing to come out of VT. Too bad the offense is struggling. I was convinced our special teams was supernatural until last week's game. Our defense is still pretty good, but the offense really needs to step it up. A lot of players graduated last year, so this season's team has a lot of fresh meat. They'll get better in time. Glennon needs to stay benched. I nearly lost it when the radio announcer said that he was warming up. He had his chance. He's a senior now and you'd think he'd be better. His time's up.

Penn State has an awesome offense. I think their ultimate success will depend on how well their defense holds up. Losing Sean Lee at LB (just as good as Posluszny and Connor were) was a killer, and his replacement is not very good. But, they have a shot. They'll need to win at Wisconsin.

Rankings: Week 5

Bowl Subdivision Polls
AP Top 25

* 1.Oklahoma (43)
* 2.Alabama (21)
* 3.LSU
* 4.Missouri (1)
* 5.Texas
* 6.Penn St.
* 7.Texas Tech
* 8.BYU
* 9.USC
* 10.South Florida
* 11.Georgia
* 12.Florida
* 13.Auburn
* 14.Ohio St.
* 15.Utah
* 16.Kansas
* 17.Boise St.
* 18.Wisconsin
* 19.Vanderbilt
* 20.Virginia Tech
* 21.Oklahoma St.
* 22.Fresno St.
* 23.Oregon
* 24.Connecticut
* 25.Wake Forest

View Complete Poll Sun Sep 28, 2008
USA Today

1. Oklahoma (57)
2. LSU (1)
3. Missouri
4. Alabama (2)
5. Texas (1)
6. Penn St.
7. BYU
8. Texas Tech
9. USC
10. Georgia
11. South Florida
12. Ohio St.
13. Florida
14. Auburn
15. Utah
16. Kansas
17. Wisconsin
18. Boise St.
19. Vanderbilt
20. Oregon
21. Fresno St.
22. Oklahoma St.
23. Connecticut
24. Virginia Tech
25. Wake Forest

Rankings: Week 5

Bowl Subdivision Polls
AP Top 25

* 1.Oklahoma (43)
* 2.Alabama (21)
* 3.LSU
* 4.Missouri (1)
* 5.Texas
* 6.Penn St.
* 7.Texas Tech
* 8.BYU
* 9.USC
* 10.South Florida
* 11.Georgia
* 12.Florida
* 13.Auburn
* 14.Ohio St.
* 15.Utah
* 16.Kansas
* 17.Boise St.
* 18.Wisconsin
* 19.Vanderbilt
* 20.Virginia Tech
* 21.Oklahoma St.
* 22.Fresno St.
* 23.Oregon
* 24.Connecticut
* 25.Wake Forest

USA Today

1. Oklahoma (57)
2. LSU (1)
3. Missouri
4. Alabama (2)
5. Texas (1)
6. Penn St.
7. BYU
8. Texas Tech
9. USC
10. Georgia
11. South Florida
12. Ohio St.
13. Florida
14. Auburn
15. Utah
16. Kansas
17. Wisconsin
18. Boise St.
19. Vanderbilt
20. Oregon
21. Fresno St.
22. Oklahoma St.
23. Connecticut
24. Virginia Tech
25. Wake Forest

Um...what? How does Georgia fall below USC when they lost to a top 10 team? How does Florida fall below USC when they lost by one point to a team in the toughest conference in the country? :down:

This shit is painful.

One other note, I can't imagine that the team will be that improved next year. We will have better talent at QB and our O-Line should be a bit better, but I think we'll be on the steep part of the learning curve. Year three should be decent. Year four I expect to start winning.

I think the team will be improved considerably on offense next year. They are playing A LOT of true freshmen and redshirt freshmen on offense right now including the key position in this offense quarterback. Everybody starting on offense right now is back next year. If you notice when Threet is even mediocre the offense starts moving and scoring. Imagine getting a quarterback that actually fits the system! Threet will get better and better at it and then next year they have two QB's coming in early that fit the system perfectly. No, we wont be contending for a national title next year, but I think they may be decent. 2 years from now I think it could be look out Big 10 and possibly the rest of the country. I can tell its pretty obvious the rest of the Big 10 is nervous about what RichRod can/could do with Michigan by the way the love to try to slam him. They are obviously concerned about what he could do with Michigan. The guy was winning in West Virginia and was a game away from going to the national title with them and they don't get anywhere near the recruits Michigan gets on the whole. He is a good coach and he will get them there, it will just take some patience which is very tough I know!

I think they may get to a bowl game this year (barely, Motor City Bowl here we come! LOL). My guess is next year will be a significant improvement. All the youth on the field will have a year under their belt and will be very familiar with the offense. Plus he will start to have players he recruited that actually fit what he is trying to do. He is doing very well with recruiting right now, I expect that to pay off quickly.

I do agree though, the turnovers have to stop. The unforced turnovers are just ridiculous. My guess is that it will. (I hope!)

Bowl Subdivision Polls
AP Top 25

* 1.Oklahoma (51)
* 2.Alabama (13)
* 3.Missouri (1)
* 4.LSU
* 5.Texas
* 6.Penn St.
* 7.Texas Tech
* 8.USC
* 9.BYU
* 10.Georgia
* 11.Florida
* 12.Ohio St.
* 13.Vanderbilt
* 14.Utah
* 15.Boise St.
* 16.Kansas
* 17.Oklahoma St.
* 18.Virginia Tech
* 19.South Florida
* 20.Auburn
* 21.Wake Forest
* 22.North Carolina
* 23.Michigan St.
* 24.Pittsburgh
* 25.Ball St.

View Complete Poll Sun Oct 5, 2008
USA Today

* Oklahoma (60)
* Missouri
* LSU (1)
* Alabama
* Texas
* Penn St.
* Texas Tech
* BYU
* USC
* Georgia
* Ohio St.
* Florida
* Utah
* Vanderbilt
* Kansas
* Boise St.
* Oklahoma St.
* Virginia Tech
* Michigan St.
* South Florida
* Wake Forest
* Northwestern
* Auburn
* Wisconsin
* California

View Complete Poll Sun Oct 5, 2008

So on the way to Dallas, barely ten miles out of Austin on the interstate, my truck breaks down. I call AAA and get towed back to the mechanic by my house so I can walk home.

Fuck. Looks like I'm missing OU Weekend.

Back
Top Bottom