College Football 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, fuck. We tried to make a run at a comeback but it was not meant to be, I suppose. Mizzouri's offense is legit, they will be troublemakers in the Big 12. But our offense is legit, too.

And, with Missouri being a better team than anyone we will face in the Big Ten, we've got a shot at having a really nice year. We'll be fun to watch at least, especially with Juice growing and maturing as the season progresses. He had probably the best passing performance of his career tonight.

Oh, and Vontae Davis is a fucking stud. He's gotta be one of the best corners in the country.

Man, that was an awesome game. 27-24 UCLA in OT! :rockon:

They may be unranked for the moment, but with an aggressive defense like theirs, you never know. Kevin Craft can't keep throwing 4 INTs a game though. That's unacceptable.

AP Top 25

* 1.USC (21)
* 2.Georgia (20)
* 3.Ohio St. (15)
* 4.Oklahoma (2)
* 5.Florida (5)
* 6.Missouri (1)
* 7.LSU (1)
* 8.West Virginia
* 9.Auburn
* 10.Texas
* 11.Wisconsin
* 12.Texas Tech
* 13.Alabama
* 14.Kansas
* 15.BYU
* 15.Arizona St.
* 17.South Florida
* 18.Oregon
* 19.Penn St.
* 20.Wake Forest
* 21.Fresno St.
* 22.Utah
* 23.UCLA
* 24.South Carolina
* 24.Illinois

View Complete Poll Sun Aug 31, 2008
USA Today

* USC (23)
* Georgia (20)
* Ohio St. (10)
* Oklahoma (2)
* Florida (3)
* LSU (3)
* Missouri
* West Virginia
* Texas
* Auburn
* Wisconsin
* Kansas
* Texas Tech
* Arizona St.
* BYU
* Oregon
* Alabama
* South Florida
* Penn St.
* Wake Forest
* Fresno St.
* Clemson
* Utah
* South Carolina
* Illinois

View Complete Poll Sun Aug 31, 2008

The big discussion on Sunday among Penn State fans was whether it was ethical of Penn State to string Pat Devlin along by saying it was an undecided starter job when everyone knew Darryl Clark would be the starter. Clark is a senior who just got an extra year of eligibility, making him a junior. Devlin is a redshirt sophomore.

Now that he's played a game this season, he's very limited in transfer options. More or less, no matter what he does, he'll only have one starting year in his college career. Despite being a great talent.

I'd love for him to stay, as I saw him play at Downingtown East, and knowing how good of a player he is and will be for them, but it's kind of a drag for him.

USC leaping over Georgia is a complete overreaction. All USC did was beat a crappy ACC team.

Oh and Texas Tech at #12 just shows that these people don't know anything about the Big 12. :down:

Yeah, I'll go halfway with you but these schedules are set in stone 2 and 3 year ahead of time when Virginia was not such a crappy team...I'm not gonna jump on this because I, devout SC fan that I am, am still not sold on the QB...I'll let you know after we beat UCLA later this year...Even I'm not convinced that they deserve #1...

The real question is why USC wasn't number one before, in my opinion. I think they're definitely better than Georgia.

USC leaping over Georgia is a complete overreaction. All USC did was beat a crappy ACC team.

:
And GA beat a div 1AA team, at home, USC was on the road.
I think a win in Charlottesville, though not difficult, is more impressive than a win over GA Southern at home.

USC would have leapfrogged them after they pummel tOSU in 2 weeks anyway.

And GA beat a div 1AA team, at home, USC was on the road.
I think a win in Charlottesville, though not difficult, is more impressive than a win over GA Southern at home.

USC would have leapfrogged them after they pummel tOSU in 2 weeks anyway.

Like Pfan said they should have been ranked at #1 anyways based on last year. My thinking though is that you shouldn't drop in the polls if you didn't have a bad performance.

In a totally random post, I have always felt there are way too many Division 1A teams.

Here are the teams I'd keep if the number of teams were lowered to a logical thirty-two. I picked based on a mix of history and current play.

1. Florida State
2. Miami
3. Virginia Tech
4. Kansas
5. Missouri
6. Nebraska
7. Oklahoma
8. Texas
9. West Virginia
10. Michigan
11. Ohio State
12. Iowa
13. Wisconsin
14. Penn State
15. East Carolina
16. Notre Dame
17. Miami (Ohio)
18. Bowling Green
19. Toledo
20. Utah
21. Wyoming
22. Arizona State
23. Cal
24. UCLA
25. USC
26. Alabama
27. Florida
28. Georgia
29. LSU
30. Tennessee
31. Fresno State
32. Hawaii

/random post

Only 32 teams in 1A?
And you would include East Carolina, Miami O, Bowling Green, Toledo and Hawai'i amongst the top 32 teams in all the land?
I think the likes of Auburn, Oregon, BYU, Illinois, Wake Forest and dozens of others would consistently wipe the floor with those teams.

Ohio 14
Ohio St. 6

Ohio State isn't done yet, I see a good second half coming up.

This just in: college kids sometimes smoke pot and sometimes meet up with girls.

See: Penn State.

Only 32 teams in 1A?
And you would include East Carolina, Miami O, Bowling Green, Toledo and Hawai'i amongst the top 32 teams in all the land?
I think the likes of Auburn, Oregon, BYU, Illinois, Wake Forest and dozens of others would consistently wipe the floor with those teams.

Don't forget Wyoming! Great list, Screw!

The 4th quarter of the USF-UCF game was sick, too.

In a totally random post, I have always felt there are way too many Division 1A teams.

Here are the teams I'd keep if the number of teams were lowered to a logical thirty-two. I picked based on a mix of history and current play.

1. Florida State
2. Miami
3. Virginia Tech
4. Kansas
5. Missouri
6. Nebraska
7. Oklahoma
8. Texas
9. West Virginia
10. Michigan
11. Ohio State
12. Iowa
13. Wisconsin
14. Penn State
15. East Carolina
16. Notre Dame
17. Miami (Ohio)
18. Bowling Green
19. Toledo
20. Utah
21. Wyoming
22. Arizona State
23. Cal
24. UCLA
25. USC
26. Alabama
27. Florida
28. Georgia
29. LSU
30. Tennessee
31. Fresno State
32. Hawaii

/random post

I love Florida State, and they've certainly been great in the past. 15-or-so years finishing in the Top 5 is fucking something, but they're a mediocre program right now, even with top talent. There's no way I'd rank them that high, or Miami for that matter.

Tonight's win over Western Carolina is what every game should be like. I'm incredibly stoked for this coming season.

Back
Top Bottom