College Football 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's right, suck on that Mocs.

I apologize to any Chattanooga fans on here, if there are any.

Upset ???
I'll say!!!!

UNLV 23
#15 Arizona St 20

Mountain West 4-0 today against the Pac -1

UNLV 23 Arizona St 20
BYU 59 UCLA 0
New Mexico 36 Arizona 28
TCU 31 Stanford 14

Add to that blowout losses by Cal to Maryland, Washington to Oklahoma and Washington State to Baylor, and the Pac-10 is looking horrible.

Its going to be an easy road for USC this year

After close wins over perennial powerhouses Temple and Hofstra UConn absolutely embarrasses ACC juggernaut Virginia. Big-12 is next week. Unstoppable. You can't duck us forever Pete Carroll :wink:

Poor Charlie Weis :( Strange coincidence...if I'm Belichick I think I coach from the press box today.

don't sell the flying dutchmen short.

i'm going to have to start rooting for uconn football next year... the starting center on the basketball team i coach also plays football and he's verbally committed to the huskies. and i'll have to say, you guys are getting a steal. only reason why he's not more heralded is 'cause our football team ain't that good. but the kid's a 6'4", 260 pound athletic brick shit house. plays line on both sides of the ball.

I actually saw that kid flip the bird on TV last night.
:hi5:

Yeah RU is back to its old ways, I sent an email to my buddy who is a grad/former O-lineman at Rutgers, he hasn't responded.

yeah, with rutgers back to sucking i feel like there's balance in the world.

UConn absolutely embarrasses ACC juggernaut Virginia.

juggernaut??? virginia??? :laugh:

the terps game was pretty good yesterday!! wow.

le mac phi, i need to talk to you about BC stuff. i'm really gonna try and go to that game.

don't sell the flying dutchmen short.

i'm going to have to start rooting for uconn football next year... the starting center on the basketball team i coach also plays football and he's verbally committed to the huskies. and i'll have to say, you guys are getting a steal. only reason why he's not more heralded is 'cause our football team ain't that good. but the kid's a 6'4", 260 pound athletic brick shit house. plays line on both sides of the ball.

Sounds good to me...building from the lines out etc etc. All joking aside I like what's happening with UConn football. There are people who think/hope that UConn can ascend to the upper echelon of college football but I think that's more wishful thinking than anything else. I'd settle for competing in the Big East every year and not getting embarrassed when they face better teams. I hope they can get back to playing BC every year someday...not sure how that'll work scheduling-wise though.

juggernaut??? virginia??? :laugh:

I was kidding...but if you're with me on the Temple as a powerhouse I'll go with it :wink:

AP Top 25

* 1.USC (61)
* 2.Oklahoma
* 3.Georgia (2)
* 4.Florida (1)
* 5.Missouri
* 6.LSU
* 7.Texas
* 8.Wisconsin
* 9.Alabama
* 10.Auburn
* 11.Texas Tech
* 12.South Florida
* 13.Ohio St.
* 14.BYU
* 15.East Carolina
* 16.Penn St.
* 17.Oregon
* 18.Wake Forest
* 19.Kansas
* 20.Utah
* 21.West Virginia
* 22.Illinois
* 23.Clemson
* 24.Florida St.
* 25.Fresno St.

View Complete Poll Sun Sep 14, 2008
USA Today

* 1. USC (57)
* 2. Oklahoma (1)
* 3. Georgia (2)
* 4. Florida (1)
* 5. Missouri
* 6. LSU
* 7. Texas
* 8. Wisconsin
* 9. Auburn
* 10. Texas Tech
* 11. BYU
* 12. Oregon
* 13. Alabama
* 14. Ohio St.
* 15. Penn St.
* 16. South Florida
* 17. East Carolina
* 18. Wake Forest
* 19. Kansas
* 20. Utah
* 21. Clemson
* 22. West Virginia
* 23. Illinois
* 24. Arizona St.
* 25. Florida St.

View Complete Poll Sun Sep 14, 2008

Re: Florida, I'm thinking that's the only game left...Georgia has to pick it up and 'SC destroyed Oklahoma in the BCS a couple years back...they're just too fast; like Herbstreit said, "they're men against boys."

They're paid well.

reggie-bush-family-house.jpg

I was thinking today that if the first top 25 poll had come out after this weekend that Ohio State probably wouldn't be on it. Who'd put in a team that nearly lost to Ohio and was crushed by USC? Yet they are at #13.

They really have to stop doing preseason polls. :down:

Ah, but the beauty of the BCS and tOSU scheduling USC early is that if tOSU runs the table ( very likely in the little 10), they'll grace us with their presence in a 3rd straight national title tilt.

I was thinking today that if the first top 25 poll had come out after this weekend that Ohio State probably wouldn't be on it. Who'd put in a team that nearly lost to Ohio and was crushed by USC? Yet they are at #13.

They really have to stop doing preseason polls. :down:

I hate the luckeyes and often make up things for which to denigrate them and I think that this post is retarded.

I root for Penn State, so I have added incentive to hate Ohio State.

I'll be at Penn State this weekend, from Friday to Sunday, and will be tailgating and attending the Penn State-Temple game in Happy Valley.

tOSU's running back Beanie Wells is AGAIN out as Coach Tressel said he won't play against Troy...that must be some achin' foot...I saw the play when it happened, I've seen the countless replays...what the hell happened? torn? pulled? toenail????

:shrug:

tOSU's running back Beanie Wells is AGAIN out as Coach Tressel said he won't play against Troy...that must be some achin' foot...I saw the play when it happened, I've seen the countless replays...what the hell happened? torn? pulled? toenail????

:shrug:

Yeah, I thought it was just a case of ReyMaualugaitis...apparently it's more serious...:hmm:

I hope Georgia makes it into the BCS v USC...:yes:

Back
Top Bottom